Suggestion box

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
The Shrink,

As a suggestion I am going to throw this idea out there and see if there is any interest.

I know there are a lot of good handicappers on this site. But the problem for me is, I don't have any long term track records for any of them. The reason I have been sucked into Northcoast is because they advertise that they are monitored and I can see that if I had been playing with them in the preseason over the last 12 years, I'd have netted XX units (which never seems to work because those cocksuckers have just buried me over the years). Additionally, trying to follow another member's picks is almost impossible because that member might make a pick that he posts in the NBA forum and you'd never see it because you have been looking for his picks in the NFL forum. Then you see that you missed out on a W and you screwed if he starts on a hot streak because you sit the next play out hoping for an L but rattles off 7 W's in a row.

So here is my suggestion. And I am not sure it is even do-able. But I will throw it out there.

An EOG member registers and gets to make picks on the handicapping forum. EOG has software that gets the lines and the member makes picks against those lines. Then, if another member sees that Member XYZ has been monitored by EOG for the last 4 years and Member XYZ is up XX units over that 4 year period (in other words, impressed with the record), the member can elect to get an e-mail alert everytime Member XYZ posts a pick. Perhaps there would be some rule such that all picks must be posted at least XX hours before the event starts or something so that following members would have time to check e-mails, etc.

It is just a suggestion and for all I know it might cost a fortune to implement. But it is a feature I think I would appreciate.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
There is software available to do such and it has been considered, but there are drawbacks.

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
I like to think that I can handicap, though my bankroll doesn't reflect it this season. If I can see that following XYZ Member's picks has historically netted an average of X units per year, that is something I am interested in taking a chance on just to add a few more units of profit for the year.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted
"There is software available to do such and it has been considered, but there are drawbacks."

Like the fact that 95%+ would be losing $$.

Scotty S

EOG Addicted
I have a site www.wiseguys.com that's a perfect fit for this. Users bet against real time LV odds, we display pending wagers for all to see. We grade finals and keep accounts up to date. I offered my site for free to EOG for all their touts and handicappers to use but was told no interest.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
really; i think ya gotta make your own line; do your own capping; and...

TRY to share not only your picks, but also show the reasoning behind your wagers...

also; if ya spend the time; you'll know who's blowin' smoke; and who's tha man..

that being said:

just bet blacklab and fili

you'll do ok

and shrink knows his caa hoops

jmho

gl

:+signs9-1

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
jwunderdog said:
"There is software available to do such and it has been considered, but there are drawbacks."

Like the fact that 95%+ would be losing $$.

Yeah, that is a problem. Posters come in and make wagers but after they get down, they will just re-register and start over with another name. So many losers who want to be portrayed as winners. No shame in losing at all, but many don't feel the same.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
BWE, First off you have to think rational. Phil Steele is a fraud. Lose your conspiracy thoughts. People that sell picks are hustlers. They have to be as what they are selling is worthless picks but have to convince you they are gold.

Try to pick out teams that you feel are ready to take off or a team that is overachieving. Example: Vikings. Do you think they will finish 11-5? Hell no should be your answer. Bet against them until they lose one.

Cut down on your plays. Maybe make 2 plays for Sun. Your goal is to win. Stop betting a large number of games as you have no plan and are just gambling.