Government shutdown ends on or before 1/7/19

kane

EOG master
The US just lifted sanctions on several firms tied to Putin, excellent news that should help foster peaceful relations with Russia.

I'm really looking forward to both the 2nd Kim summit and one with Putin, it should be just the ticket to send the fake media into a tizzy.

The lying puppet is Putin's bitch, not surprising he does whatever Putin wants

mr merlin

EOG Master
But how could that be, I thought ISIS was defeated
You just dont get it. It's not our job to fight terrorism all over the world, never has been, never will be . We do however have the ability to intervene in certain circumstances to advance our national interest.

Once ISIS was crushed and the caliphate collapsed , it's in our national interest to leave and allow local actors to take it from there. Luckily for us, Trump knows that.

Geopolitics is childs play sir.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Baghouz (Syria) (AFP) - Driving towards the frontline of what remains of the Islamic State group's self-declared "caliphate" in eastern Syria, US-backed fighters pass huge craters from air strikes and buildings reduced to rubble.

Backed by air strikes of the US-led coalition, the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces are battling to expel IS from a few hamlets in the eastern province of Deir Ezzor.

But cornered in a final remote pocket of territory near the Iraqi border, the jihadists are staging a fierce fightback, hiding in tunnels and deploying suicide bombers -- including women.

Listening to Egyptian diva Umm Kulthum, SDF fighters drive along a desert road towards a string of villages retaken in recent weeks from the jihadists.

"The Islamic State has surrendered," reads graffiti scrawled across the wall of a small house at the entrance to the deserted village of Shaafa.

Nearby, a cart once used to sell fruit and vegetables lies abandoned.

The armoured car continues southwards, to where the Kurdish-led SDF is battling to secure the last patch of the village of Baghouz from the jihadists.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights this week said the village had been retaken, but SDF commanders on the ground say some IS fighters still remain, and are fighting back hard.

"Two women blew themselves up near our position," an SDF official tells AFP.

"We saw them come towards us dressed in black. They cried 'God is greatest' and then blew themselves up," he says, giving his name as Damat.

- 'Cornered' -

Aram Jaweesh, a commander in the SDF, says five women blew themselves up in various parts of Baghouz on Saturday, killing one SDF member and wounding three others.

IS suicide bombers are usually men, but some women have carried out such operations in Iraq.

From a rooftop, Jaweesh oversees operations, issuing instructions to his fighters in Kurdish through a walkie-talkie that never leaves his side.

A few streets away, armoured cars from the international coalition rumble by.

SDF advances in recent weeks have whittled away at the last pocket of Syrian territory the group controls, and Jaweesh says the noose is tightening around IS.

"They're cornered between the Iraqi border on one side and the SDF on the other," he

Thank you president Trump, the final death throws of the caliphate are sweet indeed.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Mueller clearly concentrating on the Russian contacts with all Trumps advisors. BM is correct, I follow a couple of the MSM news outlets but only pay attention to a few contributors. I study these guys pretty closely. On MSNBC they have a former 2nd man in charge of the fbi as an important contributor to their evening programs. His name is Frank Fabrizi or something close to that. He’s well respected by the more valued panelist I respect and he never backs any bold predictions cause honestly none of them know but more than likely Mueller and his team wethers he’s got it figured out yet or not. I’m betting he does. The other night was the first time he put himself on record and clearly stated that. He mentioned how telling it was that Manafort was delivering polling information to the Russian hiearchy. Their is absolutly no logical reason Manafort would be bringing this polling information to the Russian if they didn’t help get him elected. Makes complete sense. I read a lot of stuff too and the Trumptards are correct there is not a lot of solid evidence brought to light of any crimes to this point, but if you read this whole article top to bottom it again focuses on several heavy hitters in the law field commenting on just what Frank Fabrizi said the other night. Mueller is focusing on all the Trump advisors with factual proof of each and every one of them in contact with various Russian big wheels. He’s obviously tying the whole thing together and there’s no one really higher than Stone left other than Jared and Uday and Qusay jr. and possible Ivanka but I doubt they include her. This is a very good piece by this journalist. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2454f6-20c5-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html

Bushay

NHL Expert
Best part is Merlin thinking they have ISIS surrounded and it’s just a little more matter of time, not understanding all the Muslims hate us across the entire Middle East. They not only have been recruiting and training from, but continue to going forward throughout the entire region as well as Africa and South America. Won’t be long now he says! Lol.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Best part is Merlin thinking they have ISIS surrounded and it’s just a little more matter of time, not understanding all the Muslims hate us across the entire Middle East. They not only have been recruiting and training from, but continue to going forward throughout the entire region as well as Africa and South America. Won’t be long now he says! Lol.
I agree that there are muslim terrorists all over the world and what we're doing in syria has zero effect on them, that's why it's time to leave.

kane

EOG master
Bushay, the guy you're think of is Frank Figliuzzi, and you're right, the guy knows what he's talking about, he isn't some blowhard just spewing out opinions

kane

EOG master
Trump's Treasury Department just lifted sanctions imposed on US Rusal PLC, En+ Group PLC and JSC EuroSibEnergo--- three companies linked to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, said to be one of Putin's favorite oligarchs. See McIrish, this is the sort of stuff I was referring to when I said Trump makes his decisions based on whatever benefits Putin and Russia, he's been doing things like this since day one of his presidency. the Master says jump, the lying puppet asks how high, sad.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Trump's Treasury Department just lifted sanctions imposed on US Rusal PLC, En+ Group PLC and JSC EuroSibEnergo--- three companies linked to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, said to be one of Putin's favorite oligarchs. See McIrish, this is the sort of stuff I was referring to when I said Trump makes his decisions based on whatever benefits Putin and Russia, he's been doing things like this since day one of his presidency. the Master says jump, the lying puppet asks how high, sad.
Yup, the Russians are the good guys, god bless Putin.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Trump does more bidding for Putin today by lifting more Russian sanctions. If he was really proud of this move would he do this on a Sunday afternoon hoping nobody would notice?

The disturbing part is the lifting of these sanctions could have been blocked by Congress. Needed 60 Senators to vote to block. Unfortunately only 58 voted to block. 80% of RepubliCON Senators voted for Russia. Very disturbing. 100% Dems voted against Russia.

Yup, the Russians are the good guys, god bless Putin.

This is where your ignorance is on full display. WW3 wont be fought with army’s/artillery/missiles etc... WW3 will be cyber terrorism. Cyberterror will have the ability to suddenly turn an entire nation into the Stone Age. The Russians have devoted more resources and effort in cyber hacking than any nation. The fact you are cheering on Putin and Russia’s hacking into our democracy shows how naive you are on the topic. If you wake up someday to find you suddenly have no money in your bank account because cyber terrorism attacked your bank you will have no right to complain.

mr merlin

EOG Master
This is where your ignorance is on full display. WW3 wont be fought with army’s/artillery/missiles etc... WW3 will be cyber terrorism. Cyberterror will have the ability to suddenly turn an entire nation into the Stone Age. The Russians have devoted more resources and effort in cyber hacking than any nation. The fact you are cheering on Putin and Russia’s hacking into our democracy shows how naive you are on the topic. If you wake up someday to find you suddenly have no money in your bank account because cyber terrorism attacked your bank you will have no right to complain.
You have the right to your opinion and to voice it...I do too heisi.

My perspective is that of a person who realizes that we(the US govt) are no longer the good guys.

Look at syria, we destabilized it, we caused the civil war, we caused hundreds of thousand of deaths, displaced million, destroyed almost every city, none of that would have happened if obama hadn't encouraged the rebellion, funded and aided the rebel factions. Putin didn't do any of that, we did.

So no, we dont really have a role to play there any more, now that ISIS has been decimated

MrTop

EOG Master
You have the right to your opinion and to voice it...I do too heisi.

My perspective is that of a person who realizes that we(the US govt) are no longer the good guys.

Look at syria, we destabilized it, we caused the civil war, we caused hundreds of thousand of deaths, displaced million, destroyed almost every city, none of that would have happened if obama hadn't encouraged the rebellion, funded and aided the rebel factions. Putin didn't do any of that, we did.

So no, we dont really have a role to play there any more, now that ISIS has been decimated

must be a hidden deal why USA leaving,

MrTop

EOG Master
It's because trump is smart and isn't part of the deep state military complex.

U.S. military has not left Syria. All you have to listen is to Bolton & McConnell

Mitch McConnell unveils proposal urging troops stay in Syria, Afghanistan

kane

EOG master
Such hate for our fine president, be a good American and root for him to succeed.

Were you being a good American and rooting for Obama to succeed? If Hillary was the president would you have been a good American and rooted for her to succeed? BTW, these are rhetorical questions, since we both know your answer, no need to respond.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Kane, I appreciate the example.

What is the reason they had sanctions in place, do you know?

And by lifting these sanctions does it help us at all or is it 100% profitable for the Russians?

I wouldn't ask you to write a manifesto but wondering what a hard core righty would say to support this move?

Or what is the reason Trump's team is giving for this move?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
That’s quite the trifecta isn’t it?

Speaking of trifecta's, I went 0-3 Saturday, 3-9 since Thursday of last week......

Sorry I got you wrapped up in some of the pain, I wasn't close.

Thought a post in the political thread might serve as a slump buster, LOL.

Anyway appreciate the commentary in this thread, I don't always agree but Kane, Guesser, yourself, Heartman.... several on the left I respect a great deal.

Better luck today.

kane

EOG master

And by lifting these sanctions does it help us at all or is it 100% profitable for the Russians?

I wouldn't ask you to write a manifesto but wondering what a hard core righty would say to support this move?

Pat, I don't follow this stuff as close as some others here, but I know there are plenty of people on the right who didn't agree with Trump lifting the sanctions. Here's an article I came across. After Trump lifted the sanctions, a member of his transition team was named to the board of one of the Russian oligarch's companies, Trump scratches Putin's back, Putin reciprocates.https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-member-deripaska_us_5c4f81a4e4b0d9f9be683192

kane

EOG master
"A member of President Donald Trump's transition team was named as a board member of a company owned by Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska the day after the Trump administration lifted sanctions against Deripaska's companies."

One day after the sanctions were lifted this happened.

kane

EOG master

This is from the same article I linked.

"The Treasury Department imposed the sanctions against three companies owned by Deripaska almost 10 months ago because of Russia's malign activity around the globe." Deripaska was also personally sanctioned because the US accused him of threatening rivals' lives, bribing government officials and having links to organized crime all of which Deripaska has denied."

kane

EOG master
"A majority of House Republicans voted with Democrats to maintain the sanctions against Deripaska's three companies. But by then the measure had already failed in the GOP controlled Senate."

mr merlin

EOG Master
"A member of President Donald Trump's transition team was named as a board member of a company owned by Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska the day after the Trump administration lifted sanctions against Deripaska's companies."

One day after the sanctions were lifted this happened.
It's high time we are friendly with Russia, dropping sanctions is an appropriate first step. After all, what have they ever done to us, they have no sanctions on us as far as I know.

kane

EOG master
It's high time we are friendly with Russia, dropping sanctions is an appropriate first step. After all, what have they ever done to us, they have no sanctions on us as far as I know.

Well, there was that election hacking thing a couple years ago. Despite all our intelligence agencies agreeing that it was Russia, Trump asked Putin if Russia was involved, and Putin told him no, naturally the puppet believes his master over his own intelligence agencies. Putin says jump, the orange lying puppet asks how high.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Well, there was that election hacking thing a couple years ago. Despite all our intelligence agencies agreeing that it was Russia, Trump asked Putin if Russia was involved, and Putin told him no, naturally the puppet believes his master over his own intelligence agencies. Putin says jump, the orange lying puppet asks how high.
Why wouldn't they do that, we've had sanctions on them since when? The Bush administration? We've done all we could to undermine their economy, hurt their corporations, harm their diplomatic relations with various countries. We've done everything possible to fuck with them.

To expect them to refrain from doing stuff to us in return is ridiculous. They had a duty to respond in kind and it would be downright foolish if they didn't.

kane

EOG master
Why wouldn't they do that, we've had sanctions on them since when? The Bush administration? We've done all we could to undermine their economy, hurt their corporations, harm their diplomatic relations with various countries. We've done everything possible to fuck with them.

To expect them to refrain from doing stuff to us in return is ridiculous. They had a duty to respond in kind and it would be downright foolish if they didn't.

I got it, you're from Russia, you came to this country, but you're definitely from Russia Comrade Merlin, it's the only logical conclusion as to why you constantly defend Russia and Putin

kane

EOG master

BTW, thanks for finally admitting Russia was responsible for the election hacking