Friday Bases.....(62-68, -2.77 units, ytd...)

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Afternoon guys....i gotta tell ya something, typing that (-) before my units, really left a bad taste in my mouth....Damn
Just felt weird, and i dont like it.....gonna take care of that as soon as possible, hopefully today.....at least i have finally gotten rid of the stomach virus i had, so hopefully this virus on our games, will go away too.....for those that havent followed along before, and have gotten so upset, just a piece of advice, dont play, wait for the slump to end, or fade....dont play along and get more upset....slumps happen...for many of you that im me every day and email me, you know who you are, you are aware of how it works, and have been great.....this is THE FIRST DAY this year, where we can say we havent made money this year......things arent as bad as some make it seem....we wont be having any 10 unit chase plays to catch up, we wont be playing an entire card of 4-5-6 unit games, which makes the value of a "unit" meaningless, if every game is worth multiple, we will just keep to our business, and begin to right the ship....for those that dont play, hope u guy do great yourself, or following a hot capper, i hope u win it all back +++++++......I really do......ok guys, enough of that, i'm ready to go, and feeling good about today....we shall see.....U will notice, we have NO PHILLY, NO SAN DIEGO, AND NO TEXAS on this card today....if i ever see thier bullpens make an out, i might reconsider them another day....and YES, i am going AGAINST my beloved Cubs, for mainly 3 reasons....The Derek Lee injury will really hurt, defensively as much as offensively........without Lee in the lineup, the brunt of the offensive weapons will be Pierre, Walker, and Ramirez, 2 of the 3 are lefties, and afraid Mulder can minimize their effectiveness, and also STLouis will be hungry after the sweep in Chicago a couple weeks back....J Williams has done nicely for the Cubs, but is no ace, therefore i feel this all adds up for a fairly bad opening game for the Cubbies in ST Louis, and therefore i like the (+) money on the runline.....

Good luck, lets get 'em.......

Atlanta (-107).......1 unit

Cincy (+134)........1 unit

St Louis -1.5 (+122)......3 units (fav play)

Colorado (Even)......1 unit

Ariz/LA und 8.5 (-114).......1 unit

Cleveland -1.5 (-127)......2 units

Oakland (-141).......2 units

Detroit (-101)........1 unit

Toronto (+107).......2 units

Most of the games i played, i was able to get the same line at multiple shops this early in the day, however there were a couple where i found a better line just one place, and played it....so just to help out, if you are looking

Cincy (hollywood)

Colorado (BoS)

Oakland (Casc)

Detroit (pinny)

Toronto (BoS)

Last edited:

cookie1313

EOG Member
loyal follower

loyal follower

soon as the bad streak started i lowered my units and am on hold till it stops and when it does, and it will, i have no doubt we will begin another great run. just keep capping just like always and it will work its self out. thanks again from:+whipping steve bailey

billsfan142

EOG Enthusiast
nice i love the cards play and toronto.......im on all of them but really like those 2.......boston isnt hitting good right now and without lee like you said cubs are an average team at best...

real quick do u mean cleveland -1.5, i think you do just want to let you know you had a typo...

bring home the winners

Royalty

EOG Member
With you on the Jays and with the Cards. going to lay off the others tonight although I am on the Brewers.

Go get'em Bucs.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Thanks guys, appreciate it alot....

And yes, the Cleveland game was obviously the runline, i just typed it in wrong......

Superman

EOG Senior Member
:+thumbs-2 Good luck Bucs

Will be happy to not hear the words Philly, Texas, or San Diego for awhile. I think I have a virus from just watching those games go down in flames.

Hope for a winning day today!

Over the course of the six month baseball season we'll see lots of ups and a few downs. We're behind you all the way and appreciate the hard work you put in for all of us "lazy" folks who don't have time to break down all the games. Your past record speaks for itself. Those that jump off now will be sorry.

:cheers

STITCH

EOG Member
GOOD LUCK JUDAS I MEAN BUCS. I HOPE YOU WIN THEM ALL WITH THE DISTINCT EXCEPTION OF YOUR PLAY OF THE DAY. GO CUBS. I HOPE YOU AND EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD REALIZES I'M JUST BUSTING YOUR BALLS FOR TAKING THE EVIL REDBIRDS.

GLTA
STITCH

YOU ARE - UNITS????:+clueless

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
YOU ARE BUCSFAN.....YOU ARE A WINNER!!
WINNING IS WHAT YOU DO!!! DAMNIT, GET YOUR ASS BACK IN GEAR AND START WINNING LIKE THE BUCFAN WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE!

:+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :cheers

chugg

EOG Enthusiast
3 unit plays

3 unit plays

Hey bucs or for anyone else for that matter. Do you know what your record is on the 3 unit plays so far this season? Also, just something funny. The picture on the left was taken last year at the nascar race here in Phoenix. That race is again tomorrow and I will start drinking at 9am. My goal is to get ttally hammered and find that hic guy and get another picture of him and I this year. That guy was sooooo funny.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
chugg said:
Hey bucs or for anyone else for that matter. Do you know what your record is on the 3 unit plays so far this season? Also, just something funny. The picture on the left was taken last year at the nascar race here in Phoenix. That race is again tomorrow and I will start drinking at 9am. My goal is to get ttally hammered and find that hic guy and get another picture of him and I this year. That guy was sooooo funny.

no i dont break them down seperately....i know at one time i believe i was 6-2 in the fav plays...but there have been more since then, and the last 2 have lost....so not exactly sure...but all threads are here in the forum if u want to look them up....

Have fun at the race tomorrow....be safe

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Well I'll be damned.....

As if my luck hasnt been bad enough the last few days.....i take Toronto tonight, cuz i like Burnett, and Boston offense didnt look too good last night, toronto falls behind 3-0, but pulls within a run, in 5th inning, still a ton of time, and what do the Damn Blue jays do to me? They sneak in that g.d. Scott Downs, who i know is a gas can......i would never bet on him....didnt even realize they had put him in the bullpen....may have just been a one time move, but damn, i think they planned it, just to get me.......Those damn Blue Jays...:+angry1-5

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Wow....:surprised:

Downs got 4 outs, and only gave up 1 run.....Thats "cy young" stuff from him......the one run was insurance though, so it hurts.....hes out of the game now though..

billsfan142

EOG Enthusiast
cubs v cards

cubs v cards

turn on wgn that will cheer you up....this j williams could be a downs clone...he is flickin red and blue tips all over the infield

Crum3333

EOG Member
Hey Bucs,

Long time lurker at both places. Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the work you do. I do not have the time to cap games appropriately in bases b/c I have a normal day job (like you do) that doesn't afford the luxury of the time it takes to look at games daily and produce angles for making a play. When it comes to foots, when you have an entre week to look at things, it's a lot easier to break games down and make YOUR OWN selections. That said, I find it difficult to read some of the clowns that come into your threads and start trouble. Chances are, these are folks who have the ablity to study/make their own picks, but decide to follow someone such as yourself b/c it's not easy breaking down a dozen or so games on a daily basis. I know I put a lot into capping football games over an entire week, and genuinely appreciate the work you do in order to post a bases card every night...it can't be easy. I'm in Denver and follow the rox religiously. If you need insite on a rox game, don't hesitate to ask!

Regarding tonight's rox game, it's hard to believe you can get even money on this match up! The rox, over the past several seasons have been a good bet at home in a dog/small fav situation. It is seriously bizzaro year in Colorado in that the Rox can hit on the road but struggle to put up a five spot at home. We'll see. Tonight, I think you might see another bizzaro 9 run or so total on the game. Jennings tends to struggle early and make adjustments. ON the plus side, the rox actually have a really good bullpen this year, and if they get into the 7th with a lead, we're in pretty good shape. At least, much better shape than the bullpens that destroyed our plays the last few days! Thanks again, and good luck! Let's get off the snide tonight!

Crum

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Crum3333 said:
Hey Bucs,

Long time lurker at both places. Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the work you do. I do not have the time to cap games appropriately in bases b/c I have a normal day job (like you do) that doesn't afford the luxury of the time it takes to look at games daily and produce angles for making a play. When it comes to foots, when you have an entre week to look at things, it's a lot easier to break games down and make YOUR OWN selections. That said, I find it difficult to read some of the clowns that come into your threads and start trouble. Chances are, these are folks who have the ablity to study/make their own picks, but decide to follow someone such as yourself b/c it's not easy breaking down a dozen or so games on a daily basis. I know I put a lot into capping football games over an entire week, and genuinely appreciate the work you do in order to post a bases card every night...it can't be easy. I'm in Denver and follow the rox religiously. If you need insite on a rox game, don't hesitate to ask!

Regarding tonight's rox game, it's hard to believe you can get even money on this match up! The rox, over the past several seasons have been a good bet at home in a dog/small fav situation. It is seriously bizzaro year in Colorado in that the Rox can hit on the road but struggle to put up a five spot at home. We'll see. Tonight, I think you might see another bizzaro 9 run or so total on the game. Jennings tends to struggle early and make adjustments. ON the plus side, the rox actually have a really good bullpen this year, and if they get into the 7th with a lead, we're in pretty good shape. At least, much better shape than the bullpens that destroyed our plays the last few days! Thanks again, and good luck! Let's get off the snide tonight!

Crum

thanks Crum, glad you joined us here at EOG...

Dont be a stranger my friend....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
billsfan142 said:
brand new game in toronto.....finally a bully melts down to help us...

Just told someone the exact same thing on IM....

But it ONLY matters if we come back and win it...but sure would be nice to win one like this, to help break the streak.....we deserve one like this, thats FOR SURE...

LOL:+textinbo