Viejo

Buskie

EOG Veteran
You have live in different places including vegas for a bit, how come there isn't a water ice stand like rita's on the west coast ?

minet123

EOG Addicted
Re: Viejo

They do shaved ice with that sticky sweet corn syrup flavoring and besides out side of Philadelphia they look at you like you got 5 heads when you say water ice
Ritas markets as Italian Ice as you go south of Wilmington

Buskie

EOG Veteran

They do shaved ice with that sticky sweet corn syrup flavoring and besides out side of Philadelphia they look at you like you got 5 heads when you say water ice
Ritas markets as Italian Ice as you go south of Wilmington

Yeah but there isn't any reason it can't be made here right ? I know that with the water its tough to get good bread but I can't see why you couldn't push good water ice

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

all kinds of Itailan ice places all over the country....just some better than others....

They even have them in Thailand where they put toppings on them like fresh fruit and candies...

But nothing compares to Ritas....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Open one right in the middle of the strip from may-nov and get rich.....I will be a partner and will let Tuck run it.....:lock:

Via Veneto in norristown is the best in the country, they had a stand at the UNLV basketball complex the last one I was there. Theyre in something like 25 states now

Buskie

EOG Veteran

Via Veneto in norristown is the best in the country, they had a stand at the UNLV basketball complex the last one I was there. Theyre in something like 25 states now

Damm I was hoping there wasn't anything like that in vegas I will have to check that out

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Yea Thomas and Mack, not sure it's there anymore, I will let you know if I go to tomorrows game

It was a cart thingy. this was years ago tho. you can buy their product wholesale and become and independent seller

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Buskie...I used to have the rights to Tastykake in Las Vegas when I lived there....just got too damned hot in the summer even though I got it shipped in frozen...worked too hard for too little money...that's when the town was only around 300,000 people...

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Haha Viejo, they even mentioned bringing tastykake out here. Your to swift on your toes to let them beat you to the punch.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

1983..I had three trucks and a partner...Hostess did everything in their power to bury us and the markets wanted kickbacks for shelf space....worked too many hours....

We had a lot of great ideas to make it work but not enough cash to get things done the right way...my business skills were lacking....

Vegas still has a few places that still have TastyKakes...