Guess the line for St Louis and Michigan St

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Guess the line for St Louis and Michigan St

I disagree, don't think Conklin and co. are going to get nearly the looks they got against Memphis and they finally face a team that will be allowed to get away with as physical a brand of basketball as STL does. JMO

Someone besides Mitchell needs to play well tomorrow for St. Louis to win, but I'm just not a huge fan of this Spartans team - in comparison to teams of the past that I blindly tailed in the tournament. Izzo doesn't have a big coaching match-up edge in this game, and the 2nd game of the 1st weekend - because of the quick turnaround - tends to have a pretty limited scouting report and game plan.

Draymond has been such a monster in the tournament these past 2 years that it's tough to bet against the guy, but I'm not as scared of betting against MSU when they're a big favorite.

tripp

EOG Master

Wouldn't want my money against Michigan St at this point. Loved Saint Louis vs Memphis, but Michigan St is a league above. St Louis could keep this close, but Draymond has that "it" factor that won't allow his team to get upset early in this tournament.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Mitchell played god awful, as did St. Louis offensively in general.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Shoot 35% from the field, 28% from 3 and MSU shoots 54% and you lose by 4. :shoot:

J

joeybagadonuts

Would have loved to cash my ML ticket on STL, but will take the point spread victory.

Good call, TH

LCD

People who bet the under in that game must have felt like they were being hit in the head with a baseball bat in slow motion.

SPARTAN MIKE

EOG Enthusiast

Majerus' strategy was to sag off of Appling and make him beat them with jump shots vs. letting him drive to the rim and score or create opportunities for others. Appling, though struggling with his outside shooting this year, knows how to score. He scrored 49 points in the 2010 Michigan Class A State Championship game (breaking a 26 year old record). Nonetheless, his confidence has been shaky for most of this year. Majerus helped him re-gain some of that swagger by chosing not to guard him closely. The result of this strategy was Appling scoring 19 pts on 7-14 shooting (1-3 from long range). Majerus said to Appling, we are going to make you beat us with your jump shot, not with your speed....and that is exactly what he did.