Brett Favre To Anounce He Will Play Or Retire Tomorrow (Saturday)

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Man, has it really been that long since I was at a Bucs/Packers game in Tampa and Favre came in to replace injured Green Bay QB Don "The Magic Man" Majkowski?:eek:

You guys think he stays or goes?

Seems if he was staying he would simply tell everyone affiliated with the team instead of calling a news conference over it......

peteep

EOG Addicted
Man I hope he goes. Watching him now you feel sorry for him. Gotta know when to fold em.

Green Bay would have won a minimum of 3 more games last year without him...he cost them 3-5 games single handedly.

Hache Man

Judging by these quotes from him, it sounds as if he's leaving...

"I want to do what's best, obviously, for me and my family," he said. "But regardless of what people might think, I don't want to jeopardize the future of the team. I don't want to do that. I think that the people that know me, including those in the organization, know that."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I had a lot of chances to pull us out of the fire last year and I didn't do it," he said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If I felt like we really could compete for the Super Bowl, I would come back. Or am I coming back just to play and to have fun, and in the process maybe we lose," he said. "Last year was no fun for the fans or for the players, and nobody wants to go through that again."

vegasisstilldead

EOG Member
Something tells me he is coming back.I don't think he wants to end it the way it did last year.. The guy still has the skills, just needs a line and some receivers who can catch the ball.Put him on the Bucs or Giants and they win it all...

vegasisstilldea said:
Something tells me he is coming back.I don't think he wants to end it the way it did last year.. The guy still has the skills, just needs a line and some receivers who can catch the ball.Put him on the Bucs or Giants and they win it all...

LOL...

That Oline is VERY good. They made 1000 yard rushers out of any running back they throw in that backfield.

Green Bay's defense played extremely well...it was Favre that was the weak link on that team. He cost them several games with his interceptions and forced throws. Look at his INTs last year. He not only threw picks, he threw them in key spots on the field and at key times in games. He was brutal.

Hache Man

vegasisstilldead said:

I also believe he still has something left, and he was just so used to those dominant seasons Green Bay had years ago, that he has tried to carry much of the load himself with these lesser talented teams....

The Devil said:
Hope he retires.......His skills are fading fast.....

He throws into triple coverage. Its like he throws it up for grabs. Great QB but time to go. If I lived in GB I would hope he retires. Better chance at winning.

GL and God Bless

I think he can still get it done guys. Injuries devastated the packers last year. They were down to 6th string RB. Sure he made some bad passes, made some bad interceptions, But if he had someone to hand the ball off to, that would have took some of the 800lbs gorilla off his back. I say if he comes back and annouces this is his last year. The team will rise to the occasionk, practice a little harder, get a little more motivated. They would go to the playoffs for sure.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
I hope he retires from the Pack, then gets picked up by another team mid-season and takes them all the way to the Super Bowl. Now, that's my hope...I don't think it will happen.

ps. to The Devil: 20 years ago this week, they said the same thing about Jack Nicklaus

Hache Man

Announcement was supposed to come at 8:30 AM Eastern this morning.

Anyone heard anything.......?

Hache Man

Hache Man

He's on live now.......

Now he says that he hasn't made up his mind..........:+signs8-7

The Devil

EOG Master
pioneer said:
I hope he retires from the Pack, then gets picked up by another team mid-season and takes them all the way to the Super Bowl. Now, that's my hope...I don't think it will happen.

ps. to The Devil: 20 years ago this week, they said the same thing about Jack Nicklaus

Very true Pioneer.......But Nicklaus didn't have 300 pounders chasing him when he was putting..............LOL

Superman

EOG Senior Member
Hache Man said:

He had a press conference today to say "I don't know". Seriously

So he still doesn't know. :+signs8-7 make up your mind

Who in their right damn mind would schedule a press conference and not say yes or no?..he should just step aside and let Rogers have the reins.