Aaron Rodgers would regularly change McCarthy’s play calls

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
That’s what I’m saying. When I read this I was so infuriated. Ultimate fail by the bad bad man here in my opinion especially in a division that was so up for grabs.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I think this puts an entirely different perspective on who Aaron Rodgers really is right now.
But we dont know which way he changed them? i want to know who keeps calling stretch handoffs to start every drive, the packers will be in the middle of a momentum change, say the defense just held and they have the ball at midfield...then they run off tackle for 1 or 2 yds and now have 2nd and long?

kane

EOG master
I think this puts an entirely different perspective on who Aaron Rodgers really is right now.

It makes Rodgers smart, McCarthy is a moron who never should have had the privilege of coaching such a great QB in the first place, if I'm a Packers fan and my choice of play callers is a clueless moron, or one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, it's an easy decision for me to make.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Irrespective of the play calling, Rodgers missed a LOT of open receivers this year.

And many other times forced balls when there wide open receivers on the play

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
BTW QB's regularly change plays at the line of scrimmage.

Nothing earth shattering about that.

I disliked, however, that he (seemingly) had zero communication with any coaches this season, certainly not Mccarthy. He just came off the field and took a seat

kane

EOG master
Irrespective of the play calling, Rodgers missed a LOT of open receivers this year.

And many other times forced balls when there wide open receivers on the play

Agree this hasn't been a good season for Rodgers, for whatever reason he hasn't played at his normal HOF level, maybe he's not 100%, maybe he hasn't fully recovered from his injury way back against the Bears, maybe his receivers aren't good enough, maybe it's a little bit of everything, but whatever the reasons this hasn't been his best season.

common guy

EOG Senior Member
. His elusiveness has diminshed severely. If he gets the right fast twitch coach and a Josh McDaniel or Sean McVeigh/Peyton type coach he will be ok. But the beauty of sports is how it evolves. McHones is amazing and the Oklahoma qb will be too. Russ Wilson started the renewal of elusive qb's that died out with Steve Young. It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can play without escapability in a new offense,because I dont see him getting any quicker in the feet.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
I had the pack as my survivor pick at the weekend (2 players left)... How many dropped passes by the GB receivers?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
. His elusiveness has diminshed severely. If he gets the right fast twitch coach and a Josh McDaniel or Sean McVeigh/Peyton type coach he will be ok. But the beauty of sports is how it evolves. McHones is amazing and the Oklahoma qb will be too. Russ Wilson started the renewal of elusive qb's that died out with Steve Young. It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can play without escapability in a new offense,because I dont see him getting any quicker in the feet.

I need a fast-twist coach.

Heim

EOG Master
The post McCarthy interview with Rodgers was very telling. He never said anything about the players not performing. The best thing he said about
coach, after all these years, was a mutual respect for each other. Ouch!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
An offensive-minded head coach for the Jets is a must after Todd Bowles failed spectacularly (A record of 23-36 over the past three-plus seasons).

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Agree this hasn't been a good season for Rodgers, for whatever reason he hasn't played at his normal HOF level, maybe he's not 100%, maybe he hasn't fully recovered from his injury way back against the Bears, maybe his receivers aren't good enough, maybe it's a little bit of everything, but whatever the reasons this hasn't been his best season.
We've been spoiled by Brady, Brees, Rivers, but it used to not be uncommon for QB's to start diminishing in their mid 30's, and completely deteriorate by their late 30's. Aaron's been awfully beat up the last few years as opposed to Brees and Brady, so maybe his noticeable slippage is due to father time? Next year will be telling.