Anthony Davis

boston massacre

EOG Master
The Celtics would be the Best Landing spot for A.D. Long Term

Kyrie, Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and A.D. Himself, All in their Mid. 20's

Lebron- Mid 30's, with a lot of Mileage on the Odometer.

This injury will cause him to miss at least 20 Games.

Definitely on the BACK 9.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
The Celtics would be the Best Landing spot for A.D. Long Term

Kyrie, Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and A.D. Himself, All in their Mid. 20's

Lebron- Mid 30's, with a lot of Mileage on the Odometer.

This injury will cause him to miss at least 20 Games.

Definitely on the BACK 9.

If they traded for Davis, you could most likely say goodbye to Brown. I’m pretty sure he would be one of the pieces.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Like I said, the stupidest thing N.O. could do, is to make the Trade before the Feb. 7 deadline.

Wait until the off season where they can entertain offers from all interested parties.

And some of those offers could get crazy.

MrTop

EOG Master
I don't buy the Kyrie to the Lakers rumor, it doesn't make sense, and yeah Walton is a dead man walking. I've stated before I think he lasts the season, then they let him go and LeBron picks his new coach

agree on Kyrie not going to lakers.

Heim

EOG Master
Amazing how much influence LeBron has in the league. One month after LeBron has dinner with Davis in LA Davis wants out of NOLA.

kane

EOG master
Amazing how much influence LeBron has in the league. One month after LeBron has dinner with Davis in LA Davis wants out of NOLA.

AD to the Lakers was talked about long before that dinner, and yeah, the NBA is the only league where the players have the control, and LeBron is the leader. Compare it to baseball where Manny and Bryce are still unsigned

MrTop

EOG Master
NBA players more valuable than MLB. Five players vs nine & more games in MLB. Many owners turned off by manny and harper too.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I disagree Drink, I think the Pelicans would be nuts to accept that offer, Boston has easily the most assets to get a deal done. I hope he doesn't do it because I think Jayson Tatum is a future star, but Danny Ainge can offer Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, and the Sacramento pick along with the Memphis pick. Personally I think it's too much to give up, but if Danny Ainge wants AD to be a Celtic, he can offer NO the best package. I were Ainge I'd offer all of the above minus Tatum, to me he's untouchable, and even taking Tatum out of the mix, I can't see anyone's offer being better than Brown, Hayward, and those two first round picks, I'd even throw in Boston's own number one, that would give NO two starters and three number one's, and the Sacramento pick and the Memphis picks will be in the lottery

New orleans isn't taking the Heyward contract bro. I'm a celtics fan if they can get Davis for Brown and Rozier along with a draft pick fine but if the pells can get all of what you stated theyd make that will happen second its available.

kane

EOG master
New orleans isn't taking the Heyward contract bro. I'm a celtics fan if they can get Davis for Brown and Rozier along with a draft pick fine but if the pells can get all of what you stated theyd make that will happen second its available.

Yeah, for a rebuilding team, taking on the Hayward contract probably wouldn't make sense, I was just showing that the C's can offer more than anyone. The problem with Rozier is, he's a FA after the season, so any deal involving him would have to be a sign and trade, but I'm sure that could get worked out. The other thing about Rozier is, if Kyrie changes his mind and decides to leave, Rozier would become their starting PG, Danny needs to know what Kyrie is thinking before he moves Rozier. I never knew you were a Celtics fan, I've been a die-hard fan since the Larry Bird days.

kane

EOG master
Still feel bad for Hayward. Sign a big contract then get injured in the opening moments of last season. He has to play.

He hasn't been anything close to the player he was in Utah, but the general thinking is that he won't be back to his normal self until next season, his injury was that bad.

Heim

EOG Master
AD to the Lakers was talked about long before that dinner, and yeah, the NBA is the only league where the players have the control, and LeBron is the leader. Compare it to baseball where Manny and Bryce are still unsigned

Lebron and his agent Rich Paul are a cancer in the league. Davis will no doubt be a Laker. Same agent and he's still a young and impressionable guy. Look what Paul did to CLEV. He was also the agent for JR and Tristan and got them ridiculous contracts which Lebron pushed. And then Lebron wanted Wade which was a complete disaster. I think Paul is his agent too. Completely ruined a good team. The one tell about Lebron was the George desire to stay in OKC. If anyone was destined for LA it was him and he said no thanks.

kane

EOG master
Lebron and his agent Rich Paul are a cancer in the league. Davis will no doubt be a Laker. Same agent and he's still a young and impressionable guy. Look what Paul did to CLEV. He was also the agent for JR and Tristan and got them ridiculous contracts which Lebron pushed. And then Lebron wanted Wade which was a complete disaster. I think Paul is his agent too. Completely ruined a good team. The one tell about Lebron was the George desire to stay in OKC. If anyone was destined for LA it was him and he said no thanks.

LeBron seemingly runs the league, there were a few reasons why he left Miami, the narrative that he wanted to go home was among the least of the reasons he left, the main reason was he wanted power that Pat Riley wouldn't give him, one of LeBron's guys was Mike Miller, that's the reason the Heat signed him, and he was good for Miami, but injuries caught up to him and the Heat released him, which didn't sit well at all with LeBron, and no one dictates to Riley how the team is run, not even the GOAT, so LeBron went back to Cleveland, but before he did he had a secret meeting (which wasn't so secret) with Dan Gilbert, and once Gilbert agreed to give LeBron all the power within the organization he wanted, LeBron went back to Cleveland under the premise of wanting to bring a championship to the city, which was true, but it was far from the main reason he left. Had Riley been willing to take a back seat and acquiesce to LeBron's demands, he would still be a member of the Heat.

MrTop

EOG Master
Riley did the right thing. Lebron can't do it by himself . Needs players like everyone else. The NBA & owners created this circus . Now they have to pay for it from years ago.

kane

EOG master
Riley did the right thing. Lebron can't do it by himself . Needs players like everyone else. The NBA & owners created this circus . Now they have to pay for it from years ago.

When LeBron left, there was some debate down here whether Riley did the right thing, or should he have given LeBron control of the franchise, for the most part Heat fans backed Riley, but those were a fun and awesome four years

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If everyone is on the table save LBJ, how will a deal not get done w/in the next 10 days? If I'm the Lakers, I'm saying, "I'm giving you the world here but this offer expires beuuase if we don't get him soon, we're probably not getting him and you can try your luck stocking up on assetss w/ a perceived rental and we'll move forward and sign him for 2020/21."

Now, the C's and other teams may have sent word that they are willing to pay a Kings Ransom, thinking that AD will may change his mind and sign w/ them long term. Even if they don't think that, they may think that AD will put them over the top this year or the next and they may be willing to lose long-term (giving away a bunch of assets) for a year-and-a-half of year rental.

kane

EOG master
If everyone is on the table save LBJ, how will a deal not get done w/in the next 10 days? If I'm the Lakers, I'm saying, "I'm giving you the world here but this offer expires beuuase if we don't get him soon, we're probably not getting him and you can try your luck stocking up on assetss w/ a perceived rental and we'll move forward and sign him for 2020/21."

Now, the C's and other teams may have sent word that they are willing to pay a Kings Ransom, thinking that AD will may change his mind and sign w/ them long term. Even if they don't think that, they may think that AD will put them over the top this year or the next and they may be willing to lose long-term (giving away a bunch of assets) for a year-and-a-half of year rental.

It's in the Pelicans best interest to wait until the offseason, whatever the Lakers are willing to offer now will be the same after the season, why not wait and see what Boston is willing to offer. Besides, it's a bad look for the Pelicans franchise to just acquiesce to the glamour franchise Lakers, I know they're already upset how this whole thing is playing out between LeBron and Rich Paul, If I'm N.O. I'm think thinking go fuck yourself to the Lakers, and the Celtics have the best combination of young players and draft picks than any other team can offer them, there's no reason for N.O. to make a move now.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
It's in the Pelicans best interest to wait until the offseason, whatever the Lakers are willing to offer now will be the same after the season, why not wait and see what Boston is willing to offer. Besides, it's a bad look for the Pelicans franchise to just acquiesce to the glamour franchise Lakers, I know they're already upset how this whole thing is playing out between LeBron and Rich Paul, If I'm N.O. I'm think thinking go fuck yourself to the Lakers, and the Celtics have the best combination of young players and draft picks than any other team can offer them, there's no reason for N.O. to make a move now.

That's what I'm saying. I'm saying to the Pels, I'm pulling this deal unless it gets done soon. I want to take that believe out of their head (same deal will be there post-season).

We all know they can't match what the C's can offer but will the C's do that for a perceived rental?

If I'm the Pels, I don't care about the optics, I care about getting above market value for AD and the Lakers will overpay for him right the fuck now.

kane

EOG master
That's what I'm saying. I'm saying to the Pels, I'm pulling this deal unless it gets done soon. I want to take that believe out of their head (same deal will be there post-season).

We all know they can't match what the C's can offer but will the C's do that for a perceived rental?

If I'm the Pels, I don't care about the optics, I care about getting above market value for AD and the Lakers will overpay for him right the fuck now.

That's the thing though, the Lakers wouldn't pull their offer if the trade doesn't happen before the deadline, the Pelicans know the Lakers will make the same offer after the season that they're making now. The Lakers said you can have anyone you want not named LeBron James, and they'll make the same exact offer after the season, if the Lakers do what you say, the Pelicans will know they're bluffing, the Lakers want AD bad, and there's no way they'll pull their offer after the season if the Pelicans don't agree now, and the Pelicans know this. Besides, Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and anyone else the Lakers throw in wouldn't be above market value. If N.O. accepts what the Lakers are offering before the trade deadline, that tells me they're a completely inept franchise and the guys running the show don't have a clue. Like I've been saying, the prudent thing for them would be to wait until the offseason, then get everyone's best offer and make your decision then, taking the Lakers offer without first finding out what Danny Ainge is willing to give up would be a very bad decision.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
That's the thing though, the Lakers wouldn't pull their offer if the trade doesn't happen before the deadline, the Pelicans know the Lakers will make the same offer after the season that they're making now. The Lakers said you can have anyone you want not named LeBron James, and they'll make the same exact offer after the season, if the Lakers do what you say, the Pelicans will know they're bluffing, the Lakers want AD bad, and there's no way they'll pull their offer after the season if the Pelicans don't agree now, and the Pelicans know this. Besides, Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, and anyone else the Lakers throw in wouldn't be above market value. If N.O. accepts what the Lakers are offering before the trade deadline, that tells me they're a completely inept franchise and the guys running the show don't have a clue. Like I've been saying, the prudent thing for them would be to wait until the offseason, then get everyone's best offer and make your decision then, taking the Lakers offer without first finding out what Danny Ainge is willing to give up would be a very bad decision.

From what I understand:

Lonzo, Kuzmania, BI, Zubac and a first-rounder were offered.

That's above market value for a guy w/ a year-and-a-half left on his contract that doesn't want to be there.

Pulling the offer is a semi-bluff and what I mean by that is I am pulling someone back from that deal; I'll obviously still try to make a deal post-season but it won't be as rich. This is what I am offering you now, good luck getting that haul from Ainge who outsmarts everybody and I doubt will splurge on a rental but you never know. Someone else may get AD, who the hell knows :)

boston massacre

EOG Master
Kyrie Irving and A.D. can fix this by themselves for the Celtics if A. D.'S concern about going to the Celtics is:

Weather Kyrie is going to re-up with the Celtics.

Tell A.D. your going to extend with Boston.

Then Boston makes the trade with N.O.

Then A.D. signs long term with the Celtics.

And Hopefully Boston is able to hold on to Tatum.

Then you have 3 Superstars signed in their early to mid 20's.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Playing with Kyrie Long Term is a better scenario for A.D. than playing with a 35 year old LBJ.

They play 2 complete different positions. Inside/ Outside. Easier to work together.

Plus 35 year old LBJ has a lot less mileage left on him than Kyrie.

kane

EOG master
Kyrie Irving and A.D. can fix this by themselves for the Celtics if A. D.'S concern about going to the Celtics is:

Weather Kyrie is going to re-up with the Celtics.

Tell A.D. your going to extend with Boston.

Then Boston makes the trade with N.O.

Then A.D. signs long term with the Celtics.

And Hopefully Boston is able to hold on to Tatum.

Then you have 3 Superstars signed in their early to mid 20's.

Ian Begley who covers the Knicks just asked Kyrie if his mindset has changed regarding resigning with Boston, Kyrie said "Ask me July 1st", he said he's going to do what's best for his career.

The scenario you laid out is exactly how Danny Ainge would like it to play out, they would move forward with a "Big Three" of Kyrie, AD, and Tatum, and build around them, but it's really all up to Kyrie. I know Kyrie and AD are friends and have spoken in the past about playing together, and like you said, all he has to do is tell Danny he'll stay in Boston, then once AD knows that, there's a good chance he would sign long term in Boston as well, but from everything I read and hear, Kyrie might want to jump ship. Why he wouldn't want to stay in Boston is something I don't get, unless he's hell bent on playing in NY (he's from Jersey), if that's the case Boston is screwed since there's no way AD signs long term without a commitment from Kyrie. Kyrie really holds all the power right now, and maybe he is planning on staying, he said before the season he would resign with Boston, he even did that commercial playing one on one in the Garden against his dad, talking about wanting his number to hang in the rafters someday, but now he wants to do what's best for his career? What's best for his career is playing for the most storied franchise in the history of the league, playing potentially with AD, playing for an outstanding coach, and one of the best GM's in the business. I just wish he would come out and say he's staying, then the odds of AD staying become better and Danny doesn't have to worry as much about a one year rental. I probably shouldn't let this stuff bother me, but I've been a die hard fan since the Larry Bird days, and the stress Kyrie is causing me is driving me crazy, just praying everything works out and things go exactly how Danny wants them to.

kane

EOG master
Playing with Kyrie Long Term is a better scenario for A.D. than playing with a 35 year old LBJ.

They play 2 complete different positions. Inside/ Outside. Easier to work together.

Plus 35 year old LBJ has a lot less mileage left on him than Kyrie.

This is correct, the problem is AD grew up idolizing LeBron, he's the reason why he wears 23, and LeBron looks like he's still got a few great years left.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Ian Begley who covers the Knicks just asked Kyrie if his mindset has changed regarding resigning with Boston, Kyrie said "Ask me July 1st", he said he's going to do what's best for his career.

The scenario you laid out is exactly how Danny Ainge would like it to play out, they would move forward with a "Big Three" of Kyrie, AD, and Tatum, and build around them, but it's really all up to Kyrie. I know Kyrie and AD are friends and have spoken in the past about playing together, and like you said, all he has to do is tell Danny he'll stay in Boston, then once AD knows that, there's a good chance he would sign long term in Boston as well, but from everything I read and hear, Kyrie might want to jump ship. Why he wouldn't want to stay in Boston is something I don't get, unless he's hell bent on playing in NY (he's from Jersey), if that's the case Boston is screwed since there's no way AD signs long term without a commitment from Kyrie. Kyrie really holds all the power right now, and maybe he is planning on staying, he said before the season he would resign with Boston, he even did that commercial playing one on one in the Garden against his dad, talking about wanting his number to hang in the rafters someday, but now he wants to do what's best for his career? What's best for his career is playing for the most storied franchise in the history of the league, playing potentially with AD, playing for an outstanding coach, and one of the best GM's in the business. I just wish he would come out and say he's staying, then the odds of AD staying become better and Danny doesn't have to worry as much about a one year rental. I probably shouldn't let this stuff bother me, but I've been a die hard fan since the Larry Bird days, and the stress Kyrie is causing me is driving me crazy, just praying everything works out and things go exactly how Danny wants them to.

Don't think Danny would give up his assets, thinking it could be a one year rental.

This won't be settled until the Summer.

kane

EOG master
This is what Woj is reporting that the Lakers initially offered. Kuzma, Ball, Rondo, Beasley, and a first round pick. If I were Del Demps, after I got done laughing I would have hung up immediately

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
This is what Woj is reporting that the Lakers initially offered. Kuzma, Ball, Rondo, Beasley, and a first round pick. If I were Del Demps, after I got done laughing I would have hung up immediately

That was a mistake by these Laker idiots. Why low-ball when the wolrd knows you want this deal in the worst way? It's just stupid and sets up ill-will.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
That was a mistake by these Laker idiots. Why low-ball when the wolrd knows you want this deal in the worst way? It's just stupid and sets up ill-will.
Because they can. No one else can really offer anything during the season. If I'm NO, I just send him home for the rest of the season, then trade him to Boston after July 1. AD's people tried to strongarm NO into trading to LAL, knowing Boston can't counter.

kane

EOG master
Because they can. No one else can really offer anything during the season. If I'm NO, I just send him home for the rest of the season, then trade him to Boston after July 1. AD's people tried to strongarm NO into trading to LAL, knowing Boston can't counter.

I don't think The Celtics trade for him without an assurance from Kyrie that he's staying in Boston. If Kyrie resigns, then I think Ainge takes the gamble and makes the trade hoping that AD would sign there long term, but if Kyrie wants to play elsewhere, I don't think Ainge gives up the king's ransom for a guy who likely wouldn't resign, it's really all up to Kyrie, his decision will determine what happens with AD IMO