How many wagers a day do you find yourself making?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I find myself with about 1-2 most days. I recall the days of betting the board, but that always ended bad for me. :hung

CapnHandi

EOG Addicted
1-2 shows a lot of discipline, General.

I used to bet many more games but now 3-5 most days.

More on weekends in football season usually.

I think you can win more betting less.

bilbal

EOG Enthusiast
depends on the season...for football season it's usually around 2-3 a week. During the hoops/NHL stretch, maybe 1 or 2 a day. With baseball coming around, 2-3 a day if there's a full slate of games. Rare bets on a boxing match or a NASCAR matchup here and there. I've gotten far more selective over time, like you said, the days of betting the board are long gone.

MCP

2 on the weekdays.. 4 on saturdays, i never have more than one game going at a time either, dont know why, thats just my preference

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted
ATS game wagers 4-5 weekdays, 10-15 Saturdays, halftimes 5-10 weekdays, 30-50 on Saturdays. Kind of glad NCAA regular season Saturdays are coming to an end(way to much like work).

The General

When I started with the local guys I would stay up till I passed out and then get up early on the weekends to try and actually crunch numbers (Stats of all kinds), just using the newspaper in the beginning before I had access to the internet. During the week I would sneak this hobby in at work the best I could and then immediately rush home to get some data before the 6 PM deadline. Many times just using newspaper info. I had my son write data and lines down for me on paper so I could follow the moves. Back then is when I learned that chasing steam was not going to make me money alone either. I would make 20-30 plays on any given Saturday or Sunday if the option was there. 10-15 per night during the week. With March madness coming up I remember betting almost every game during the tourney. What I found to happen most often was watching that BIG MONDAY night CHASE bet, while thinking how much more debt I would occur if this loses. More often than not I PAID on Tuesday's. I do not miss that at all.

BigDaddy

EOG Master
The General said:
When I started with the local guys I would stay up till I passed out and then get up early on the weekends to try and actually crunch numbers (Stats of all kinds), just using the newspaper in the beginning before I had access to the internet. During the week I would sneak this hobby in at work the best I could and then immediately rush home to get some data before the 6 PM deadline. Many times just using newspaper info. I had my son write data and lines down for me on paper so I could follow the moves. Back then is when I learned that chasing steam was not going to make me money alone either. I would make 20-30 plays on any given Saturday or Sunday if the option was there. 10-15 per night during the week. With March madness coming up I remember betting almost every game during the tourney. What I found to happen most often was watching that BIG MONDAY night CHASE bet, while thinking how much more debt I would occur if this loses. More often than not I PAID on Tuesday's. I do not miss that at all.

I remember those days General i was a walking Zombie played way to many games always seemed to be paying the guy on Tuesday only good thing about it he bought lunch every week:D

1-2 plays
sometimes 3

The General

Yeah BD, the ol bookie would always take my dime(s) and then buy me a couple beers to make me feel better. :rolleyes:

degenerategambler

EOG Enthusiast
The General said:

General, you were a real degenerate....:D Its nice to see you have it under control now, and hopefully even making a little money..:cheers

rainbow

EOG Master
The General said:
I can remember those days, I can't count how many Monday's I would call all the neighborhood Bookies to see who the SQUARES were betting on the Monday night game, so I could bet the OPPOSITE side.

The General

I'm lucky I didn't lose everything. It all turned for the better after finding these boards and paying Attention; With to this day seeking to understand and learn more daily. Still so much to learn. You got to want it.

usually 1 or 3, and sometimes 5.

I never bet 4 games anymore...EVER.

It's a wierd thing I have where I believe that it's more profitable to only bet three games because if you go 2-1 you still have a good day but if you bet 4 games, you have to win 3 of 4 just to be profitable.

So, if you bet 4 games a day, you have to hit 75% of them to be profitable. You really don't, as you won't win the same number of games EACH time you bet, however I'm a day by day guy and I HATE TO LOSE.

Having one losing day makes me mad as hell. I could win 30 days in a row and if I lose on day 31 I'm not going to get over it for a couple of days.

It really sucks, becuase I NEVER go even remotely that long without losing. I mean, 3 days tops, maybe 4 if I'm EXTREMELY lucky, but usually one, maybe two. And don't forget that 0-10 stretch I just had.

Talk about being grumpy. I don't even care about the money. It's nice to have extra money but knowing I can beat the curve is why I wager.

Ussualy 1, maybe 2 on the good day after doing havy cappings, or taking Shrinks picks. Then on the weekend especialy I lay back and watch any game I can to see the value to get on it at the half. Works for me. So I'm ussualy riding one game and then a couple value halfs that I wasn't planing to play, so maybe total 2-3 wagers a night, but mostly 1 when other opportunity doesn't present it self.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
..14 to 37 has been my daily range of bets for last two weeks;

why have cash in accounts and not wager it???

lol

gl

i am a degenerate; but enjoy the hades outta it...

gl

:cocktail

About.....
1=5-6 days a week
2=1-2 days a week.

I think if you're in this to make money as well have fun, you gotta go with a POD and once in a blue moon a second strong opinion, especially on basketball and football Saturdays.

Otherwise, all those 2-2 and 3-3 nights that seem harmless add up to a lot of juice, even if you play at Pinnacle ;).

The General

I have really backed off this week and taken a break on wagers. I do not crave it either. That is a good thing IMO.

I like the shotgun approach during NBA season betting sides on approximately half of the games. Add to that 2-3 NHL picks and you get a appealing coctail.

The NFL season is calmer betting maybe 2-4 games a week.

Aristotle

EOG Addicted
shortbus said:
usually 1 or 3, and sometimes 5.

I never bet 4 games anymore...EVER.

It's a wierd thing I have where I believe that it's more profitable to only bet three games because if you go 2-1 you still have a good day but if you bet 4 games, you have to win 3 of 4 just to be profitable.

So, if you bet 4 games a day, you have to hit 75% of them to be profitable. You really don't, as you won't win the same number of games EACH time you bet, however I'm a day by day guy and I HATE TO LOSE.

I'm exactly the same way...1, 3, 5, sometimes 7. Always an odd number though.

Sr Muny

EOG Enthusiast
The General said:
I find myself with about 1-2 most days. I recall the days of betting the board, but that always ended bad for me. :hung

MOST days to MANY. Thing is I find myself BETTIN games for the SOLE purpose they are TELIVISED. A BIG NO NO.

If I was more DISCIPLINED, I would not have to work the 8 to 4. But hey it's the NAME of the GAME for me.

Gotta have the ACTION.

NOTE TO SELF: BET less.