SETON HALL FIRES ORR

Yup, you were the only one...

In overall record he did ok.

The problem is that he consistently came up small when it counted. This year's tourney is one example.

In the Big East tournament Rutgers saw the job that Pitt had done to stymie Seton Hall and followed the same blueprint.

Good coaching on Rutgers part? Yes, but in a newspaper article, he detailed exactly what Rutgers was going to do and how they were going to do it.

Seton Hall's response?.... Nothing, they followed their same gameplan and were thumped.

NCAA tournament time... and Witchita State does what?

Seton Hall adjusted their gameplan how?

The final result was?....

(To fill in the blanks, Witchita State did exactly what Pitt and Rutgers had done, Seton Hall did not adjust their gameplan at all).

pags11

EOG Dedicated
kelp, looks as though I'm currently 4th...that Memphis loss hurt me pretty bad...need Florida to come through tommorrow...thanks and GL buddy...

pags11

EOG Dedicated
I agree that their last two losses were brutal...I didn't think they were all that talented other than Whitney and Copeland (maybe he wasn't a great recruiter)...but they did have wins vs. Cincy, at Pitt, at Syracuse, at NC State...seemed to me like he was a good fit...but he had been there for a while and sometimes it's good to make a change...

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Who do they think they are? Notre Dame? Nebraska? LOL I hope they get the living snot beat out of them next year. They don't deserve a coach that can go 18-11 in the Big East.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
There must be a rest of the story going on?

Frank Solich didn't get fired because he only won 9 games and didn't have Nebraska in the top ten in the polls. Didn't get fired for bad recruiting, bad practice coaching,or bad game coaching or bad graduation rates.

Sometimes alumni or administrators can be the biggest detriment to a program. How would you like to have to report to that jerk chancellor in Indiana? Who probably couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag but revels in having the hammer over the coach. So, in addition to everything else a coach has to stroke the chancellor and alumni to keep his job.

dirty

EOG Master
All I know is before this dude (Since PJ)....Seton Hall was Like a Carp.....Bottom Dwellers.....and now he Brought them back to respectability and they Dump him....And sometimes a coach can't change Philosopy as the talent will not let HIm......They are doing what is Best suited for Them.....you cna't make a team do things they can't physically do