Would you like to be a paid handicapper at EOG.com?

MadCapper<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_150932", true); </SCRIPT> ..........YES! HE IS FINE!!! HIS VOICE IS A LIL FUNNY....
HES WRESTLING IN THE ELEMENTARY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS SAT AT MOUNTAINEER RACETRACK AND GAMING RESORT!!:+thumbs-2

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
aceduecetrey said:
My advice would be only pay if they win or have very in-depth writeups.

Great writeups that arent copied from elsewhere are always a plus. Even if it loses, it at least gives people an in depth opinion on a side or total.

I would love to let me get on the winning streak first.

Off topic General can you make my name appear as BreakTheBank with capital letter as such?

SHAWN GOTTI said:
WRITE UPS ARE NOT REALLY THAT IMPORTANT! ITS ABOUT WINNING AND $$$!!!!

Writeups are important because they give the viewer a little bit of insight into why the pick was selected. I didn't feel comfortable just riding the coattails of the hottest poster and writeups were a big part of my development as a handicapper. Of course, winning picks do the job but you may as well learn to handicap the games yourself at some point. That's my thought anyway.

SHAWN GOTTI said:
WRITE UPS ARE NOT REALLY THAT IMPORTANT! ITS ABOUT WINNING AND $$$!!!!

I agree. Its all about $$$$$$$$. Writeups just help the loser feel like he gets something for his money

GL and God Bless

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
i don't post writeups..if someone wants to know why I like a game, or something like that, I would happily answer...alot of the guys whos picks I respect (Panther, Kodiak, Action, railbird, M.C.) dont do writeups

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Lawrence,

So true. Results speak.

But I do have writeups that I do on my own. I dont post them. But if anyone needs a reason for my play I always share them.

Write-ups mean alittle however keeping a record does. Anyone who doesn't keep a record can't be going around the net claiming how sharp they are.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Lawrence said:
i don't post writeups..if someone wants to know why I like a game, or something like that, I would happily answer...alot of the guys whos picks I respect (Panther, Kodiak, Action, railbird, M.C.) dont do writeups

Let me tell ya Lawrnece/everyone all writeups are good for.........

When somebody likes one side & wants to wager it, but then they stumble across some guy who has THE OTHER SIDE and a writeup explaining why he likes the other side, it sometimes changes peoples minds and they go against their original decison or bet. Well, you know what happens then if they lose the wager......... "Damnit, I knew I should of played the other team like I wanted to in the first place?" LOL :)

Keep in mind.......

No matter how good or convincing a writeup is on someone's side or selection.......... I/you can come up with a writeup just as good or better explaining why THE OTHER SIDE will cover........:rolleyes:

AK

"send me a resume"?

WTF good is that?

how about "send me a screenshot of your withdrawals over the past 3 months"?

That would go a lot further in establishing credibility

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
The reason most touts don't do writeups is the words would expose the art and science of the way they pick. Once we know that we don't even need the tout as we can just just follow the style or system. Some touts reasoning for a side or total is pretty feeble as they barely know a few things about the side or total and that would become apparent.

The way we do the picks in the forums makes it incredibly difficult to track. The once a day method with everybody's picks - blends them all in. Loses them in the population - To me the last 5 picks mean nothing but the last 100 do. If the tout has his own personal thread - adds to it once per day - nobody else is in there whatsoever - you can see each and every pick over the last month and evaluate the tout.

There is no tout that is willing to expose himself like this unless he really is a credible tout. Because:

We can break the picks down and profile them.

We can see if there is consistency in the stream of picks.

It would expose touts that don't put the time in with research and just pick.

Let's just say the impossible could happen and the tout would let you ask 10 questions about the pick-what would you ask?

:smoke

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted
I said to only pay if the WIN or Post writeups. I just think it is fair doe someone to get paid and just pick games at random.

If you need write ups you aren't winning. Write ups just give you confidence to go ahead and pull the trigger on a bet when you don't know what you are doing.

Do your research and find out for baseball stats, injuries, weather conditions, ball park better for fly ball or ground ball pitcher. Look at umpire reports and available RP and compare it to how many innings the starter normally goes. Does the pitcher have a slow delivery to the plate and a poor throwing catcher against a speedy team. Look at this stuff instead of some flowery BS write up.

The only thing that can help you is late breaking news or plays from a guy that's a winner.

raiders72001 said:
If you need write ups you aren't winning. Write ups just give you confidence to go ahead and pull the trigger on a bet when you don't know what you are doing.

Do your research and find out for baseball stats, injuries, weather conditions, ball park better for fly ball or ground ball pitcher. Look at umpire reports and available RP and compare it to how many innings the starter normally goes. Does the pitcher have a slow delivery to the plate and a poor throwing catcher against a speedy team. Look at this stuff instead of some flowery BS write up.

The only thing that can help you is late breaking news or plays from a guy that's a winner.

I don't see why you guys all have problems with writeups.

I always just some reasoning with my plays. It saves people from asking "Why?" and also helps some guys who are trying to learn how to handicap themselves. I really don't see a downside to them...

Jake- there's really no downside and it is actually fun to discuss and can help the learning curve as you just mentioned. At the risk of sounding arrogant every write up on these forums is useless to me.

The only thing that's good is getting info before Don Best, finding out a steam play before the move and some injury or player not starting that's not out yet.

raiders72001 said:
Jake- there's really no downside and it is actually fun to discuss and can help the learning curve as you just mentioned. At the risk of sounding arrogant every write up on these forums is useless to me.

The only thing that's good is getting info before Don Best, finding out a steam play before the move and some injury or player not starting that's not out yet.

Every writeup may be useless to you but the guys trailing picks don't have as much knowledge as you do... else they wouldn't be trailing picks in the first place.

When I do a writeup, I don't expect Billy Walters to take a looksie... it's for the newer guys that want to learn.

PS... I hate injuries. More often than not, I like to be on the team with the big injury, after the line moves opposite. I've had more success that way than getting to the game before the big move. I'm not a middler/scalper though so...

Anyway, it's bed time for me.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
GENERAL LETS THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A MINUTE I AM TRYING TO MAKE MONEY GAMBLING NOT ENTERTAIN THE KIDS IN THE EOG.WHY WOULD I POST MY BEST BETS IN AN OPEN FORUM AND HAVE A BUNCH OF DEADBEAT LOSERS ON THE SAME SIDE AS ME JINXING MY PLAYS.I LOVE THESE LOSERS THAT COME RUNNING INTO FORUMS LOOKING FOR ANYBODIES PICKS BUT THERE OWN THESE ARE THE 10 TIME LOSERS WHO HAVE NO CHANCE AT MAKING MONEY ON SPORTS THESE FORUMS ARE FULL OF THEM.I LOVE THESE GUYS WHO WANT TO MAKE YOU MONEY BY GIVING YOU THERE PLAYS IF THEY WERE ANY GOOD AT ALL THEY WOULD BE LIVING IN VEGAS AND MAKING A LIVING NOT HUSTLING DEADBEATS WHO ARE DESPERATE FOR A WINNER.

WELL GENERAL BOTTOM LINE I AM NOT GIVING MY INFORMATION TO A BUNCH OF DEGENERATE, DEADBEAT LOSERS, SO TAKE MY NAME OFF THE LIST:+signs9-1

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
jakethompson said:
Every writeup may be useless to you but the guys trailing picks don't have as much knowledge as you do... else they wouldn't be trailing picks in the first place.

When I do a writeup, I don't expect Billy Walters to take a looksie... it's for the newer guys that want to learn.

But like I mentioned above Jake......

For every writeup one gives on how & why they like one side/team in a wager, I can come up with just as good a writeup explaining why the OTHER SIDE will cover......:)

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Good point about the newbie Jake. I like that way of thinking. I sometimes just keep my mind ignorant of things so I can continue to relate with the most IMPORTANT posters, the new ones.

Beantown, you are supposed to make your wager before posting it. :+wink-2+

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
It is a great day Kelp. I woke up and was able to get outta bed. Looking forward to meeting with my fellow AA members shortly. Gonna stop and pick up some breakfast for the gang.

Take care sir

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
you know; i've gone 14 months without a drink; and it's amazing how much better i feel...

gl

:+thumbs-2