Where are my buddies Joeflex and CmptrBob?

Hope you guys are having a great Memorial Day Weekend...

I am playing with the Grandkids today, but just wanted to say hi...:cheers

THE SHRINK

It's all good...:+thumbs-2

I thought they were from somewhere else to begin with but I was mistaken....

Maybe one of them will say hello to my buddy Fezzik or bet me that I'll beat his ass again...:cheers

THE SHRINK

ComptrBob is certainly handing out a collective bitch-slapping to the EOG crowd:

ComptrBob said:
You have to remember what the EOG audience is. Generally, they are degenerate gamblers with virtually no knowledge of mathematics and certainly not probability and statistics. They WANT ignorance. They are in denial, they are career losers. They vehemently don't want to hear the message that you, I and Fezz preach , namely that the vast majority of touts don't want their long-term records to be well-documented because they are either long-term coin-flippers or outright losers.

:cheers

From FP.

So maybe I wasn't wrong when I stated they were here to divide...

Now that I start a thread being nice to them, they disappear..:rolleyes:

P.S. Found this quote to be amusing...

"I'll register there and bump up the thread when it starts slipping down the page. Comp. bob and joeflex have taught me so much about the importance of tout-watching and helped transform me into the 1/200 that make money at this. Shrink's intentions are the opposite. F' him and the toad. What are we in Germany in the 1940's here? I had more faith in people before I learned about the internet."

THE SHRINK

Forums are becoming like religions. Each one has their own loyal following steadfastly believing they are the best and all the others are lacking.

The fact is that these forums the have grown have each found their own little niche in the sports gambling world appealing to different types of people. FP is different than EOG just like SBR and BC have different core groups. You can see even see EOG moving away from RX as each finds their own respective audience.

This board will tolerate and even embrace a Cokin or Bryan Leonard or Ted Sevransky. Most boards would roast and toast these guys as if they were Mike Warren or The Duke. They are incapable of making the distinction. Fezzik interestingly can make that distinction and even came on here to thank Cokin for his Stadust picks.

FP has some sharp guys. There are sharp guys here as well. As for degenerates. There are plenty of us here. There are also plenty of hard core degenerates over there too. Those with just enough understanding of math and probability to be dangerous. The difference is that due to the social interaction here most of them post. Over there they simply lurk.

As for Joeflex, I have found him to be consistent to beliefs. I have respect for that. Just popping up here and attacking may have come across as being devious. I think he asked a question did not get the answer he wanted and pressed and then pressed some more. That seems to be his nature.

Just my 2 cents.

Have a great day Shrink.

THE SHRINK said:
So maybe I wasn't wrong when I stated they were here to divide...

Now that I start a thread being nice to them, they disappear..:rolleyes:

P.S. Found this quote to be amusing...

"I'll register there and bump up the thread when it starts slipping down the page. Comp. bob and joeflex have taught me so much about the importance of tout-watching and helped transform me into the 1/200 that make money at this. Shrink's intentions are the opposite. F' him and the toad. What are we in Germany in the 1940's here? I had more faith in people before I learned about the internet."

THE SHRINK

Did he just compare The Shrink to Adolf Hitler..? :+clueless That's nice...
You're jewish, right Shrink?

Alan

EOG Enthusiast
This board will tolerate and even embrace a Cokin or Bryan Leonard or Ted Sevransky. Most boards would roast and toast these guys as if they were Mike Warren or The Duke. They are incapable of making the distinction. Fezzik interestingly can make that distinction and even came on here to thank Cokin for his Stadust picks.

Interesting point made in this paragraph. But, I disagree. So far, I have found Fezzik to potentially be as much of a danger to novice players as any of the true "touts". Guys that let their work do the talking for them have a lot more respect from me than guys that tell you how great they are. While Fezzik is telling everyone how great he is and the novice sees him "putting his money behind his opinions" it is easy for the less experienced guy player to think he has found the motherload and jump on board. Fezzik is following a business plan which may turn out to be a good one that will build his forum into a force. Shrink will tell you that doing that successfully will put money in your pocket from sources other than winning bets.

So, bottom line, from my view (which is only important to me) Fezzik would gain a lot more respect if he would tone the I am the greatest down while is critical of those that he considers less than honorable. Or produce the "I am the greatest record" to support his retoric.

Ok, I am being a bit unfair -- but many here will understand what I am saying.

Alan,

I understand completely what you are saying...

Although Fezzik is a Friend of mine, he'd be better served to listen to the intent of your post carefully...

What he is doing now is a juggling act, which I can relate to...

Also, the fact that he used to sell his picks should make him more compassionate to some handicappers who are selling their picks...

I believe Cokin is one of them...

THE SHRINK