Too many idiots drive fast in fog

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I saw comedian Steven Wright perform last year in the showroom at The Orleans.

His routine is evergreen.

Nothing is dated.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
One of the most dangerous driving conditions of all.

Most dangerous is:

When it has juuuuust started to rain. People pretty much drive the same speed as it was dry and clear. Only problem is that the rain helps loosen the very top of the surface and makes it almost like driving on ice.

when it’s been dry for a long time and then it rains the road becomes slippery because all the oil that has been leaked on the surface.
We have lots of fog here too,speed limits are for ideal conditions

Valuist

EOG Master
A couple years ago I was driving south down I-5 in a small rental car. There was a stretch there, south of Bakersfield but still north of LA which was a bit scary. The wind almost blew the car off the road. Tejon Pass maybe? I'm guessing the grapevine isn't too far from that.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
A couple years ago I was driving south down I-5 in a small rental car. There was a stretch there, south of Bakersfield but still north of LA which was a bit scary. The wind almost blew the car off the road. Tejon Pass maybe? I'm guessing the grapevine isn't too far from that.

Grapevine is notorious for being an awful place to drive thru when weather is not so great. It frequently gets shut down in the Winter for extended periods of time