WHy isnt every stadium in baseball have a retractable roof??

PO69

EOG Master
Of course I am talking about the newer stadiums built within the last 20 years. But is not simply STUPID not to build a stadium these days if you dont have a retractable roof! Look at this week for a PRIME reason why you need the roof.

The Astros play the Giants on Tues, Wed, and Thursday for their only trip to San Fran this season. Well rain has already cancelled the game on Tuesday and Today. This means a double header MIGHT be played tomorrow. Then the teams need to make up the other game some other day this season.

What if it rains tomorrow??? I means this is just stupid to not have a roof. Cancelling a sporting event due to weather is just bad business. What about the families that traveled 5-10 hours just to see a game and it is cancelled due to rain????

San Fran has a new ballpark as well!! NO reason not to have a roof!!!

I have season tickets for the Astros and I KNOW that they will never cancel a game, barring a hurricane or tragedy! It helps your teams pitchers as well. What do you guys think?

It makes TOO MUCH damn sense doesn't it??

The NEW Busch stadium doesn't have a retractable roof either, right? I'd be more likely to go to a game if I knew it wouldn't be rained out, since I live 3 hours away from a ballpark

Would be a pain in the ass to head out to the stadium for a Sunday game, especially if you have to work on Monday. Get all the way there, sit thru a rain delay, game is eventually postponed.

Then drive all the way back home with a stinking raincheck or refund (wasted day)

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
I totally agree Players, I've said this before also.

Absolutely no reason at all that ANY new(er) stadium should not have the retractable roof as you said........

dirty

EOG Master
ONe simple solution....check the weather report and The Radar and if their is a chance a game can be rained out don't make the Trip....Worked for years....Braves hardly ever have a rain out....3 in all the years The Ted has been opened....No need for a roof.....good Drainage and quality Ownership to Build a stadium that can take the water IF it does rain is the way to go....

Hard enough to build Stadiums for 200-300 million much less adding another 100 million for the retractable roof

In rainy weather cities That could be argued.....Realistically after the spring how much does it rain in SF.....The schedule makers are the ones to blame not the Stadiums......

Ego74 said:
It makes TOO MUCH damn sense doesn't it??

The NEW Busch stadium doesn't have a retractable roof either, right? I'd be more likely to go to a game if I knew it wouldn't be rained out, since I live 3 hours away from a ballpark

Would be a pain in the ass to head out to the stadium for a Sunday game, especially if you have to work on Monday. Get all the way there, sit thru a rain delay, game is eventually postponed.

Then drive all the way back home with a stinking raincheck or refund (wasted day)

This is why I only go to football and hockey games. Basketball suks