Bushay's 2018-19 NHL thread

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Wouldn't you regret passing up 6x6.5 in Vegas vs signing 5x5.75 in Calgary and basically losing your top 6 job to another guy with the same profile only younger?

Bushay

NHL Expert
Wouldn't you regret passing up 6x6.5 in Vegas vs signing 5x5.75 in Calgary and basically losing your top 6 job to another guy with the same profile only younger?
I don't know. I don't know what was going through his head at the time and neither do you. I don't know what his agent was telling him or what they promised him in Calgary. Yes, the way you're presenting this sounds simple. But these situations rarely are. I know one thing I don't believe he lost his skills or got a step slower overnight. He was a vital part of that high octane Vegas teams success. And it's not worked out so far in Calgary whether it be the new coach, team dynamic or something else going on in his life. You think Calgary signs him for that long at that much knowing he's lost a step he's never getting back? I think he's 28 games into a 5-year contract that's what I think. He may be traded and Calgary will receive compensation for him that works out better. I don't know. What I do know is bumping your own thread to puff out your chest is premature and silly for a guy like yourself. And injury next week could have him inserted right back into the top line with Gaudreau. The "I just see hockey things a bit before most people." is a classic though. :). Especially with your track record.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Calgary has had a shitty track record with free agents on July 1st... just look at this:

Deryk Engelland (3 yrs, $2.917 million per)
Jonas Hiller (2 yrs, $4.5 million per)
Mason Raymond (3 yrs, $3.15 million per)

Michael Frolik (5 yrs, $4.3 million per)
Derek Grant (1 yr, $700,000)

Troy Brouwer (4 yrs, $4.5 million)
Chad Johnson (1 yr, $1.7 million)

Spencer Foo (2 yrs, $925,000 per)
Marek Hrivik (1 yr, $650,000)

My track record is pretty good, I told you early on that Babcock would leave your Wings for Leaf land and you didn't believe it... I told you the Oilers made some huge mistakes with their salary cap and their window is closing fast... How are those multiple trips to the western final working out? I was wrong on Stamkos going to Toronto, I'll give you that. What else did I miss on?

Agree to my opinions or not, you have to admit I do pretty good at buying low and selling high, and that's because I am ahead of the curve.

My last comment on Neal, he hasn't scored in over a month and his minutes are going down. Maybe they are trying to trade him and he ends up in a better spot and takes off, but nobody in Calgary is happy with the situation right now, not the player, not management and not the fans. He played close to 20 minutes in the 9-6 game at Columbus and had nothing to show for it, if you can't chip in a blowout, when will you contribute? His advance stats are brutal, he's losing offensive zone starts and he's not a defensive guy, so the next stop is the press box..

Bushay

NHL Expert
I don't know. I don't know what was going through his head at the time and neither do you. I don't know what his agent was telling him or what they promised him in Calgary. Yes, the way you're presenting this sounds simple. But these situations rarely are. I know one thing I don't believe he lost his skills or got a step slower overnight. He was a vital part of that high octane Vegas teams success. And it's not worked out so far in Calgary whether it be the new coach, team dynamic or something else going on in his life. You think Calgary signs him for that long at that much knowing he's lost a step he's never getting back? I think he's 28 games into a 5-year contract that's what I think. He may be traded and Calgary will receive compensation for him that works out better. I don't know. What I do know is bumping your own thread to puff out your chest is premature and silly for a guy like yourself. And injury next week could have him inserted right back into the top line with Gaudreau. The "I just see hockey things a bit before most people." is a classic though. :). Especially with your track record.
Bump!
The "I just see hockey things a bit before most people" guy just got exposed again!!!! lol

Bushay

NHL Expert
This was too good not to come back and bump.

"I just see hockey things a bit before most people."

Bwahahaha!!!

Bushay

NHL Expert
James Neal with another goal tonight. A PP goal no less. Not only is this guys career not over, But he's also getting PP ice time with the best player in the game.

6 goals in 3 games. Leads the team in PPG's, SOG, GWG's and only getting 18 minutes a night. This guy is MONEY!!!!!

Now wheres that guy who sees hockey things a bit before most people when its time to cash those checks.

Who's your daddy Goon?

haha!

No matter how hard he tries he'll always come up short when he challenges me.

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuoooooooooooooooban
has always been clutch for me.
Need him to let in one more goal in the 3rd and boom!!