Wow, NY Giants Add Lavar Arrington

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
This teams just keeps getting better.......

Giants reach agreement with LB Arrington

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->By John Clayton
ESPN.com

<!-- begin presby2 -->
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div -->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->LaVar Arrington got everything he was hoping for -- a seven-year contract and a chance to stay in the NFC East.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD width=65> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD width=65>[SIZE=-2]Arrington[/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Arrington reached agreement Saturday on a seven-year, $49 million contract with the New York Giants. Further details of the contract weren't available, but the Giants came close to the number he was hoping for. The Giants gave Arrington the chance to compete against the Redskins twice a year.
"He's really elated," said Arrington's agent, Kevin Poston. "He's going to an 11-5 team. He doesn't have to move too far. He gets to play with Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora. He's excited."
Five teams were in the final bidding for Arrington, who paid back $4 million to get out of his Redskins contract. According to Poston, the Packers made a big move in the past couple of days to get something done, but talks with the Giants got serious on Thursday night.
Arrington passed a physical with the Giants on Thursday and talks picked up intensity. Both sides were close to a deal on Friday night.
"Green Bay came in there pretty hard, but he was comfortable with the Giants," Poston said.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MY SON WRESTLED AT NORTH HILLS HIGH SCHOOL EARLIER THIS YEAR. I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THAT LAVARR IS THEIR ALL TIME RUSHING LEADER! JUST CANT IMAGINE HIM AS A RB!

Knee is shot and he didn't fit in Gregg Williams defense in Washington since he freelanced way to much for his liking which is why he isn't playing in Washington anymore.

THE POSTMAN!

EOG Veteran
"uncoachable", he is a free lancer, who half the time runs himself out of the play. Always going for the big hit. Good riddance.

mofome

Banned
The skins made the best moves in the offseason and will be the best team in that division. They had, by far, the biggest pick up of the offseason and also added to the Dline and great additions to the WR position.

mofome said:
The skins made the best moves in the offseason and will be the best team in that division. They had, by far, the biggest pick up of the offseason and also added to the Dline and great additions to the WR position.

All their WR are midget's. I hear Gary Coleman is going to try out for the 4th WR spot and was he going to throw the ball to them since Mark Brunell is a year older and Campbell may not be ready. However that D is gold.

mofome

Banned
perhaps u didnt notice the size of the two starting WRs in the probowl last year for the NFC?

there ya go. nice points and thank u for sharing

:cheers

Brandon Lloyd had 733 yards and averaged 15.3 per catch with a HS Qb and moss was the 2nd best WR in the league. seems ok to me?

mofome said:
perhaps u didnt notice the size of the two starting WRs in the probowl last year for the NFC?

there ya go. nice points and thank u for sharing

Yes both Moss and Smith are amazing that isnt the point but if all 3 of your WR are basically the same size it makes it easier for a Defense to plan for that. It's like having 5 PG's on the floor at the same time sure each point guard is good but it isn't going to work well in a game.

Actually this is an excellent addition to the Giants.

Arrington fills two needs... well, one and one-half... he fills the need at linebacker as well as lessens the need for a pass-rushing defensive lineman.

The problem with Arrington and Washington is that Washington did not have veteran leadership on defense.

Strahan will keep Arrington in line.

Actually, Strahan could have a career year... don't underestimate that incentive for him, this being the twilight of his career.

The problem will be Coughlin and Arrington... Coughlin is a ultra-disciplinarian, but unknown to most has tempered his overzealousness.

Just keep in mind that one of Arrington's prime motivations for choosing the Giants is the opportunity to play Washington twice a year.

Should be a fun season.

mofome

Banned
dmmd98 said:
Yes both Moss and Smith are amazing that isnt the point but if all 3 of your WR are basically the same size it makes it easier for a Defense to plan for that. It's like having 5 PG's on the floor at the same time sure each point guard is good but it isn't going to work well in a game.

thats one of the worst analogies i have ever heard. how are harrison/wayne and stokely working out for the Colts? decently? 5 pgs? that simply makes no sense other than the fact that pgs are not, typically, tall....but as far as comaring the WRS the skins have to players of another sport, you're struggling badly. A good WR is a good WR....thats that. Llyod and moss both make big plays, thats whats tough to gameplan for.
Harrison/wayne are decent to me...holt and Bruce seemed to have gotten the job done....

Harrison and Wayne are two different WR's. Harrison is a hands guy and Wayne is a speed guy plus at the very least neither is under 6 foot (Llyod is listed at 6"0 exactly however). Lloyd hasn't done much in his career and Randle-Ei isn't that good (he isn't worth 4 million a year). Moss is the man however.

Ok how about this how many yards do you think old man Brunell in a Job Gibbs ball control run offense each WR will get. Then at the end of the year i'll bump it up. All 3 WR's for Washington are basically the same type of player short speed WR's and if you can't understand the 5 point guards in a basketball game not being effective as comparions to having 3 short WR's and how it makes a defensives coaches good job to game plan for 3 players who are basically the same will you'll understand the term better in the coming year on Sunday's when the skins will be gone in the wild card game this year.

mofome

Banned
LOL, harrison is a speed guy budddddy. and Lloyd and moss are two different WRs as well. so whats your point? Marvin harrison is not 6', my godfather recruited and aoched him in college....so...???
So we have Moss, a tru #1 Pro Bowl WR, lloyd a very good #2 Wr who hasnt played with a real QB yet and El another young guy who gives u many options. 3 completely different WRs. seems ok?

ahhh....this goes further to show just how much u follow the NFL...Gibbs aint calling th plays next year home boy. Al saunders, best OC in the league, will be doing that job. he, as i maed reference to, was the biggest pick up for Any team this offseason.

the 5 pgs caomparision was so dumb b/c in the league u only start 5 people and starting 5 pgs would mean u would have an actual pg playing the 2 guard, small F, power forward and center. unfortunately for you, this makes no sense b/c the 3 wrs we have now are going to be playing....WIDE RECIEVER....we're not asking them to play Oline, bud. we have 3 good-great wrs playing WR. not 5 pgs with 4 of them playing out of position. understand?

so again, its nice if u think ur points made sense, that makes one person. Holt and Bruce were speed guys? wayne and harrison are certainly speed guys....we have 3 Wrs and our offense will be much better next year wchi will open up more things for Cooley and Portis...we have a great oline and geat caoching all around...we'll be ok, sport

ger379

EOG Member
agree that

agree that

Al saunders, best OC in the league........but his offense is extremely complex with a huge playbook........Skins may not be hitting on all cyclinders until the following season

THE POSTMAN!

EOG Veteran
3 UNTRUES IN THIS THREAD

1.The problem with Arrington and Washington is that Washington did not have veteran leadership on defense.

if you are referring to Arrinngton, his problem started once he accused the Redskins of stealing $$$ from him, after that he could not get back on the field.

2 All their WR are midget's.

would you consider Randel El a midget?

3. Job Gibbs ball control run offense

actually the offensive coordinator from KC that they picked up will be calling the offense this year.

:+paranoid

mofome said:

...so when are they getting a real qb?

THE POSTMAN! said:
3 UNTRUES IN THIS THREAD

1.The problem with Arrington and Washington is that Washington did not have veteran leadership on defense.

if you are referring to Arrinngton, his problem started once he accused the Redskins of stealing $$$ from him, after that he could not get back on the field.

2 All their WR are midget's.

would you consider Randel El a midget?

3. Job Gibbs ball control run offense

actually the offensive coordinator from KC that they picked up will be calling the offense this year.

:+paranoid

number 2....at 5"10 I would consider Randle Ei small for NFL standards so yes

number 3....you are right i forgot Al Saunders took the job to run the offensive note taken

Brunell is still the QB so this isn't team going to remind anyone of the 1999 Rams nor do i see a super bowl for Washington this year.

mofome

Banned
Jagermeister said:
...so when are they getting a real qb?

13th rated passer in the league last year with only one WR and a less imaginative offense....i would have to assume that with more weapons, more time with this staff and adding Al saunders, we will be just fine. losing Thomas hurt a lot last year, we have no such problem now.

Great Oline
Cooley
Moss
Lloyd
El
Portis
Saunders

next.........

roach23

Banned
mofome said:

I hear/read this every year from Skins fans...yet they've done nothing yet. Like Jager asked...what did they do about the QB spot? You really think 50 year old Marc Brunell is gonna make it the whole season?

Philly is gonna win the division once again, like they have the past decade...besides last year. Don't get your hopes up about those lousy skins.

mofome

Banned
LMAOOO philly...im sorry...i cant talk about a team that finished in last place last season, made no moves, and has never won a SB. thats not an NFL team. they belong in a division with the saints. what a clown ass group that is. our Qb was the 13 rated in the league and had only 1 WR and a run first offense. i remember answering that question once already...pretty clearly even. u have a problem with literacy today bud?

they got the best OC in the game, a better line than philly, a much better Rb than philly and 3 WRs better than anyone on philly's team. i can talk about the giants and maybe the cowgirls....but the eagles are like 2 bye weeks that also reward us with wins.

philly lost their Offensive mind and are left with junk. your WRs woudnt start for USC.

LMAOOOOOOO

THE POSTMAN!

EOG Veteran
Jagger,

You guys do not have much of a QB neither. Donovan will never lead Philly to a Super Bowl.

Who's going to follow a QB w/ no balls. T-O took his heart last year, and then DM had the nerve to want to talk 6 months after the sitution was over.

:hung

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I think the Giants are headed in a good direction. Hopefully the Colts do what they should and win a superbowl and it would be kewl to see a Manning vs Manning there.