LPGA Honda Classic...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Starts today in Pattaya Beach, Thailand....will be there two of the days...and as usual, the South Koreans are bringing in their top players....I expect them to dominate the field....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: LPGA Honda Classic...

I attended an LPGA event here in Las Vegas a few years ago and the attendance was incredibly poor.

railbird

EOG Master

I attended an LPGA event here in Las Vegas a few years ago and the attendance was incredibly poor.

Phoenix got 150,000 for the weekend and still couldnt find a sponsor. Korean butch girls are hard to market.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Great day today at the course...Tons of fans following the top pros....spent most of the day on the putting green and on the driving range....the heat was above what most of the girls were accustomed to...lots of umbrellas and bottles of water on sale....

2 and 3 tier greens were the norm....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Overcast day today....will be at the course tomorrow...tons of birdies because the lightening greens softened up after the previous days rain....will be a battle between the top four players on the leaderboard...the Japanese lady is playing very well....

And as always, picked up a few pointers by watching them on the range and on the putting green...for example; open up your sand wedge and dig your feet in the sand more than you are used to...(for geenside bunkers)