The EOG Octagon (ZZYZX ROAD v JOHN KELLY)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fifteen bullets left for yours truly.

"Z" with one bullet left in his shirt pocket à la Barney Fife.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Beating up on Rail for two months was a bit of a grind.....Try3 the better handicapper in April.....

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I bounced like a rubber ball.

Now looking for a string of victories at +200 this weekend.

#NeverSurrender

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
958 Washington Nationals -1.5 runs +185 at Westgate

974 Kansas City Royals -1.5 runs +191 at Pinnacle

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK....these rules are forcing you to make plays that you would have never considered.....a drawback to the contest....

Seems unnatural.

But I have no option considering the time and score.

I believe the contest format is fair and the rules are the same for both contestants.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
I wanted to post the under in the Seattle game in the best bet thread, but no one started a thread on that today.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
The biggest rivalry Jammer versus anyone. Everyone is a clown except Jammer. Maybe better take a long look in the mirror. The real clown is staring back at you

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Just shows how gamblers get buried. They get behind and then start taking long shots to get it all back fast. And get totally buried

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Should add a rule that you have to finish + units to get the bonus money.

Hmmm...

Not a bad suggestion but let's stick with the original set of rules until further notice.

I love the plus-money feature of the event, thanks to BetDSI.

With no takeout, I can argue it's not gambling.

Then maybe carry over the bonus money to the next month if the winner is -units and keep carrying it over until there is a winner with + units. This month's competition was a snooze fest. At least with this rule, it would have been interesting the last few days to see if the winner would get to +units and win the bonus.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Let's stay with the current rules until 2020 as many EOG contributors have expressed interest in participating under the current rules.

The carryover pot is an interesting idea.