Government shutdown ends on or before 1/7/19

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I have some friends who work in the Coast Guard, they have to work and not get paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will eventually get paid, but it sucks when you have bills to pay and general expenses.

MrTop

EOG Master
I like the No

jan 3rd Thursday is the day the dems take over senate so it will take a week to get in sync … total guess.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Yes. IMO, It'll be settled by Jan 3rd, because the Idiot (or at least the people around him that have some semblance of a brain) know that's the best deal he'll get. After Jan 3rd, he loses whatever miniscule leverage he holds now.
Max Bet accepted is to win $250.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Yes. IMO, It'll be settled by Jan 3rd, because the Idiot (or at least the people around him that have some semblance of a brain) know that's the best deal he'll get. After Jan 3rd, he loses whatever miniscule leverage he holds now.
Max Bet accepted is to win $250.

$500 has a better ring to it.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
What happened to the Trump Foundation? The government shut it down due to fraud.

Did Trump shutdown the government as personal revenge?

MrTop

EOG Master
trump has lowered his demands... info came across google news... the wall just got 2 feet shorter !

how do we play it ?

MrTop

EOG Master
ok thanx FW.

I always like your opinion even if I disagree. You always got the info I have noticed.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I read a Trump comment that he theorized on just flat out closing the border to Mexico - absolutely no one in or out. Allow the budget to pass - end the government shutdown.

Do we sell more things to Mexico or do they sell more goods to us?

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I'll go no up to -140 given the fact it doesn't include the day it's officially settled. Has to officially be back open that day.

I read a Trump comment that he theorized on just flat out closing the border to Mexico - absolutely no one in or our. Allow the budget to pass - end the government shutdown.

Do we sell more things to Mexico or do they sell more goods to us?

I would bet we buy a lot more stuff made there, for example by ex-wife 's Volkswagen was made in Mexico. They have the cheaper labor but not anything like China.

When I was a kid like 40+ years ago, I remember often seeing hecho en Mexico labels on cheap consumer products

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Simpletons like to treat Hollywood types as the villian. Just something I've noticed during the Pinocchio era!

The reality is the Hollywood types get it.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Pinocchio is walled in! He has zero leverage and zero support.

The Trump shutdown is going to turnout to be the longest shutdown in government history.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
So what. She was asked a question and gave an answer. Her public New Year's Resolution was definitely not unsolicited.
Wonky has the same view but it didn’t make the news. Lemmings are influenced by what Hollywood thinks and does, I don’t know why.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Wonky has the same view but it didn’t make the news. Lemmings are influenced by what Hollywood thinks and does, I don’t know why.

Clearly it has nothing to do with Jane Curtin. You point it out yourself. Many celebrities feel the same way as Winky. But the media is the villian of the simpletons. When reality and truth are exposed by the media, the simpletons become unhinged. I believe mostly because they've been getting brainwashed by the cons for many years! Fake News! Lol

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Clearly it has nothing to do with Jane Curtin. You point it out yourself. Many celebrities feel the same way as Winky. But the media is the villian of the simpletons. When reality and truth are exposed by the media, the simpletons become unhinged. I believe mostly because they've been getting brainwashed by the cons for many years! Fake News! Lol
Maybe because the media is slanted between left and far left. You can start with Disney-espn.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Maybe because the media is slanted between left and far left. You can start with Disney-espn.

Yes, that has been a Con talking point for many years. The media covers the news. I don't see the media calling for Pinocchio to be impeached or to resign. I do see Fox News calling the Mueller investigation a Witch Hunt. I also see Fox News saying there was no collusion. But the main stream media reports let the investigation continue unimpeded.

Open that mind of yours. Lots of brainwashed, brain-dead righties that have been getting conned by the Con with false talking points and rhetoric for years.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Everyone reports the news but Fox, Giod to know.

I watch Canadian and british news, zero agendas when reporting about the US.