The SportsOptions Showdown [Mark Simons vs. Tripp]

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: The SportsOptions Showdown [Mark Simons vs. Tripp]

Here's hoping the Trippster calls on time tonight. You didn't Joey. And here's hoping he has the game numbers for his five selections. You didn't Joey. But you did win, Joey. I'll give you that!

:cheers

I was drunk and lost track of time, pal.

I called late, didn't have the rotation numbers, lines had moved on me, and I still won.

:finger004

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Joey could've been 5-0 if not for a last-second switch.

tripp

EOG Master

As long as the lines are in the range I expect them to be I have my five plays ready to go. :pop:

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

I thought JBD did a great job.
He was confident original and provocative. Attacking a good guy and a sponsor was over the top and unexpected but it absolutely goes with the territory.Simons has promoted his excellent product and shared many against the spread selections.JBD attacked his picks not his product.The selections Simon's shared have thus far crapped out.This is a place for the thick skinned.
Fairly or unfairly the scoreboard says it all. JBD backed his talk with a very solid 4-1.

J

joeybagadonuts

He was confident original and provocative. Attacking a good guy and a sponsor was over the top and unexpected but it absolutely goes with the territory.Simons has promoted his excellent product and shared many against the spread selections.JBD attacked his picks not his product.The selections Simon's shared have thus far crapped out.This is a place for the thick skinned.
Fairly or unfairly the scoreboard says it all. JBD backed his talk with a very solid 4-1.

I also mentioned on the show that SO is the best line tracker out there and has crushed the once ubiquitous don best.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I plan to read this excellent post tonight on the radio program.

Bomzee is an underrated EOG contributor.

tripp

EOG Master

Locked and loaded with Jack. Very happy with the numbers I got.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Locked and loaded with Jack. Very happy with the numbers I got.

Here's hoping you'll be celebrating Saturday night just like the player in your avatar.

tripp

EOG Master

Something tells me A Rod's Saturday night celebrations might be a little bit better than mine. :lol

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Someone hit the "rocky theme" music. Time for Mark to get a first round TKO!!!!!

Tuckman

Uh Poster

trippppppppppppppppper, im gonna listen in tonight to you bitch, better rip up some shit to make it worth my while :lock:

brians

EOG Dedicated

14-17-4 is better than my record over my last 35. ugh

It feels like football season. Awesome weather, walking the dog listening to JK orchestrate a showdown between two gamblers, not the excitement football presents, but nonetheless, very enjoyable!

The SportsOptions Showdown
-----------Week Eight----------

TRIPP'S PLAYS

534 Kansas State -11
681 VMI OVER 165
628 Hawaii +1
517 West Virginia +3
593 North Carolina pk (BEST BET)

MARK SIMONS' PLAYS

546 Lasalle -4
550 Iowa -2.5
563 Louisville +9.5
590 TCU +1.5
580 Iowa State -1.5 (BEST BET)

:pop:

Scratch

EOG Veteran

Anyone able to share a best bets records for Simon and the EOG team? Don't want to bet 10 games but would like to take both best bets if they have a decent history.

Thanks fellas.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Here's hoping the Trippster calls on time tonight. You didn't Joey. And here's hoping he has the game numbers for his five selections. You didn't Joey. But you did win, Joey. I'll give you that!

Joey was waiting for some last minute line movements. :LMAO

pvcpipe

EOG Master

beat him like he stole something, tripper! :lock:

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I really enjoyed Tripp.
Nice Kid.
I wish him well today and in life in general.
He's got his whole life ahead of him.
Lots of upside for this guy.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

? Mizzou's playing TT today, i didn't see them in his plays

Yeah I'm retarded. For some reason was thinking Iowa State played Mizzou today. And because you can't edit posts unless you do it right away, my idiocy is left there.

J

joeybagadonuts

Tripper 2-1 (bb still pending)
Guppie 1-1 (bb still pending)

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Mark Simon just got a rabbit jammed up his ass with the Louisville cover. Down 14 with 40 seconds left Louisville gets a bucket. Syracuse inbounds the ball and takes it into the half court and don't need to shoot the ball. They turn it over and Louisville gets an AND 1 to cut it to 9. Syracuse then takes 2 more shots including a wide open 3 and an offensive rebound put back that goes in AFTER THE BUZZER.

About time Mark got a bit of luck on his side.

Both contestants sit at 2-1 with TCU + 1.5 & (BB) Iowa St -1.5 pending for Mark Simons and Hawaii +1 & (BB) North Carolina pk pending for Tripper!

Heim

EOG Master

Mark should get bonus points for fading the Pinny lean of -4 +111 on LaSalle. You'd
think the lean never loses on this forum.

Looks like overtime is going to screw Mark.

Bad beat for MS to be sure! As a result of TCU's OT loss to SDSt, EOG contributor Tripp is the official winner of the SportsOptions Showdown--week #8. Tripp stands at 3-1 with Hawaii +1 pending. Mark Simons finished 3-2, but can't win as his Best Bet winner, Iowa State, covered the spread by a smaller margin (ISt 80-72) than Tripp's Best Bet, North Carolina (NC 87-70). Great job by both contestants and especially by Tripp who correctly analyzed North Carolina to blow out the Dukies. Team EOG is currently 26-13 (66.7%) in the Showdown!