When the touts call

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Ok guys, I need some help. Everytime I get a call from a tout, the first words out of my mouth are, "I'm not interested". Then, every single time, the tout says the same thing "You're not interested in making money?" I need a good, snappy, witty comback to this line when they ask this to kind of stop them in their tracks and throw them off script.

I love to waste these guys time. My favorite line is to get them to talk about their amazing win %, and explain how they can make 7 figures in 3 months with their win rate.

I also have a rule that I won't hang up on them, I try to make them hang up on me.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Tell them youre a millionare and know nothing about sports but just sent alot of money to the tout who called you 10 minutes ago so you cant send anymore.

dirty

EOG Master
I just tell them I am a GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation) Agent and listen to them Back Pedal :+paraanoid

Hitman26 said:
Then, every single time, the tout says the same thing "You're not interested in making money?" I need a good, snappy, witty comback to this line when they ask this to kind of stop them in their tracks and throw them off script.
I also have a rule that I won't hang up on them, I try to make them hang up on me.

Tell them you'll give them a healthy % of your profit after he gives you his "can't miss" picks....

They stopped calling me after I made it absolutely clear that I wasn't gonna pay any fees upfront.... :+wink-2+ :cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
What they never hear to the famous, aren't you interested in making money is "Let me check with my wife, she handles the budget." First no gambler is ever going to even discuss betting with his wife, or calling a tout. That is one objection they never hear. Most have a flowchart, what to say next. Or a script. It is sort of like a game of chess, try to stay ahead in the moves. When you throw that line out it backs them into a corner, they either have to imply you have no balls, and are not a real man for listening to your wife, or demean your wife. Either way, they are pinned. The last thing they will say is put her on the phone. If they fall into the trap, you can just rip the bigtime, put them on the defensive and get them to disconnect for easier marks.

Tout: You are not interested in making money?

Hit: Well, my wife handles the budget and holds the checkbook.

Tout: Er, uh, you let the wife decide if you make money or not?

Hit: She is better at finances than I am, I can't even balance the checkbook.

Tout: (Now has to cross the line) Well who exactly wears the pants in your house?

Hit: What are you saying, I am not the man of the house?

Tout: (pinned, with no way out.) Yes, you should make the decisions regarding money if you are the man.

Hit: I just said I was the man. (Now you are agitated.)

It can get real fun from here. I only get the dumass recordings. Johnny D. and friends. I think Winky is the champ at busting touts balls. I refer you to the expert.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

You are correct on one point, the more of their time you waste, on a dead lead, the more you are fuckin them. :hung

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
NightJailer said:
Tell them you'll give them a healthy % of your profit after he gives you his "can't miss" picks....

They stopped calling me after I made it absolutely clear that I wasn't gonna pay any fees upfront.... :+wink-2+ :cheers

Jailer:

Actually last week, I had 4 calls and 3 of them were from "Private Players", which is out of Long Island. All 3 of them wanted me to play either 500 or a dime on their pick and then wanted me to send them 30% the next day after the game cashed. So I said "You want me to risk 1100$ to win 700 on a 50% percent bet? Are you nuts?"

I then got to asking them what % they hit and one time it was 85 and the next time it was 79%. I asked them how many games they could hit in a row and one guy said he could hit 10 easily. I said "Great, give me 10 winnners in a row and I will send you 30% of the winnings then". He didn't take me up on my offer.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Hit, let me know how it goes. The toughest objection to overcome is the wife. It is like a tar baby, or what we sales types call a pickle. A Catch 22, but it can really throw a novice a curve, because they are all used to the same old arguments. They hear the percentages, can you win first and I will pay you after, all of the same stuff, all day long. Throw them a curve behind their back, and when they crowd the plate, inside fastball, face level. They will either shit on you or your wife. Make sure you get agitated, truly offended. That gets any sales type into backpedal mode, as you can't sell a pissed off person anything.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers :answer:

mofome

Banned
last one that called me i got a free pick out of and i gave him mine...told him to call back the next day and he did not. he lost, i won, i tried to find his # for good times but i couldnt gte it

:(

just tell them that u are MUCH MUCH better than they are and you have people calling you for plays so you dont have time for their calls unless they want your action and if they do its going to cost them some coin

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Froggy:

The best I've ever gotten them in a catch 22 is when I ask them "If you are soooooo good with your picks, why are you calling me? Just bet them yourself and get rich" "You don't need me"

Then they come back with "You're right, I don't need you"

I say "Oh you don't need me?" I say this in a way like I'm about to hang up because you are pissing me off now.

Then they go into back pedal mode. They always try to get back on script.

I DO LIKE MY KIDS DO! AND COPYCAT EVERYTHING THEY SAY!

TOUT....DONT YOU WANT TO WIN THIS WEEK?

ME.......DONT YOU WANT TO WIN THIS WEEK?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Hitman26 said:
Froggy:

The best I've ever gotten them in a catch 22 is when I ask them "If you are soooooo good with your picks, why are you calling me? Just bet them yourself and get rich" "You don't need me"

Then they come back with "You're right, I don't need you"

I say "Oh you don't need me?" I say this in a way like I'm about to hang up because you are pissing me off now.

Then they go into back pedal mode. They always try to get back on script.

You are only talking to rookies then because I think that is their number one objection, if you are so good, why are you calling me, bet your own picks.

They normally start the we have made so much money we have decided to share the wealth, right back to the script/flow chart. And today is your lucky day because we are sharing with you...

A vet would never even ak the we don't need you. He would just ignore you, overcome the objection and get back on track.

The best is to get them on something they have to address, cannot overcome and puts them in a no win situation.

Almost at any point, you can interject "that sound's great", a classic increase the sales type interest, to set up the immediate fallback to Earth, let me check with my wife. If you peak their interest, like you may bite, they will get desperate to close and slip up.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

Hitman26 said:
Ok guys, I need some help. Everytime I get a call from a tout, the first words out of my mouth are, "I'm not interested". Then, every single time, the tout says the same thing "You're not interested in making money?" I need a good, snappy, witty comback to this line when they ask this to kind of stop them in their tracks and throw them off script.

I love to waste these guys time. My favorite line is to get them to talk about their amazing win %, and explain how they can make 7 figures in 3 months with their win rate.

Just tell them you are a bookie now and that people who gamble are stupid ignorant phucks, and they will hang up.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
BEST solution

BEST solution

Tout: This is "so and so" from XYZ Scamdicappers calling you with our big 400,000 star lock on tonite's game

Me: Great - but before we continue I will need your credit card number

Tout: What - what are you talking about? you have it all wrong - you pay US for the pick and then YOU rake in the profits

Me: Well, i can do that but only AFTER you give me your name and credit card number. you see - i am a consultant and i charge $300 per hour with a 2 hour minimum and since you called me i take it you want my services and thus you will have to provide me with your name and credit card number before we can continue

Tout: What - you can't be serious - i'm trying to make you a ton of money

Me: Look - i hate to get rude here - but i can't be giving away my services for free that i charge others for. Either you give me your name and credit card number or we have to end this conversation

***If they hang up - you are done with them FOR GOOD. If not

Tout: Yes, but....

Me: Enough already - let me speak to your boss and get this straightened out and i can get my money or find out a way to report you to the authorities for trying to get my services for free

***Odds are EXCEPTIONAL they will hang up while you say this - but if not - stick to your guns and keep hammering away at them - and IF you get a boss - this is someone you REALLY wanna FUCK with - and go after him BIGGER time - for he will hang up on you VERY quickly

this should work