The EOG Octagon: RAILBIRD v RAININTHREES

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
A new promotion here at EOG: A head-to-head handicapping showdown featuring a winner-take-all purse of 2,500 bananas.

Each contestant provides 1,000 bananas to the prize pot with EOG supplying the added money.

The format is simple: Thirty plays over a 30-day period featuring NFL, NCAAF, NBA and NCAAB plays.

All plays at -110 or less and the handicapper with the better record will be declared the winner.

Tiebreaker: Better record over the last 5 plays, last 10 plays, last 15 plays and so on.

Contestants will post selections using pointspreads from the following establishments: CRIS, Pinnacle, BetDSI and William Hill.

Once a contestant posts a selection, neither the contestant nor the opponent can submit a play on or against said selection.

At month's end, the winner stays on the court for the following month and the loser goes home.

I'll try to recruit EJD_5277, HEIM, KANE, NUT6, SVBETTOR, TOBY TYLER, VIEJO DINOSAUR, YISMAN, ZZYZX ROAD and others for this space in 2019.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
How about this tiebreaker: Record over last five then record over last 10 then record over last 15 and so on.

This will get us a winner and it will stress the stretch drive of a close competition.

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
additional game until broken or british open style three additional games

I am ruthless and never concern myself with stuff like that
you guys decide, rules never matter to me as long as everyone plays with the same ones...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for participating, 3's.

RAILBIRD drew a tough opponent for the inaugural showdown.

"Birdie" said he would take on any man alive.

Of course, at +150, I would too.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
For tiebreaking purposes: The winner will be the contestant who posts the better record over the last five selections, then last 10, last 15 and so on.

With this tiebreaking procedure, we guarantee a result at month's end.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
Best of luck gentlemen.

I make 3's a slight favorite.

A prop bet on how many times there will be a discrepancy with the lines RB bets.

Over 3' even, under -3' -120

Last edited by a moderator:

railbird

EOG Master
How about a best bet tiebreaker with points differential as second tiebreaker?

I just like seven-game format.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I prefer the tiebreaker within the body of the 30-game competition.

Let's go with the better record over the last 5 plays, last 10 plays, last 15 plays and so on.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Procedural question:

Does the winner have the option to "retire" after winning a month, or are they REQUIRED to stay on?

I ask because the only sport I would feel comfortable playing in a format like this is MLB. Let's say I were up in August and I won both August and September. I would probably want to "retire" after September.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Procedural question:

Does the winner have the option to "retire" after winning a month, or are they REQUIRED to stay on?

I ask because the only sport I would feel comfortable playing in a format like this is MLB. Let's say I were up in August and I won both August and September. I would probably want to "retire" after September.

Good question.

Retirement is allowed but how about we reserve your "specialty" months to re-enter the fray the following year.

Would love to have you involved, EJD.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've heard through the grapevine RAININTHREES could be posting his first play later tonight.

Heim

EOG Master
Tried to get you involved for the kickoff classic.

How about the December slot where you would meet the winner of our November showdown?

I'd be available during conference play anytime Jan/Feb. December with the holidays a tough month.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
3 way

3s -120
Railfraud +305
Railfraud heart attack before contest ends (we all heard the heavy breathing on those videos) +205

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
1) #388 Kansas Jayhawks +14.5 -110 BetDSI
2) #709 NYKnicks-Dallas Mavs Over 217.5 -110 William Hill
3) #349 Oklahoma Sooners-Texas Tech Red Raiders Over 77.5 -108 Pinnacle
4) #389 Texas A&M +4 -110 William Hill

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
1) #388 Kansas Jayhawks +14.5 -110 BetDSI
2) #709 NYKnicks-Dallas Mavs Over 217.5 -110 William Hill
3) #349 Oklahoma Sooners-Texas Tech Red Raiders Over 77.5 -108 Pinnacle
4) #389 Texas A&M +4 -110 William Hill