Bagwell might be finished

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Houston Astros first baseman Jeff Bagwell said yesterday he will start the season on the disabled list and isn't sure if he'll return this year.

"I may never play again," he said. "It's been 15 years with the Astros. I have to do what's best for me, what's best for the Astros and best for baseball."

The 37-year-old Bagwell, perhaps the most popular player in franchise history, spent the spring in a contentious battle with the team while he tried to prove he could still play despite a chronic shoulder injury.

"I came down to spring training to see if I could still make it as a first baseman with the Astros," he said. "There were times in the off-season where I felt like I could do this. But with the condition of my shoulder, I'm not going to be able to start the season with the Astros."

The Astros filed an insurance claim in January to recoup about $15.6 million US of the $17 million Bagwell is guaranteed this season in the final year of his contract, arguing he is too hurt to play. For now he is on the 15-day disabled list. He must stay on the injured list all season for the Astros to collect their money.

http://winnipegsun.com/Sports/Baseball/2006/03/26/1505792-sun.html

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Last live game I went to was Houston vs Reds in Cincy and the killer B's were playing. I can't remember who won. To many beers and I was pissied when they cut us off in the 7th inning.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated
last g i saw in cinti was (about 18 years ago; pete rose was manager and he got kicked out for "touching" first base ump; after delayed safe call allowed winning run to score from second on infield grounder...

no use going; if peter hustle ain't involved

jmho

gl

:smoke