st louis info i just heard on the radio

the tout

EOG Enthusiast
local station said carpenter might not pitch due to back problems. if he does maybe he gets rocked like he did against kc and dont know the lineup but larussa likes to rest people on a day game after a night game make sure to check the lineup san fran might be worth a shot. good luck

joe67

EOG Enthusiast
thanks. great info, my only fear of taking the giants is if bonds sits this one out. great info though,I love it when people can provide something I cant get doing my normal research. great job
cheers joe

joe67

EOG Enthusiast
one thing to look at may be the o/u on this game, its at 8.5 runs at betjamaica. if carpenter doesnt start especiallythe over may be a nice bet. the giants have shown they can score without bonds, though he would probably pinch hit if they dont play him, and we know st louis and this guy albert pujols is capable of hitting :clapping: :+music1-6 lol. may be a good chance for an over. if anyone gets any word on starting lineups please post. thanks

Kegler

EOG Member
joe67 said:
thanks. great info, my only fear of taking the giants is if bonds sits this one out. great info though,I love it when people can provide something I cant get doing my normal research. great job
cheers joe

Bonds is hitting .245 with 6 HR why would you fear him sitting out?

joe67

EOG Enthusiast
kegler, he is still an enormous part of the game and I think any opposing manager or pitcher would agree to that. whether its pitching around him or pitching to him, he gets in the heads of pitchers, and he can affect a game, by being intentionally walked and getting on base or hitting away , he has had two rbis in this series with st louis .I dont know what the story is with him today, he was kneeling on one knee during a pitching change on tuesday so his knee may be bothering him but it looks to be a game time decision.I dont know
cheers joe

the tout

EOG Enthusiast
cards lineup

eckstein
spezio
pujols
rolen
encarnacion
luna
molina
taguchi
thompson

not exactly murderers row no bonds for san fran i think i like the giants alot.

mofome

Banned
Chris Carpenter has been scratched from his scheduled start on Wednesday due to back stiffness.
Carpenter was nearly scratched from a start earlier this season because of a similar problem. Brad Thompson is going to fill in for him against the Giants. Carpenter will probably make his next scheduled start. If not, the Cardinals will recall Anthony Reyes to fill in for him.

the tout

EOG Enthusiast
uwin i hear ya just going with the hot bats of san fran against the st louis bullpen today. if this was a regular lineup with a starting pitcher i would just layoff. good luck to you.

Kegler

EOG Member
joe67 said:
kegler, he is still an enormous part of the game and I think any opposing manager or pitcher would agree to that. whether its pitching around him or pitching to him, he gets in the heads of pitchers, and he can affect a game, by being intentionally walked and getting on base or hitting away , he has had two rbis in this series with st louis .I dont know what the story is with him today, he was kneeling on one knee during a pitching change on tuesday so his knee may be bothering him but it looks to be a game time decision.I dont know
cheers joe

Joe, I understand what you are saying. But to me this isn't the same Barry and there is no reason for opposing teams to fear him now that he is off the roids.