J

joeybagadonuts

Re: Let's go UNLV (Rally THREAD)

Lets go POINTS for both teams !!!!!

:houra

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Finally a great game today besides Wichita.

What a terrible shot by UNLV there.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Offensive fouls have gotten out of hand in college hoops. It's just stupid at this point. Guys don't play defense anymore, they just stand in the way and take charges if they can. Yet, that's not good defense and shouldn't be rewarded.

There's a monumental difference between shifting over and getting a charge, and refusing to play defense and drawing a charge. There is nothing more embarrassing in college basketball than when 6'10-7 foot guys stand to take charges now instead of getting their hands up and playing defense.

The college game should be embarrassed about how many charges are being called. Play fucking defense... Jesus Christ. The constant offensive fouls have ruined the flow of the game and it's ruined college defense.

I can't say it anymore - if you're a post player and taking charges when guards drive you're a fucking embarrassment. Get your hands up and play defense.

I blame this all on coach K and if you don't think too many offensive fouls are called in the college game you're not watching.

J

joeybagadonuts

Would still play the over in that one every single time.

UNLV shoots 28% and Colorado 38% and it was within 3.5

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

You play the altitude angle w the game being in Albuquerque?

No.

I liked UNLV's halfcourt defense.

I also was impressed with CU's defense in the Pac-12 tournament.

Pace was fast but UNLV was 9-for-36 from beyond the arc.

The UNLV play-by-play announcer Jon Sandler criticized the Rebels for not playing as a team.

I don't care for Sandler but he was right about that point.

living here in Vegas, I have become a little bit of a Rebel fan, although my hearts still in Kansas State's corner...
Having said that, I have developed a love/hate relationship with the Rebels...I think they lack leadership, heart, and the ability to have killer instincts...and for me that comes from coaching...I know Dave Rice came in here on a high note and all, but listening to him on the radio and reading his spew in the RJ, not really sold on him yet...
I wish him and the Rebels success but he needs to toughen up a bit and get kids to play the same way...until then the Love/Hate will continue...:+clueless

Tuckman

Uh Poster

living here in Vegas, I have become a little bit of a Rebel fan, although my hearts still in Kansas State's corner...
Having said that, I have developed a love/hate relationship with the Rebels...I think they lack leadership, heart, and the ability to have killer instincts...and for me that comes from coaching...I know Dave Rice came in here on a high note and all, but listening to him on the radio and reading his spew in the RJ, not really sold on him yet...
I wish him and the Rebels success but he needs to toughen up a bit and get kids to play the same way...until then the Love/Hate will continue...:+clueless

They definatly lack leadership, heart and the most important thing killer instanct to put away a game when leading, to get over that hump when charging from behind (last night and the NM game in the conference tourney perfect examples). However these kids are products of the Lon Kruger ERA. Stanback is just a big ole whineass who pouts/hangs his head, Brice has regressed since the start of the season (typical Kruger mentalility). I wont even get started on Bellfeild, good fucking riddance. Wallace is the epitome of what a senior should be, guy has heart, no fear, team player (yea he lacks a bit on D, but the other qualities he possess outweigh that big time and he will be missed imo).

Rice's hardest thing as coach will be to get the Kruger mentality out of the kids who played under him for many many years. I was criticizing Rice the last 10 games myself until i sat and really tried to find the root of the problem, and straight up its the kids on the court and the team leadership from the seniors..

I dont think killer instanct will be an issue comes next season, with the arrival of Katin Reinhardt, Bryce Jones being eligible next season, these 2 have the go getter attitude that will help us win those close games that we are always losing. With Khem Birch clogging up the middle (him and Jones are not eligible till 2nd sememster, early January), Reggie Smith getting another year under his belt. Mosher and Marshall will get even better over the summer. This team will be fun and exciting to watch and will have the heart to make a run.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

soory Tuck, I really thought that UNLV was going to win a few games...MTN West has looked like shit so far :shoot:

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Disappointing season after the hot start, however i wasnt shocked last night when we got off to the slow start and didnt have enough time to fight back. I wasnt a fan of Colorado St anyways, Rebels didnt shock me, NM could easily win a few more games, I rather slit my wrists than root for those thugs from SDSU, hopefully though they can represent our conference going forward though :cheers

newport2

EOG Dedicated

However these kids are products of the Lon Kruger ERA. Stanback is just a big ole whineass who pouts/hangs his head, Brice has regressed since the start of the season (typical Kruger mentalility).

Rice's hardest thing as coach will be to get the Kruger mentality out of the kids who played under him for many many years. I was criticizing Rice the last 10 games myself until i sat and really tried to find the root of the problem, and straight up its the kids on the court and the team leadership from the seniors..

I dont think killer instanct will be an issue comes next season, with the arrival of Katin Reinhardt, Bryce Jones being eligible next season, these 2 have the go getter attitude that will help us win those close games that we are always losing. With Khem Birch clogging up the middle (him and Jones are not eligible till 2nd sememster, early January), Reggie Smith getting another year under his belt. Mosher and Marshall will get even better over the summer. This team will be fun and exciting to watch and will have the heart to make a run.
Blaming anything that happened to this year's Rebel squad on Coach Kruger is asinine. Lonnie Kruger has forgotten more about the game than Dave Rice will ever learn! His coaching pedigree is unmatched. He has been beating Colorado since the early 70s. Fun to watch? How far will that get you? Tuckman, do you even know how to dribble a basketball? LMFAO

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

I really think New Mex will beat Louisville..I don't like Aztecs chances today, bad matchup in my opinion. I also think NC St is the more talented team despite the lower seeding. Heading to the Southpoint to meet up with a couple of EOGers this morning, I'll be there until 2 or 3 this afternoon if you're interested. :scooter

Tuckman

Uh Poster

How far did Kruger get the Rebels? One good season, enough said :shoot:

Tuckman

Uh Poster

I really think New Mex will beat Louisville..I don't like Aztecs chances today, bad matchup in my opinion. I also think NC St is the more talented team despite the lower seeding. Heading to the Southpoint to meet up with a couple of EOGers this morning, I'll be there until 2 or 3 this afternoon if you're interested. :scooter

i will shoot you a text and let you know if i decide to come down

Heim

EOG Master

Vegas thought they would show up and win......that wouldn't have happened under
Kruger.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Vegas thought they would show up and win......that wouldn't have happened under
Kruger.
Are you guys delusional? :shoot:

Lon Kruger is average at best. I didn't know he had such great success in the tourney... oh wait, he didn't.