Roethlisberger admits: 'I don't think I got in'

dirty

EOG Master
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>FOXSports.com
<!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content=""--><!-- meta name="source" content="FS"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content=""--><!-- meta name="modDate" content="February 7, 2006 21:22:43 GMT"-->Posted: 4 hours ago<SCRIPT> // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none'; </SCRIPT> </TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD align=right><!--this is for sponsorships or brandings--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- workingCategoryId: 5--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD width=440><!-- search:</noindex> --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msnfantasy.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>Before David Letterman got to shave Ben Roethlisberger's beard Monday night, he got the Steelers' Super Bowl-winning quarterback to admit a little something that might rankle Seahawks fans even more.

Roethlisberger told Letterman that he didn't think he scored on a controversial play in the second quarter that put the Steelers ahead for good 7-3. Roethlisberger dove toward the end zone but didn't appear to get the ball to touch the goal line. But officials on the field signaled touchdown.
"I told Coach, 'I don't think I got in,'" Roethlisberger told Letterman. "But we were getting ready to go for it on fourth down anyway, and I would have run it again. So we would have found a way to get in."
The play infuriated Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren and has provided Seattle fans plenty of fodder for their fury over the game's questionable calls.
Referee Bill Leavy upheld the call after a replay review, and Holmgren then upbraided Leavy on his way off the field at halftime.
Holmgren walked over to Leavy, a fifth-year referee calling his first Super Bowl, and could be seen angrily telling him, "It wasn't even close."
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=225 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=caption>Host David Letterman (left) shaves Steelers' QB Ben Roethlisberger on the set of The Late Show with David Letterman. (AP Photo/CBS, J.P. Filo / Associated Press)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Later on his Late Show appearance, the Pittsburgh quarterback got a shave from Letterman, finally ridding himself of the scraggly light brown facial hair he's been growing since the Steelers lost to Cincinnati in October.
"I was so mad that we lost the game," Roethlisberger told Letterman. "I kind of went into a depression and didn't shave and we ended up winning the next game. And I am kind of superstitious ? just a little bit to people who know me ? but we won that game and I said I am just going to keep it going until we lose and we kept it going.
"I don't really like the beard you know. But we were winning so I had to keep it going."
Letterman's deadpan reply, "Really? Honestly, I think it looks like a million bucks."
Roethlisberger became the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, when the Steelers defeated the Seattle Seahawks 21-10 on Sunday night. He passed for 123 yards and ran for a touchdown.
"The worst part about winning the AFC championship game was that I had to keep (the beard) for two more weeks," he said. "I didn't want to do that."
After the interview, Letterman asked a woman from Pittsburgh who was in the audience to help him shave Roethlisberger. "You want to take a little off?" Letterman asked the Steelers' fans.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This NFL season was horrible imo. It wasn't pure at all... really not looking forward to 2006-07 season. Knowing that Packers will blow so will the Jets, all i got to look forward to are the Giants.

Hey JOHNNY it was just a joke!!! But he was in according to the ruling on the field and video. I didn't see him disputing it on the field!!!

So I'm not a moron!! I'm right!!!! :+excited-

Keep chewing on them sour grapes!!!MY MAY'N!!!:D

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
BTW, I though he was in and the video I seen was inconclusive at least which cannot result in a reversal.

I still can't believe that JOHNNY called me a moron for that comment. I've said alot of chit dumber than that! I guess it was just piling up!! MAY'N!!:D

Johnny Handsome

EOG Enthusiast
TONY MONTANA said:
I still can't believe that JOHNNY called me a moron for that comment. I've said alot of chit dumber than that! I guess it was just piling up!! MAY'N!!:D

Tony, don't be offended. I think everyone is a moron. Your not special.