Boys, just did my good deed for the day.

J

joeybagadonuts

I went to go grab some scratchers at the local quickie mart and the kid who's dad owns the store, who is always there at night, gave me 10 extra $3 tickets. I usually count them while he is giving me them but there was a long line and I felt like a dirty degenerate while he counted out my $150 worth of tix. I got home and noticed there were too many. I got my ass back in the car and brought them back. Worst part was, I had to convince the kid that he gave me too many. He pulled out the register tape so I can 'prove' it to him.

:shoot:

pvcpipe

EOG Master
Re: Boys, just did my good deed for the day.

i bet i'd blow 100/month on scratchers if they had them here.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

It was a sign, you should have given him the extra 30 and cashed the million 4 life!

J

joeybagadonuts

I won't lie and say I wasn't tempted to just keep them.

I don't believe in god, but I do believe in karma with gambling.

I went to go grab some scratchers at the local quickie mart and the kid who's dad owns the store, who is always there at night, gave me 10 extra $3 tickets. I usually count them while he is giving me them but there was a long line and I felt like a dirty degenerate while he counted out my $150 worth of tix. I got home and noticed there were too many. I got my ass back in the car and brought them back. Worst part was, I had to convince the kid that he gave me too many. He pulled out the register tape so I can 'prove' it to him.

:shoot:

...no good deed goes unpunished. You sound just like me.

What you don't understand was, the gambling Gods were smiling on you and you spit in their eye and gave back the winfall...

...any winners at that place the day you turned in the tickets?

kid44

EOG Dedicated

why anyone would buy them is beyond me. Can anyone say they are up money on these things?
There has to be some one hit wonders but it is my belief if you buy them long term its not worth it.

High Times

EOG Master

why anyone would buy them is beyond me. Can anyone say they are up money on these things?
There has to be some one hit wonders but it is my belief if you buy them long term its not worth it.

I agree 100%

I don't think I have used $10 in my life on them.

Love the Avatar ..... Is that you holding the cup?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Joey send some my way, was always fun burning money on them while living in NY, Nevada scared they will affect the slot business :shoot:

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

Good work...150 in scratch offs sounds like a party to me! A dark room some jack Daniels and scratch off dust is a small piece of heaven

J

joeybagadonuts

Good work...150 in scratch offs sounds like a party to me! A dark room some jack Daniels and scratch off dust is a small piece of heaven

I only kept 2 of the 'set for life' tickets that give you $100k for life if you win and got nothing back. The rest I gave to my 'popdukes' (dad).

Oh man, speaking of scratch off dust...

Few weeks ago I borrow one of my dads cars bc mine was getting a tune up. I'm driving and open the sunroof up and notice some weird dust flying all over. I'm looking around and don't see anything. I finally get home and look closer. There is a full on layer on scratcher dust on the center console but I couldn't see it bc the carbon fiber is the same color as the scatch off dust..

:LMAO

J

joeybagadonuts

Good move sir. You ever hit any significant prizes Joey?

Nope. I don't buy them too often but the 3 biggest scores in probably 15 years of buying them are $50 (2x) and $100 once. One $50 came when I was about 15 and the other $50 and the $100 came in one night. It was the same night I moved into my house. I was on a bender and use to smoke back then, I walked to the gas station by my house and buy a $1 ticket w my smokes. I hit for $50. I throw the guy working $20 of it but he refuses to take it. So I tell him to just give me 4 of the $5 ea tix. The first one I scratch I hit for $100.

Integrity

EOG Master

Scratchers are fun....just so long as you don't really expect to win anything LOL

I like the BINGO ones. Even if you lose, you get the money's worth by how long it takes to play

J

joeybagadonuts

Joey send some my way, was always fun burning money on them while living in NY, Nevada scared they will affect the slot business :shoot:

I'll hook you up.

Every single gas station, liquor store, and grocery store sells them here. They have everything from $1 to $25 a ticket, along with pretty much every domination in between.

J

joeybagadonuts

Scratchers are fun....just so long as you don't really expect to win anything LOL

I like the BINGO ones. Even if you lose, you get the money's worth by how long it takes to play

My dad likes the crossword style ones for that exact reason. He likes the extra time it takes to lose his $.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

My dad likes the crossword style ones for that exact reason. He likes the extra time it takes to lose his $.

I fuckin' hate those for that reason. I swear to God, I bought two about a month back when I had money left over from gas. I did one- lost. But I was so annoyed at how long it took, the other one is still in a drawer. I'll get around to it though, in case it's a big money ticket.

Integrity

EOG Master

I fuckin' hate those for that reason. I swear to God, I bought two about a month back when I had money left over from gas. I did one- lost. But I was so annoyed at how long it took, the other one is still in a drawer. I'll get around to it though, in case it's a big money ticket.

Kinger is a 'pay me or get the fuck away from me' type of guy :LMAO

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Lucky winner that's yet to be scratched. I'll hold out another couple of days. :mutley

PROFESSOR

EOG Dedicated

I'll hook you up.

Every single gas station, liquor store, and grocery store sells them here. They have everything from $1 to $25 a ticket, along with pretty much every domination in between.

Hell they even have them in many bars and restaurants now days in ny.

Wade

EOG Master

doughnuts what are you doing pal? you caught a break but you gave it a way. :finger004 california probably has the worst lottery in the country. here in the northeast we have the best. a guy won $1 million dollars twice on the same $20 scratch ticket game. Man Claims Second Lottery Jackpot In 3 Years

lap18

EOG Dedicated

In Illinois I have one friend that won 1 million on a scratcher last summer. His brother in law was one of 12 to split a 20 million lotto winner a few years back.
The 1 million scratch off cost 100 for one ticket. Not sure how anybody could pay that much.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I had a similar thing happen, and it was also with those "Set For Life" scratchers. I usually buy 4 $5 tickets a day and if the Fantasy 5 is up high enough, I'll $5-$10 of those, and if it's Tues or Friday, I'll buy at least $20 of the Mega Millions if the jackpot is high.

But one day at my local liquor store, for some reason, the clerk gave me three extra SFL tickets. When he gives them to me, I fold them up and stick them in my back pocket. When I got home, I realized the mistake and called them right up and told them the mistake. I told him that I'd keep them and pay him the next day. Since I go there every day, he wasn't worried about the money. Wouldn't you know, one of the tickets were a $50 winner, along with two other Ticket winners.

But get this! I always put in my scratchers in the 2nd drawing online. Now I've had tickets that showed "Invalid" or it was a winner. But after checking the ticket 20 times, I couldn't find how it could be a winner. So I take it down to the store to check it, and it was a winner even though no numbers matched to be a winner.

Now on the other side, I bought 4 tickets one night of the SFL. The numbers were 25,26,27,28. 25,27,28 were all $10 winners. I entered 26 in the 2nd chance drawing on Saturday night when I bought the tickets. I go to the store on Sunday morning, and for some reason, 25 showed it had already been paid. Now obviously I didn't run down to the store on Saturday night and cash one ticket and not the other two, but for some reasonit showed it had already been paid. I wrote the Lotto commision and explained what happened, but for some reason they haven't gotten back to me yet. This was only last Saturday night, so I guess they are researching what happened. I hope they don't try to beat me out of $10.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I bought a million lottery tickets. I won a dollar. -- Steven Wright

J

joeybagadonuts

Update.

Popdukes said there was a single $100 winner and the total return was $173 .

Not bad given that usually you probably get back around .12 for every dollar spent on scratchers.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Sometimes theres a point of no return when doing a good deed.

No chance im going back if someone fucks up and i got to go on with my day

munson15

I want winners...

In our state the payout is 20% roughly, which makes scratchoffs the worst play in gambling. My brother used to give my kids scratchoffs for Christmas, on $20 worth of tickets, they'd max out at $5, which was a pretty crummy Christmas gift.

p.s. nice of you to do the right thing, Joey, not sure what I would have done.

J

joeybagadonuts

congrats on your good deed donuts

I did my good deed yesterday but showing you that gun to buy, pal.

Maybe tomorrow Kinger will hook you up with insurance as his good deed.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

HEY JOEY ALL THE GUYS AT THE QUICKIE MARTS HERE IN BOSTON ARE INDIANS AND POSSIBLE TERRORISTS I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU WOULD HAVE DONE THIS GOOD DEED WITH THESE GREASY DIRTY BASTARDS.I WILL NEVER FORGET THE TIME I BOUGHT A CANDY BAR A NESTLES DARK CHOCOLATE IT WAS SO OLD IT WAS TURNING WHITE DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE F-CKING INDIAN SAID TO ME I THINK THATS WHITE CHOCOLATE CANDY BAR :LMAOTHE F-CKING INDIAN WAS SERIOUS HE WASNT GOING TO GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY SO I TOLD HIM I WOULD GO GET A COP AND SUE YOU FOR FOOD POISENING.

THESE F-CKING INDIANS FROM INDIA DONT HAVE A CLUE I ASKED THE F-CKING IDIOT FOR THE GOLD SHEET AND HE HANDS ME A LOTTERY TICKET POT OF GOLD :+clueless

BOYS JUST A WORD OF ADVICE NEVER BUY ANYTHING TO EAT FROM AN INDIAN OWNED STORE 24 THEY DONT THROW ANYTHING AWAY AND YOU WILL GET FOOD POISENING