Scott Eyre is filthy!!!

Giants could really use him in the pen again this year. They would be my odds on favorite in the NL with him and Benitez healthy.

Right now the Giants have no bullpen. Worrell has been perfect as their closer, but that won't last. He is a much better set up man.

mofome

Banned
win the NL? they start 7 guys or so battin under .200. I think they need a bat, i couldnt see them finishing higher than 4th in either of the other 2 divisions.

just my opinion

mofome said:
win the NL? they start 7 guys or so battin under .200. I think they need a bat, i couldnt see them finishing higher than 4th in either of the other 2 divisions.

just my opinion

I think that shows how solid they are...no one has been hitting (except the top 2...Winn and Vizquel), but they are still winning.

Schmidt hasn't pitched well and he is their #1. All of their offense should come through Bonds and Alou and neither of them have done much.

Yet they are still 8-5 with their closer on the DL.

mofome

Banned
Schimdt isnt throwing as well as he used to and they really dont have much of a pen. I guess they are ok...? I mean i couldnt see them sniffing the playoffs in the Central or east. Schimidt and Cain could be a great 1/2 next year and Morris is a solid 3. with lowry coming off the Dl at some point...they have a nice rotation but the two young guys could battle consistancy.

but their bats will never scare anyone.

its too bad they made one of the worst trades in baseball history, or they would be a legit contender IMO.

still would need another bat tho...

I'll take their offense over anyone else in the West. Winn was unstopable when he came over for the 2nd half last season. Their #1-5 is potent with Bonds in there and constantly on base. Alou could drive in 120 runs if he stays healthy...but that is a big if. They are just too old.

The West sucks so they will get in the playoffs. Having a rotation of Schmidt, Morris, Cain, and Lowry is pretty solid. It is the bullpen that is scary.

mofome

Banned
well thats just silly. take their offense over LADs? come on man

Winn is Winn, thats all. a nice little hitter.

eh fuck it

today is over

no time for this

mofome

Banned
yes the dodgers offense. If u would rather have the Giants offense than i guess u would prefer to have the inferior lineup

Nivarro over Matheny
Nomar over Niekro
Kent over Durham
Furcal over Vizquel
Mueller over Feliz
Bonds over Cruz....
Winn over Lofton
Drew over Alou

so SF wins 2 position at the plate. yes, I would take the Dodgers

SF is a pretty bad team IMO and should score less runs than 90% of the teams in the league. KC/Fla/Wash/ and possibly SD could score less. Fortunately for them, they play in the worst division in sports and could post a sub .500 record and get to the playoffs. But there is no RP that could make this team the best in the NL.
IMO

anyway, eyre is a nice lefty....but not great IMO. I would take embree and marte over him as well.

Yea those Dodgers are dangerous...all 7 runs in the last 5 games.

LOL

You can't count Nomar as he hasn't been healthy in years and even when he is, he is not a productive 1B. He put up great numbers for a SS.

I'll take the Giants combo at 1B of Niekro and Sweeney over the production the Dodgers will get out of 1B.

Kent over Durham for sure.

I'll take Vizquel over Furcal. He is the perfect #2 hitter and does all of the small things needed to hit in that spot. Furcal is not a leadoff hitter and hurts the Dodgers in that position with his inability to take a walk and pathetic OBP. He can have all the speed he wants.

I'll take Feliz over Mueller even though Feliz is my least favorite Giant. He hit .250 with 20 HRs and 81 RBIs last season. Mueller hit .295 with 10 HRs and 62 RBIs while playing in the AL. I'll sacrifice average points any day of the week for power and RBIs at either of the corner positions.

Bonds in a landslide.

Winn in a landslide. He came over from Seattle last year and played in 58 games for the Giants. He hit .359 with 14 HRs and scored 39 runs. Not bad for a leadoff hitter.

Give me Alou over Drew.

I can't see how you would take an injury prone player like Drew that has never had a 100 RBI season over a guy like Alou. Drew had one good season with Atlanta. Other than that he has been mediocre at best. Take a look at Alou's numbers at the end of the season and look at Drew's. It won't even be close and Alou will play less games.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

mofome

Banned
Clip Joint said:
Yea those Dodgers are dangerous...all 7 runs in the last 5 games.

LOL

You can't count Nomar as he hasn't been healthy in years and even when he is, he is not a productive 1B. He put up great numbers for a SS.

I'll take the Giants combo at 1B of Niekro and Sweeney over the production the Dodgers will get out of 1B.

Kent over Durham for sure.

I'll take Vizquel over Furcal. He is the perfect #2 hitter and does all of the small things needed to hit in that spot. Furcal is not a leadoff hitter and hurts the Dodgers in that position with his inability to take a walk and pathetic OBP. He can have all the speed he wants.

I'll take Feliz over Mueller even though Feliz is my least favorite Giant. He hit .250 with 20 HRs and 81 RBIs last season. Mueller hit .295 with 10 HRs and 62 RBIs while playing in the AL. I'll sacrifice average points any day of the week for power and RBIs at either of the corner positions.

Bonds in a landslide.

Winn in a landslide. He came over from Seattle last year and played in 58 games for the Giants. He hit .359 with 14 HRs and scored 39 runs. Not bad for a leadoff hitter.

Give me Alou over Drew.

I can't see how you would take an injury prone player like Drew that has never had a 100 RBI season over a guy like Alou. Drew had one good season with Atlanta. Other than that he has been mediocre at best. Take a look at Alou's numbers at the end of the season and look at Drew's. It won't even be close and Alou will play less games.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

first :"Yea those Dodgers are dangerous...all 7 runs in the last 5 games.
LOL"
you are aware that even with those poor outings, they still have almost 20 more runs than the giants this year LMAO

next: you are taking two guys that would start at 1B for, maybe 3 teams in the league over a man who has a betting title under his belt. fact is, the man can hit and Sweeney and niekro are a joke. Nomar, once healthy, wins easily. I mean really, Niekro? sweeney? these are not starters in MLB.

next: you will take Vizquel over furcal? LOL pardon me while i get back into my seat, almost broke my back laughing. NO ONE in the WORLD would take Omar over Furcal, thats just silly. Vizquel had an OPS more than 80 points lower last year, cant steal nearly as many bases, cant play as many games, wont score as many runs and produces all of these dreadful numbers while batting ahead of actual batters and not pitchers. Furcal, in a much tougher role, out produces Vizquel easily. i cant believe i just listened to someone claim that they would take omar ove Furcal. lol
ps, his "pathetic OBP" was better than Omars last year. so...really...Omar is better at absolutely nothing.

Mueller/Feliz....well the tru messure of a hitter is OPS, at the age of 30, feliz has NEVER topped .793 while Mueller has topped that mark each of the last 3 seasons. in the NL u need to move runners, keep things going and get on base. U give a a pitcher with a one run lead to start of the 9th inning and i will bet the world that he would rather see Feliz up than Mueller. A man with only 40 more hits than Ks and just isnt all the impressive. and...as i dont want to be too hard on u b/c ur a cool guy, from what i know...but u take a look and see who had the higher slugging percentage last year b/w the two. U ahve a better slugging %, batter BA, and better OPS...but Clip would take the other guy. classic

I already gave u winn and bonds....tho bonds may not outproduce Crus this year. Winn isnt as great as u make him out to be, but hes a solid player and had a great season last year.

i will take a look at alou vs Drew at seasons end. U offer JD Drew for Alou to the Giants and ur team has a new RF. Alou is a player i like a lot, but, personally, i would rather have Drew. in 5 of his last 6 season, Drew has produced an OPS over .870, thats impressive hitting, tho in limitted work. Drew also gets on base far more frequently
Drew wins

yes, disagree we will

Nomar has a batting title under his belt...LMAO. Come on bro...I could care less what he did back when he knew how to play baseball.

I was starting to lose a little respect for your baseball knowledge. Quoting fantasy league stats doesn't mean much to me. I'll take guys that fill their role. You can't compare offensive numbers of a leadoff hitter to a guy that hits #2 in the batting order. If you don't understand the difference in their jobs, this conversation is meaningless. Omar's job is not to get on base...that is Furcal's job.

Again...Mueller has a higher OPS. LMAO. That's great. I'll still take some power at 3B with more HRs and more RBIs.

Winn isn't as great as I make him out to be? That's odd...all I did was show his stats.

You live and die with this OPS...you would make a poor handicapper and GM, but a great fantasy league player (maybe). I think the Giants would consider the Drew for Alou trade because of age only. Who would you rather have hitting behind Bonds? JD Drew, or Moises Alou...that is a no brainer. Alou is a guy who drives in runs. JD Drew is a guy that has made his career on having "potential".

I'm done with this...pointless conversation when someone starts using OPS and useless stats that don't compare by their spot in the batting order.

Nomar won a batting title so he is good...LMAO!!!

mofome

Banned
Clip Joint said:
Nomar has a batting title under his belt...LMAO. Come on bro...I could care less what he did back when he knew how to play baseball.

I was starting to lose a little respect for your baseball knowledge. Quoting fantasy league stats doesn't mean much to me. I'll take guys that fill their role. You can't compare offensive numbers of a leadoff hitter to a guy that hits #2 in the batting order. If you don't understand the difference in their jobs, this conversation is meaningless. Omar's job is not to get on base...that is Furcal's job.

Again...Mueller has a higher OPS. LMAO. That's great. I'll still take some power at 3B with more HRs and more RBIs.

Winn isn't as great as I make him out to be? That's odd...all I did was show his stats.

You live and die with this OPS...you would make a poor handicapper and GM, but a great fantasy league player (maybe). I think the Giants would consider the Drew for Alou trade because of age only. Who would you rather have hitting behind Bonds? JD Drew, or Moises Alou...that is a no brainer. Alou is a guy who drives in runs. JD Drew is a guy that has made his career on having "potential".

I'm done with this...pointless conversation when someone starts using OPS and useless stats that don't compare by their spot in the batting order.

Nomar won a batting title so he is good...LMAO!!!

wow bud, i could rip u a knew one if i would like. U laugh about a batting titles, not like the giants even have a majors league 1B, now thats something to laugh ur fucking ass off about...LOL
Niekro!!! one season of .252 ball under his belt and we're taking him over nomar!! LMAOOOOO YES! babe Niekro!

and OMG, quoting anything?? no...stats are stats, ace. starting to lose respect for MY baseball knowledge?? HAAAAAAAAAAAAA well if i had some to lose for u, we may be in the same position. I make points and state facts, and u resort to saying they are "fantasy statistics". unfortunately for you, and your team, these are actually what the players produce on the FIELD, in REAL life. its cool that in YOUR fantasy land Omar "fills his role", but seeing as u are the only one in the world that would rather have vizquel than Furcal, im going to go ahead and chalk that up to homer talk. babble even. Im glad that stats dont mean much to you, i guess that they dont for most giants fans whom try to defend their team. Ur likely big on moral visitories and good club house guys. thats neat :) LMAOOO
and yes, leadoff is harder than batting 2nd. lead off men are protected by one of the worst hitters on the team, a #2s job is to bunt and move the runner, not do anything a actual MLB hitter has to do. again, no GM would take Omar over Furcal, so im going to go ahead and take Furcal as the better offensive player.

wait a minute, now ur fantasy stats count with Winn? HAAAAAAAAAAAAA ur a trip!! this post of yours here should be on a comedy board. "things only matter and stats only matter if i say them. If someone else does then they are fantasy stats" weird, aint it? ur a silly little guy. and yes, u have stated that he was great when he came over to the giants, but not stated the kinda player he has been for 31 years of his life. he is a good MLB player, nothing more. Not likely to see him getting many all star votes, your posts make it look like ur puting him in canton. LOL

poor handicapper and GM? well, OPS doesnt have much to do with capping, but it is the most telling batting statistic, well, to people that know something about baseball. this company that i have noted, excluded clipjoint. Ive never seen a fantasy league that uses OPS, but i will leave that kinda thing to u.
LOL
and GM, well, no GM would take Omar over furcal, but u would...im thinking you would fair miserably. but then again, u have referenced fantasy abseball as some sort of defesnse for your garbage aruments twice already, looks to me like you just dont have the knowledge to back your points. I crap out things with more baseball knowledge than u have, and then i flush those things as im doing with u now. If i am taking either Alou or drew behind bonds? well that means Drew is healthy and obviously i would take drew. then again im not a fan of Sf or the dodgers, i merely would select the better baseball player.

u see, in all actuality, u have just crapped on yourself by saying....
"I'm done with this...pointless conversation when someone starts using OPS and useless stats that don't compare by their spot in the batting order"

i mean really, are u kidding me? people are in the lineup to produce, stats tell the tale, clipjoint. OPS is a statistic that speaks volumes for a player. Odd that Pujols and Arod always lead the league in the catagory, is it not? I can talk about people in the batting order, fact is u dont want a hitter or player as valuable as Furcal batting 2nd. he is a leadoff hitter and causes trouble on the basepaths.

for u to have attempted to belittle any of the FACTS that i have stated speaks volumes for yourself. U cant even talk...ur silly. ur very wrong, less knowledgable about the game, and dont have the ability to talk on a topic without making it an attack.

ur done with it? yeah...ok....well me too.

cya kid
its a shame u had to turn this thread into crap

:hung

Wow...I didn't take the time to read all that. Maybe later I will.

You need to get back on your meds. I am done wasting time with you. I am sure this last post makes as much sense as the 50 units you wager a day...or maybe the "you are the best handicapper in the world" posts...or is it the "you are the worst handicapper in the world that belongs in the dump" today?

Are you bi-polar bro? That is an honest question.

I have you on ignore now because you are a waste of time. I'll let the others deal with your 500 meaningless posts a day about yourself. :cheers

mofome

Banned
lol, thats a post only a threatened little guy would make....

attack me, personal rips...all i did was reply to u. u started with the attacks....u tried to make it personal. and now u "say" u wont read it? and now u may ignore? lol how scarey. i did u a favore by trying to teach u about the game. ive never been anything but kind to u. shows that u cant stand getting worked in an argument that u created. everyone loses sometimes bud. im sure ur a good capper and know more about lines and all ....but i know much more about the game of baseball. thats all

good day....

LOL

its funny when clipsmam can dish it but cant take it.

:+textinbu

ur silly.

:)

ask if im bi-polar? u seem to define it...tho i wouldnt make such accusations ...seeing as im not an e-doctor.