Buffalo MAC At-Large

Sleepy

EOG Master
Two games away from locking their spot up, will be favored in both

Best they can do in conference is 8-12

IMO you should have to be at least 500 in conference to qualify

I hope they don't make it in. There will be many lower conference teams more deserving of the bid.

But the selection committee rigs it and fukks these teams year after year.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
They have six quadrant one wins...if they win their last two might be enough

No idea how they won today

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Two games away from locking their spot up, will be favored in both

Do you follow bracketologists? They have a long way to go still.

The net is 58.

They are a horrible 1-5 vs quad 2 teams.

They are 2-9 (!!!) on the road

Overall record is 7-14 vs quad 1 and 2, which is by far the worst of all bubble teams

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
They have six quadrant one wins...if they win their last two might be enough

No idea how they won today

6 quad 1 wins, but 1-5 vs quad 2.

The whole resume counts, not just a few big upsets.

As a whole, they don’t deserve it and need to win a lot more than 2 more games

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Lunardi right now first four out- Temple, Saint Mary's, Furman, Murray State. Next four out- Xavier, Dayton, Indiana, Georgetown. Says Butler and South Carolina out.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Indiana would have to beat Illinois, Rutgers and then at least 2 games in the big 10 tourney.

They are 6-12.. if they win out they would be 8-12. That would get them out of the last 4 and into the 2nd round of the big 10 tourney

I don’t think they can get past the 8th seed. Minnesota and Ohio State both have the tiebreak over them.

So they are looking at 9th, 10th or 11th.

. Either way, they will likely be playing Iowa, Minnesota or Ohio state.

So they will have to win that game, and then they would have a virtual play in game vs Purdue, Michigan or Michigan state.

Asking this team to win 4 in a row (6 if you include the last 2) seems almost impossible with how inconsistent they have been.

Heim

EOG Master
I'm starting to wonder about Nevada. I don't get their NET rating. Biggest wins BYU, Fresno, USU, Arizona St and USC!? Fresno and USC big road wins!? The theory with them is they're good because they're ranked. Still looking for a Quad 1 win. I'm starting to believe what Boston said....no surprise with a first round exit.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Misread what you wrote

I agree.. they look bored or something. Maybe they’ll turn it on for the tourney, but I can see them losing to any 10-12 seed they face.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
I'm starting to wonder about Nevada. I don't get their NET rating. Biggest wins BYU, Fresno, USU, Arizona St and USC!? Fresno and USC big road wins!? The theory with them is they're good because they're ranked. Still looking for a Quad 1 win. I'm starting to believe what Boston said....no surprise with a first round exit.

ALAN Boston? Is that guy still worth mention? When's the last time he was relevant?

I got the sense that teams wouldn't schedule Nevada. Very good team. Has had good season; everyone stubs toe.

Not many Western teams this year, so they'll surely stay out west. Going to be a 4 or 5 seed, I think. Staring at Gonzaga in Round of 16.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
ALAN Boston? Is that guy still worth mention? When's the last time he was relevant?

I got the sense that teams wouldn't schedule Nevada. Very good team. Has had good season; everyone stubs toe.

Not many Western teams this year, so they'll surely stay out west. Going to be a 4 or 5 seed, I think. Staring at Gonzaga in Round of 16.

No road quad 1 wins is going to kill the resume, along with the 24 net ranking.

I think they are a top 20 talent, but the efficiency and resume say they are going to get screwed and get a 6, or could even fall to a 7 with really no great opportunities for good wins. Other teams will be able to pass them.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
If wofford loses, 2 is a lock. Wofford has a net in the top 25. They will be looking at 8 or 7 seed most likely.

I can see them playing the 8/9 game. Their schedule was good, but they will have zero wins against teams in the tournament, so I doubt they will get a higher seed. Radford is a tough call if they don't win the tournament. They would have 7 losses, but a win vs Villanova,

This has to be a joke that Florida is one of these last 4 out.

If Florida, Clemson, or Indiana get in that will be horrible.....

Indiana at least looks like a decent team,, which I can not say for Florida.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I hate being wrong lol

Agreed though, lost too many games that a tournament team shouldn’t have.

But..... I do hope they win tomorrow. Have a ticket in Indiana -2

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I can see them playing the 8/9 game. Their schedule was good, but they will have zero wins against teams in the tournament, so I doubt they will get a higher seed. Radford is a tough call if they don't win the tournament. They would have 7 losses, but a win vs Villanova,

Radford has no chance. Are you talking about furman? They deserve to be in, along with uncg imo, but both will be in the nit instead. Watching those 2 teams— they are tournament teams. Mid majors just don’t have any wiggle room whatsoever. It sucks

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today.

Always looking for a game where one team is not interested in winning.

I hope you cleaned up on st Mary’s last night. Perfect situation. Gonzaga not nearly as motivated as st Mary’s was.

On the other hand, I thought uncg would beat wofford on Monday- Wofford was a lock no matter what— uncg needed a win to get in, plus they had a huge double revenge where wofford destroyed them twice. Uncg was the better team for 35 minutes but fell apart and couldn’t even cover the +7.5 for me.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
All these teams are OUT

Belmont
Lipscomb
Furman
Radford
Hofstra
South Dakota St.

Agreed.

Add UNCG to the list as well.

Looking more and more like it will be another year of mediocre power conference teams.

I guess the only chance the rest of the way for a multi bid league outside the usual is if buffalo loses in there tourney.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Is OhioSt/Indiana basically a play-in game? It looks like that to me.

Word is that KWesson is going to play. How many minutes will he be able to go after sitting out several games?

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
St Johns and NC State should be in now? and like Chucky said Ohio St/Indiana is play in game looks like.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Radford has no chance. Are you talking about furman? They deserve to be in, along with uncg imo, but both will be in the nit instead. Watching those 2 teams— they are tournament teams. Mid majors just don’t have any wiggle room whatsoever. It sucks

UNCG in the tournament, based on what? A close loss to LSU? They split with Furman and lost to Wofford 3 times including two by 30 points. They have no chance of getting in.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Read your post again- Radford has no chance. Are you talking about furman? They deserve to be in, along with uncg imo

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Any of the top-seeds dis-interested today?

I really don't think Gonzaga cared. Will still very likely be 1seed in West. My feeling is that any team starting at 1/2 seed doesn't have much to play for in next 3days.

Will LSU fall to 3-seed?

The seeding that I'm sure the committee would love is Duke/KY as 1/2, in some order. Game in Lousville maybe?

If Duke gets shipped out west as 2-seed, I really don't think they'll mind be lined up vs Gonzaga. Were -8 in 1st meeting (but lost).

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Any of the top-seeds dis-interested today?

I really don't think Gonzaga cared. Will still very likely be 1seed in West. My feeling is that any team starting at 1/2 seed doesn't have much to play for in next 3days.

Will LSU fall to 3-seed?

The seeding that I'm sure the committee would love is Duke/KY as 1/2, in some order. Game in Lousville maybe?

If Duke gets shipped out west as 2-seed, I really don't think they'll mind be lined up vs Gonzaga. Were -8 in 1st meeting (but lost).
Probably a 2-3 seed but I think Michigan is vulnerable today.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
WestVA would be an interesting wildcard. Konate suited up, but didn't play last nite. Wonder if he gives it a go vs KS.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Ohio St is in? They have 14 losses, won 40% of their conference games and can't shoot. Name one good team they beat this year!

Valuist

EOG Master
Ohio St is in? They have 14 losses, won 40% of their conference games and can't shoot. Name one good team they beat this year!

Their best wins appear to be Creighton and Cincinnati. But check out the dates of those two wins: November 7 and November 15th.