Creighton and Wichita dreadfully under-seeded

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Creighton will win their second round match-up vs unc and I'm a unc fan. Wichita will lose early, but they were under seeded.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated
Re: Creighton and Wichita dreadfully under-seeded

You obviously have not watched Creighton play much defense. Not going to beat Carolina and will struggle mightily to get past a Bama team that plays defense.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Give me st Louis over izzo and msu as well. Love izzo in these tourneys as most know, but majerus and st Louis are dangerous.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Unc is a great match up and I loved bama this year but theyre not the same since the suspensions. Creighton is dreadful on defense, and royal I watch more valley baskets than anyone here by far. Creighton has one of the 3 best players in the tournament. Unc's drive is dreadful and the are laxidasical. They'll overlook creighton and lose. Bama won't score enough to stay with creighton.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Hope I'm wrong as I want unc to win.Long beach is elite 8 capable too. I've said that all year

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I doubt you watch more of it than me, and certainly not Creighton more than me. And watching more can cloud ones judgement if that knowledge gained by watching is not used effectively. Thinking they match up well with Carolina is not effective use. They have very little hope of slowing down Carolina. They can score on Carolina some, but the ease of the baskets for Carolina will overwhelm them should they get by Alabama somehow, and they may have too much scoring for Bama. Should be a good one.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Good point on Henson. Makes a huge difference for them. And Bama certainly a good draw, considering other teams in that territory.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Henson won't be effective in the Tourney. He's soft as is. D, I agree it worked out but they were under seeded. You know I agree that McDermott is the best player and should have been npoy. He's Larry bird. Said it forever and will continue.

Unc without Henson, and with Kendall Marshall thinking he's now a scorer is dangerous. Barnes not getting the ball late scares me. Zeller is overrated and a bit soft.

brians

EOG Dedicated

Give me st Louis over izzo and msu as well. Love izzo in these tourneys as most know, but majerus and st Louis are dangerous.

Couldn't agree more. I HATE going against Izzo teams in March but this team might have just peaked in the Big 10 tourny. Regardless it's more of a situation where I want to ride St.Louis anyway.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Creighton is soft and I thinh they suck.I would have loved to see a physical team like Temple beat them up....come to think of it they might have already done it.If they are not shooting lights out they are finished

Witch St got screwed.A good deep team that can play on the road and beat you up.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I refuse to bet against izzo in march Brian, so I won't this year but unlike most years I won't be betting on them. I like izzo as a dog, but long beach is so prepared it's scary. They've played so many damn good teams close this year. Long beach was my #1 mid-major coming into the year. I love their roster

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'm not sold on Wichita - in fact I'll fade them and I've seen them play 10-12 games this year. I've felt that creighton was Better all year. Creighton has the best player in their bracket.D , I agree Greensboro kills em. Also Agree Memphis is a dreadful draw for st Louis but think their discipline and experience get them the win

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Memphis vs.St Louis thats a sick 8/9 game.Smart vs.dumb.I don't have a clue here.Both teams should have been seated higher.

brians

EOG Dedicated

They're only getting by Memphis if Black gets in foul trouble by Conklin. I think it will be a very interesting game, like Memphis only cause STL wasn't that impressive vs. Xavier in my opinion.

Would give Creighton a fighting chance vs. UNC if the game wasn't in Greensboro.

St.Louis & Memphis are both play-on teams for me. Very disappointed to see them matched up in Rd.1 (or Rd.2 - whatever they're calling it).

brians

EOG Dedicated

I refuse to bet against izzo in march Brian, so I won't this year but unlike most years I won't be betting on them. I like izzo as a dog, but long beach is so prepared it's scary. They've played so many damn good teams close this year. Long beach was my #1 mid-major coming into the year. I love their roster

Good distinction on Izzo as a dog vs Izzo as chalk.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Creighton is not better than them and it is not all that close. And Doug is a nice player but it nowhere near the player of the year or the best player, let alone another Larry Bird. That is absurd.

I'm not sold on Wichita - in fact I'll fade them and I've seen them play 10-12 games this year. I've felt that creighton was Better all year. Creighton has the best player in their bracket.D , I agree Greensboro kills em. Also Agree Memphis is a dreadful draw for st Louis but think their discipline and experience get them the win

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Doug McDermott is more than a nice player, it's absurd to say otherwise IMO. He's a guaranteed 1st team all-American and I think he's the best and most efficient player in the country. He's ahead of Larry bird as a sophomore - to think otherwise would be ignoring the facts. Royal I know you live around creighton? So I'm not doubting you watch them, but I watch the valley like it's the only league in college hoops - while watching the big east a shit load as a Marquette fan. Doug McDermott is the best and most polished college basketball player in the country

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Anthony Davis is a monster, but no player carries a larger load than Doug. He's the only reason they beat isu. I love great players in the tournament, and especially love great players who are a tough match up and McDermott is that.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

No way. There are two ends of the basketball court. Not just about numbers, especially when you must weigh the competition level that he was dealing with.

not the 'best' but the most deserving. He is absolutely deserving of that accolade and if the pollsters had any stones they'd give him POY honors.

Wichita is better than Creighton but they got a much worse 1st round matchup.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I live in Omaha. I watch a lot of Creighton games. Many of them only on here. I am extremely familiar with him. I also have 9 cable boxes so I watch a lot of basketball. So I have watched a lot of Davis. I will take him, as well as Robinson, and also Green over Doug. That is big boy basketball they play, and they are great. Doug is one of the better Mo Valley players I have seen. If you think he can be another Bird, that is a bit far fetched. Lets see if he can take them where Larry did. I very much doubt it. Creighton is a soft ballclub. And he does little to toughen it. Pops is a brutal defensive coach also. No clue why they play so aggressive on defense. People blow by them like they are in quicksand.

Doug McDermott is more than a nice player, it's absurd to say otherwise IMO. He's a guaranteed 1st team all-American and I think he's the best and most efficient player in the country. He's ahead of Larry bird as a sophomore - to think otherwise would be ignoring the facts. Royal I know you live around creighton? So I'm not doubting you watch them, but I watch the valley like it's the only league in college hoops - while watching the big east a shit load as a Marquette fan. Doug McDermott is the best and most polished college basketball player in the country

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Anyone got an opinion on BYU/Iona at BYU -2? Seems to me BYU is a little smarter, and a little bigger, and a little better?

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I think he is incredibly efficient also Dsethi. I just think those 3 I mentioned are better players on better teams and are more deserving of the player of the year. Also, not a whole lot of shot blocking ability in the Valley which makes it a little easier to be efficient, but son of a bitch, he is most certainly that.

Bama favored if you like Creighton.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Mitchell is done d and I'll be on creighton. Royal I think you're drastically underrating McDermott. He has a great game inside and out. The valley is also a top 6 conference this year (like 2 years ago) so his competition was tough. Valley and mwc was better than the pac12 this year. Valley is a top 3 defensive conference too - that's despite their lack of shot blockers IMO.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

It is a different type of defense though. More packed in, similar to Big 10 in some ways, just worse players. I think he is very good. Great player in a solid league. I just prefer Davis, Robinson and possibly Green. I think they are better, thats all. Guessing the NBA will think so as well.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

There's a reason the big 10 does so well in the tourney every year royal. Also, the big 10 is the best conference in America this year easily and this is coming from a big east guy. The Midwest produces the best and toughest players in the country because basketball is a year round sport. Mcdemott is the real deal - and by real I mean NBA all-star caliber

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

And there is a reason the Valley doesn't usually do well also.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

And there is a reason the Valley doesn't usually do well also.
Historically the valley demolishes expectations when theyre rated as highly as they are this year - which is a top 6 conference in the rpi. Last time they were this good bradlley and siu were in the sweet 16. Crazy thing is this conference will be even better next year - potentially becoming a top 5 conference next year. PVC, I had bama in my preseason top 10 and I like Anthony grant more than any here easily but with the suspensions to Mitchell are 1/4 the team they were

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Historically the valley demolishes expectations when theyre rated as highly as they are this year - which is a top 6 conference in the rpi. Last time they were this good bradlley and siu were in the sweet 16. Crazy thing is this conference will be even better next year - potentially becoming a top 5 conference next year. PVC, I had bama in my preseason top 10 and I like Anthony grant more than any here easily but with the suspensions to Mitchell are 1/4 the team they were

Totally agree, I thought Grant was an excellent coach at VCU and Bama got a steal in getting him as their HC. Also agree with you that Bama has not been the same since Mitchell got suspended, especially struggling offensive end. I think Bama has to keep the score in the 50's to low 60's to have any chance of beating Creighton.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Valley not as good this year as then in my opinion. Conference RPI might be as high, but that doesn't tell the whole story, like how the Pac 12 got so incredibly bad etc.

I love Grant as well. Really good coach.

As for them having to keep it in 50's, I don't think that is true. There is another path to success for Bama. And that is pressuring the hell out of Creighton and let their superior quickness and athletes win. They did do some of that in 2nd part of year, even when decimated by suspensions, so I think there is a chance we see some of that. If executed properly, it actually can serve as a way to slow Creighton down. Will be an interesting ballgame.

mike499

EOG Veteran

For what its worth watching ESPNU show experts all have Blue Jays round one tend to agree

EasyGoer45

EOG Veteran

Creighton will win their second round match-up vs unc and I'm a unc fan. Wichita will lose early, but they were under seeded.

The best way to beat UNC is to run the whole game and score lots of points, and they are a very average team without Henson.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Anyone got an opinion on BYU/Iona at BYU -2? Seems to me BYU is a little smarter, and a little bigger, and a little better?

Was correct besides the smarter part. Horrific coaching by BYU made a game of it. Hard to believe how he could have such a horrible game plan at the outset.

railbird

EOG Master

Valley not as good this year as then in my opinion. Conference RPI might be as high, but that doesn't tell the whole story, like how the Pac 12 got so incredibly bad etc.

I love Grant as well. Really good coach.

As for them having to keep it in 50's, I don't think that is true. There is another path to success for Bama. And that is pressuring the hell out of Creighton and let their superior quickness and athletes win. They did do some of that in 2nd part of year, even when decimated by suspensions, so I think there is a chance we see some of that. If executed properly, it actually can serve as a way to slow Creighton down. Will be an interesting ballgame.

Give me Mcdermott over Grant 8 days a week and twice on Sunday

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

That tells me all I need to know about your knowldege of college basketball coaching.