What was your favorite Atari 2600 game?

The thread on Nintendo got me thinking back to the Atari 2600. What was your favorite game there? Feel free to list several.

roach23

Banned
Frogger

But i never had Atari. I was young and my parents were cheap.

my neighbors had CalicoVision. anyone ever play that?

dirty

EOG Master
I never had the Atari either.... but my cousin did who lived in the same Neigborhood.... I had the Intellivision and then a ColecoVision

But we all got to play alot of all of them

roach23 said:
Frogger

But i never had Atari. I was young and my parents were cheap.

my neighbors had CalicoVision. anyone ever play that?

Colecovision was cool when it first came out. Awesome graphics for Donkey Kong. Don't know how it wasn't more succesful but it flopped pretty hard.

Anyone remember Intellivision also? Burger Time was a cool game on that.

I think if I had to pick one game, Ms. PacMan really kicked ass on the 2600 when it came out. It used up so much memory and had such cool graphics that it only worked for one player mode - could not have two at once.

Hell my roomate and I played Atari in college. Everyone was playing playstation, etc., and I had one, but we liked atari better. He and I both had about every game ever made. We played this shit out of that thing man.

I finally took it home and had it in the garage and my mom threw it away with all the games! I was so pissed off!

I had an Atari computer. You couldn't do anything with it. It was junk, but I played with it every day.

shortbus said:
I had an Atari computer. You couldn't do anything with it. It was junk, but I played with it every day.

I had a couple of Atari computers also. Started with the Atari 400. Good for some simple BASIC programming stuff, and the game graphics for Pac Man were pretty good. Then I eventually got one of the XL's. Not much better but served its purpose.

From there, I got an Apple IIc and I got quite a few years of use out of that. Even when the Apple IIGS and Macintosh's came out, I stuck with the IIc because it was that awesome.

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran
I had the Intellevision II.

played hours of BurgerTime, Football, Baseball and Qbert.

my pack rat parents still havent thrown it out.

i also loved the Sega Dreamcast but it was short lived once PS2 came out.

Almost Allright said:
Oh man what flashbacks to playing pitfall. Spent many a sleepless hour landing on those gators heads.

Remember the game well. Use to have to time it just right to land and stand on the eye of the gator so you would not get eaten up.

daringly

EOG Enthusiast
Adventure!

Didn't everyone find the gray dot and use it to open the secret room?

Did you ever get eaten by a dragon while holding a magnet, have the bat pick up the dragon and kill it while you were inside?

Ahhh, those were the great days. I got an emulation of it a few months back just for old time's sake.

And of course, Pitfall.

Matt Rain

EOG Enthusiast
Pitfall, Missile Command and...

Decathlon!!! The ultimate party game! The goal of the game is to wiggle the joystick as fast as humanly possible until one player passes out from a mix of hysterical laughter, alcohol & lactic acid in his arm.

pags11

EOG Dedicated
Pitfall
Pacman
Ms. Pacman
Dig Dug
this one tank game, I forget the name
Missle Command
Frogger
Joust

Revere14

EOG Member
Adventure

Adventure

I agree with Daringly... Adventure was by far the best Atari 2600 game. Every game was unique because the objects were randomly placed (at least on the highest level). Also I am pretty sure it was the first game to have hidden rooms, secret stuff, etc... which were intentionally put there. It is kind of like the first song to have hidden messages in it when played backwards.... way ahead of the times.

Revere14