General Why do you think its wrong to have paid Posters

parkcityrep

EOG Senior Member
This is a fuking business, thats like a bar not having bartenders, A forum needs posters, a new forum can use a few people on payroll to spark threads. General thats why you'll always be a #2 type guy and never the guy on top..

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Not looking to be on top for sure. Just looking to get by until the day I get laid to rest. As for paid posters, let's see others views before I respond.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated
General, you'll never be the top dog unless you get an attitude like this jackass - everyone must be broke because it seems like everyone wants something for free - even if it is pennies - get a job you degenerate.

parkcityrep

EOG Senior Member
Seymour said:
General, you'll never be the top dog unless you get an attitude like this jackass - everyone must be broke because it seems like everyone wants something for free - even if it is pennies - get a job you degenerate.
:+clueless :+clueless :+clueless :+clueless you make no sense

CapnHandi

EOG Addicted
I have no problem with paid posters as long as they are identified as such.

There's a big lawsuit going on now with one of those internet dating sites (match.com I think) because they have paid daters. If you're going to hire whores to increase traffic, let everyone know please.
And I'm sure Shrink will hire and identify paid daters for the Bash! :cheers

Half of the people who post on this board should commit suicide. I sware to god there are some really dumb rejects out there. JJ just because General doesen't want to have paid posters you don't have to hate on him. Sucks that Shrink didn't pay you to post eh... all this work all those posts and no luck. Get a fucken life man and you should get a real fucken job because you step in here and start criticizing others. Now i see where all the anger came from... your down and out.. and the only thing that your good at is not profitable anymore. You fucken wish you had a job like General has... sit at home post all day and get paid. Keep on fucken hating.

parkcityrep said:
This is a fuking business, thats like a bar not having bartenders, A forum needs posters, a new forum can use a few people on payroll to spark threads. General thats why you'll always be a #2 type guy and never the guy on top..

But a bar you know who the bartender is he does not party with the customers, I agree if there are paid posters here besides the Moderators I think there names should be given out.

How about to tell that to my face at the bash. This aint no time to prove shit who has more of a life. This is a damn forum and half of the shit posted here is made up. I have argued over the net before and no matter what you post and how well you prove your facts... it never works out.

WHO THE FUCK CARES WHETHER PEOPLE ARE PAID TO POST OR NOT!!! IF U DONT LIKE IT HERE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR JUST COMMIT SUICIDE!!:hung

parkcityrep said:

Guess who's back..back..back again....shady is back....celebrate....guess who's back....back again......

come out, come out wherever you are!:cheers

parkcityrep

EOG Senior Member
coconutman said:
How about to tell that to my face at the bash. This aint no time to prove shit who has more of a life. This is a damn forum and half of the shit posted here is made up. I have argued over the net before and no matter what you post and how well you prove your facts... it never works out.

cocman your the one that said about get a life. However i do agree thats it is dificult to prove facts over forums

parkcityrep

EOG Senior Member
this sucks I used to like you. my roomate is the head bartender at the W hotel and i was gonna invite you to party and do blast in private lounges with rich new york chicks and us

parkcityrep said:
this sucks I used to like you. my roomate is the head bartender at the W hotel and i was gonna invite you to party and do blast in private lounges with rich new york chicks and us

Got some more stories? I need to put my sister to sleep.

:smoke

I have no problem at all with paid posters. The only thing I don't like is when General comes to the forum and says that Ace-Ace was never offered to be paid. General also said that JJGold wasn't paid to post at the RX. He finally had to admit that JJ was paid when JJ posted his Neteller account with the payments.

Pay any poster that you want. Just don't lie about it.

RPM

EOG Veteran
moderators are basically paid posters that have an edit button in case somebody gets way out of hand so i really don't see a difference.

I am not a fan of paid posters for many reasons.

One reason is because of what it is saying - ie. That the regular posters are too stupid or do not care enough to post a lot or the site is so uninteresting that nobody posts.

From a strategic perspective, it is a lose-lose situation. Paying posters means that the "company line" will always be the loudest. That will have a negative impact on all who would be considered "respected" posters as well as the inclination of people to post dissenting opinions.

When people are disinclined to post a dissenting opinion they usually move on to a place where they feel comfortable.

Look what happened to BW, MW and possibly starting to happen to the RX.

Do you really want to lose the voices of dissenters and respected posters for a jump in hits today?

This is a different world than what existed a few years ago. There are no short-cuts. There is a great deal of competition. Hand in hand with the rise in competition is the overall lowering of quality.

Check your business history. What happens when industries grow fast? When shakeouts occur, who survives and why?

Then again, the most important factor is what you view as your role with this site - ie. Is this something you plan on doing for a while or are you in it to make a quick killing and move on.

If the former then some deep thought is required, if the later - why waste your time asking the question?

Good Luck,
Joe

Joe said:
I am not a fan of paid posters for many reasons.

One reason is because of what it is saying - ie. That the regular posters are too stupid or do not care enough to post a lot or the site is so uninteresting that nobody posts.

From a strategic perspective, it is a lose-lose situation. Paying posters means that the "company line" will always be the loudest. That will have a negative impact on all who would be considered "respected" posters as well as the inclination of people to post dissenting opinions.

When people are disinclined to post a dissenting opinion they usually move on to a place where they feel comfortable.

Look what happened to BW, MW and possibly starting to happen to the RX.

Do you really want to lose the voices of dissenters and respected posters for a jump in hits today?

This is a different world than what existed a few years ago. There are no short-cuts. There is a great deal of competition. Hand in hand with the rise in competition is the overall lowering of quality.

Check your business history. What happens when industries grow fast? When shakeouts occur, who survives and why?

Then again, the most important factor is what you view as your role with this site - ie. Is this something you plan on doing for a while or are you in it to make a quick killing and move on.

If the former then some deep thought is required, if the later - why waste your time asking the question?

Good Luck,
Joe

Very well said Joe..........and if you are going to pay posters pay this type!

cmogly

EOG Enthusiast
jjgold was paid to post here? I hope he took the money and got himself an English tutor.

Paying posters is cool. It's a BUSINESS. If it helps the bottom line then go for it. I'd only pay guys you could trust to keep it on the downlow. For some loser to post Neteller transactions proving he was paid to post on a forum... that's about as low as it gets, and really, he should consider suicide because he clearly has no life.

Then loser #2, leveraging himself with the EOG gig to get paid at another site.

I guess it's a no-win situation, because really, let's face it... the only people you would pay to post are losers and they will inevitably go sketchy on you.

raiders72001 said:
Pay any poster that you want. Just don't lie about it.

I totally agree!

EOG is great and I can't see that hiring a few sharp pens would improve the site very much. There are several "read worthy" posters here.

Paying posters really cuts into the already thin shread of credibility that exists in the online world.

I feel that it is dishonest and should have never been an EOG practice.