Clip Joint (0-0 +0 units) - 5 plays today

First day of posting plays. Not sure how long I will last as this can be a bit time consuming. Win or lose, I doubt I will be posting daily but will try and post plays periodically.

All lines are from Pinnacle.

All plays are 5 units:

LA DODGERS +127
WASHINGTON +106
ST. LOUIS -1.5 +130
PHILADELPHIA -106
CHICAGO WHITE SOX +116

Good luck!

Ego74 said:
GL Today Clip :cheers Good to see you posting these!!!

Thanks man...good luck to you too.

The only problem is you have 1 total that I didn't play...your 2 sides are opposite my picks. LOL

That may be good news for you! :cheers

MadCapper said:
gl clip!

with you on 2.5 and against you on 1.

lets hit these bad boys.

Thanks. Good luck to you too.

Your boy Kobe beat my boys last night...but I'd like to thank you for it. I am hoping we lose out and finish as the 6th seed and get to play Denver instead of having to face San Antonio/Dallas if we finish as the 5th seed.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
True...wish Lakers could face Pho or Den...but wont happen.

Kobe should win MVP for taking a team this bad to the post season/

MadCapper said:
True...wish Lakers could face Pho or Den...but wont happen.

Kobe should win MVP for taking a team this bad to the post season/

I am starting to have that opinion also. Not only taking them to the playoffs, but they have a solid record. 41-37 would have them as a 5 seed in the East.

Everyone keeps saying he shouldn't win it because his team isn't winning enough. WTF??? They are 4 games over .500 now.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Exactly 41-37.

In east 5th seed and maybe even higher if they played Clevelands schedule, theyd be a 4th seed:) Might win division in Atlantic with that joke of a division schedule.

He took probably the worst roster in the league top to bottom and brought them to the playoffs, avergaing a sick 35.2 points per game.

Put Nash or Billups with a starting 5 of Cook, Kwame, Smush, and Odom with Walton, George, Green, Turiaf, Vujicic coming off the bench and tell me what their record would be!

knewdle

EOG Member
GL Clip w/ you on the Sox (Tigers can't be THAT good, can they?) and the Cards ML (home opener, they'll make up for being swept)

:cheers

knewdle said:
GL Clip w/ you on the Sox (Tigers can't be THAT good, can they?) and the Cards ML (home opener, they'll make up for being swept)

Thanks man...good luck to you too.

I have a general rule that I normally follow that has worked well to this point:

Fade the previous season's World Series champs because the lines are so inflated.

That has worked...but I believe the White Sox at + money against a team playing above their talent is too good to pass up.

MadCapper said:
Clip,

Tigers are a very big play for me.

Gracia lost some velocity.

Not a big play for me...but I will take a quality team with a quality starter at + money everytime. I feel the Sox can win this game 50% of the time meaning I am getting a lot of value in my opinion.

But good luck with your play. The Tigers are playing great ball.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
I said before the season that Podesdniks injury will hurt White Sox. The dude isnt getting on base. If he doesnt get on base, they dont score.

MadCapper said:
I said before the season that Podesdniks injury will hurt White Sox. The dude isnt getting on base. If he doesnt get on base, they dont score.

Still plenty of pop in that lineup in my opinion...they definitely aren't as good offensively without him on base and making noise on the basepaths...but they still have plenty of HR power to play American League style baseball.

MadCapper said:
Game starts soon.

One of us will be upset at with the outcome :(

Nah bro...it is only one game of several hundred over the course of a season. Win or lose...it is just another play.

Good luck!

Clip Joint said:
Still plenty of pop in that lineup in my opinion...they definitely aren't as good offensively without him on base and making noise on the basepaths...but they still have plenty of HR power to play American League style baseball.

Pods has not been on base yet today but fortunately for me the Sox have 2 2-run homers accounting for the 4-2 lead in the 6th.

handiman said:
Good luck on the picks Clipper. :+cool-1+

Thanks handiman...looking good so far.

It would be nice to cash these 2 early games that are leading late:

LA up 7-0 in the 6th...
White Sox up 5-3 in the 9th...

Washington down 1-3 in the 5th but we have bases loaded and no outs...

The beauty of playing all + money lines though is a 50% day would be very profitable.

A nice win on the White Sox with all 5 RBIs coming off the 3 HRs hit. They must have read what I said about them having plenty of HR pop even without Podsednick getting on base. He went 0-fer again but the big boys provided the offense.

1-0 +5.8 UNITS with 4 plays pending...

All plays are 5 units:

LA DODGERS +127
WASHINGTON +106
ST. LOUIS -1.5 +130
PHILADELPHIA -106
CHICAGO WHITE SOX +116 (WINNER)

Adding:

5 units: ST. LOUIS -177 (Pinnacle)

I normally stay away from eating this kind of chalk, but feel there is plenty of value even with this line in the Cards home opener with Mulder.

Dodgers cash with an easy 5-run winner. A nice start to the day.

2-0 +12.15 UNITS with 4 plays pending...

All plays are 5 units:

LA DODGERS +127 (WINNER)
WASHINGTON +106
ST. LOUIS -1.5 +130
PHILADELPHIA -106
ADDED: ST. LOUIS -177

2-1 +7.15 UNITS with 3 plays pending...

All plays are 5 units:

LA DODGERS +127 (WINNER)
WASHINGTON +106 (LOSER)
ST. LOUIS -1.5 +130
PHILADELPHIA -106
ADDED: ST. LOUIS -177

---------

St. Louis left the bases loaded in the 1st...
St. Louis left runners on 1st and 2nd in the 2nd...
St. Louis left runners on 2nd and 3rd in the 4th...

Too many runners left on could spell trouble. They have stranded 7 runners through 4 innings.

Fortunately, we have a 4-2 lead nonetheless.<!-- / message -->

4-1 +18.65 UNITS with 1 play pending...

All plays are 5 units:

LA DODGERS +127 (WINNER)
WASHINGTON +106 (LOSER)
ST. LOUIS -1.5 +130 (WINNER)
PHILADELPHIA -106
ADDED: ST. LOUIS -177 (WINNER)

Cards bullpen tried to blow the run line play by giving up 2 in the 9th and putting runners on 1st and 2nd...but we survived.

Solid day at the office fellas...:cheers

mofome

Banned
great start

but if all the plays are 5 units, arent they really just 1 unit? or it just so happens that 6 plays, all of your plays, in one day are all, exactly, in your 5 unit range. im sure u didnt happen to just play 5X your average play on every one of 6 plays all in one day. with nothing else, no variance. let me know

:+clueless

great start regardless. hope philly comes in for u. just wondering. see how people can ask without bashing all day?

mofome said:
great start regardless. hope philly comes in for u. just wondering. see how people can ask without bashing all day?

I like the edit...went from trying to be a smart ass to new and improved...LOL

All of my plays will be 5 units. I don't have any plays that are 10 times stronger than another (10 units compared to 1).

I dished out 5 dimes a game today as well so the 5 unit mark fit nicely. It was nice to get the early games so the late games don't make or break the day.

As far as bashing, I have never (and would never) bash anyone's picks. But I will always call out anyone who lies about or pads their record/units.

Good luck to you as well as I see you are on Philly too. Not looking good for either of us.

mofome

Banned
yeah well i just read it and it came out a little more harsh sounding than i had intended in the first place. so i wanted to clear that up...not as if my opinion changed in 5 minutes, lol.

but if all plays are 5 units, isnt that really a 1 unit play? i figured 1 unit = your average play as it does for bucsfan and most others. so your tracked units, with a winning record, will be inflated compared to most others it seems. Uve already played more games ranked over 4 units than bucsfan or myself in 6 plays than we have in a total of about 70 plays.

just was interested in your system and what makes this a 5 unit play if there is never a 1 unit pay.

gl to you. Utley just scored for us!!

myers is leaving the ball up tho...not good. but we have already gotten into that powerful ATL pen, which has to be a good thing. Sucks that ur only loss so far, came on a blown save.

gl to u

The amount of units played will even out also because I play far less plays than most. I will likely have less units played than either of you when the season ends.

Today was a big day for me. There are days when I won't have any plays and many days where I only have one play.

Most people have either a 1-5 unit system or in your case, a 1-10 unit system. I don't vary bet sizes/units. For me, any play that I play is my strong plays. Otherwise I wouldn't be betting it. I don't have any plays that I bet for 10-20% of any of the other plays...I unload anytime I see value.

Let's cash that Phils ticket.

mofome

Banned
sounds great clip!! wish u a great season, philly has a ton of talent in the lineup, not sure why they are having so much trouble scoring this season. Would suck to see the Braves pen step up for the first time this season and have it be tonight.

gl to u! lets hope for a late inning rally!

4-2 +13.35 UNITS

All plays are 5 units:

LA DODGERS +127 (WINNER)
WASHINGTON +106 (LOSER)
ST. LOUIS -1.5 +130 (WINNER)
PHILADELPHIA -106 (LOSER)
ADDED: ST. LOUIS -177 (WINNER)

A solid day overall...really would have liked to grab that last one on Philly. After looking at tomorrow's card, I will more than likely only have one play. If I decide not to play it, I won't have a play for Tuesday.

knewdle said:
Congrats on a nice day, Clip:+signs8-3 I went 2 for 2.

Hope you continue to list your picks.

If you went 2-for-2...congratulations to you! You had a better day than me.

:+thumbs-2

The great thing about playing mainly + money lines is .500 is a nice profit, but anytime you hit more than 50% you feel good. You rarely get hit hard on losing days without eating chalk.