Alan "F#$”in'" Boston

svbettor

EOG Veteran
Here is your consolation prize Heim
alan boston

@bostonred88
2 minutes ago

Sorry about losers. It is difficult to post picks. I won almost every bet yesterday but was 0-2 on here. I know no one wants to read that shit, but it is the truth. I do not like to post picks for that reason. I can only post when the number is widely available and after all

I finally fukkin won with one of his picks (hopefully, it is only halftime lol).

His reasoning today made too much sense to pass up!

[B]alan boston[/B]‏ @[B]bostonred88[/B] 8h8 hours ago
More
Underachieving and poorly coached UCLA stumbles into the conf trnmnt with an interim lame duck coach who is terrible and a roster full of apathetic, no defense prima donnas or are more concerned about their NBA contracts, or perhaps how to perfect the art of stealing from stores in foreign countries.

Either way, they basically are impossible to bet. However, if there are any Breaking Bad fans out there, my favorite scene in the shows run was the multiple murders in jail, while in the background we hear the great Nat King Cole sing "Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, start all over again." Another line in that song is Nothing's impossible I have found, For when my chin is on the ground, I pick myself up, Dust myself off, Start all over again. Well, if Nat King Cole says so, that nothing is impossible.

When last seen Stanford closed a 2 pt fave at home over UCLA. Now they r 2 on a neutral? Plus, UCLA with the big dance carrot + a very weak league, may actually give a fuck. As a bonus, Stanfords pg is iffy and if he does play, may not be 100%. This is as good as it gets. UCLA +2 hate me later

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Stanford's Okpala is from my hood however I have a hard time believing he's a top 15 pick as projected.

Heim

EOG Master
Boston goes on Vernon's show a few weeks back & says no surprise if NEV is out first round. So who is Alan's only bet today? Naturally NEV -2. I only had one year of Psych in college to fully understand how his mind works.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Boston goes on Vernon's show a few weeks back & says no surprise if NEV is out first round. So who is Alan's only bet today? Naturally NEV -2. I only had one year of Psych in college to fully understand how his mind works.
Not only was he on them but in his interview he sounded like it was free money. Not sure how he missed what a slow starting team they were. Never in it.

He is on vsin this morning with gill Alexander at 7am Vegas time today with more insight fyi

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Not only was he on them but in his interview he sounded like it was free money. Not sure how he missed what a slow starting team they were. Never in it.

He is on vsin this morning with gill Alexander at 7am Vegas time today with more insight fyi
I’m sure he’ll blame it on the NCAA rigging their matchup vs a power conference team. If they played another mid-major, he would complain about that also.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I’m sure he’ll blame it on the NCAA rigging their matchup vs a power conference team. If they played another mid-major, he would complain about that also.
Not sure how he wants the tourney set up. He bitches if 2 mid majors have to open against each other.

He bitches if a mid major has to open up against a power 5 school.

I dont know what is left for match ups.

He bitches that a mid major has to play a power 5 team in the 2nd round.

I'd like to see his ideal 68 team tourney and match ups. Surprised that no one has asked him this yet.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
Saw 4 games in JAX yesterday and 3 were quite entertaining. Although Ky waxed overmatched Abilene Christian, the former Wildcats didn't impress me that much. I think the Wofford Terriers can hang with them so long as their bigs stay out of foul trouble. Much experience versus much inexperience.. LSU is pretty darn good; not sure if they miss Wil Wade.

Hastily bet small amounts in the morning and could not remember all bets. Thought II did better than it results indicated. Oh well. Good luck to all; these games are not easy to predict.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Maybe he wanted to bend over the followers, was probably on FLA.

Said something to the effect that Spanky was a prick for stealing his plays.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Saw 4 games in JAX yesterday and 3 were quite entertaining. Although Ky waxed overmatched Abilene Christian, the former Wildcats didn't impress me that much. I think the Wofford Terriers can hang with them so long as their bigs stay out of foul trouble. Much experience versus much inexperience.. LSU is pretty darn good; not sure if they miss Wil Wade.

Hastily bet small amounts in the morning and could not remember all bets. Thought II did better than it results indicated. Oh well. Good luck to all; these games are not easy to predict.

Things look easy until the games start.

I appreciate the eyewitness account.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not sure how he wants the tourney set up. He bitches if 2 mid majors have to open against each other.

He bitches if a mid major has to open up against a power 5 school.

I dont know what is left for match ups.

He bitches that a mid major has to play a power 5 team in the 2nd round.

I'd like to see his ideal 68 team tourney and match ups. Surprised that no one has asked him this yet.

Funny stuff, Sporty.

You nailed it.

Alan's 68-team tourney would exclude all cheaters and all frauds.

The Ivy League would be awarded eight bids.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
AB was so sure nevada would cover he said during chris vernons podcasts this week it probably should be his last pick this tournament if it didnt win and cover. He actually kept me off the game because he usually isnt that locked into a team without better reasoning. Hes a good listen but he stumbles over too many words and its very doubtful hes even betting much if at all.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
AB was so sure nevada would cover he said during chris vernons podcasts this week it probably should be his last pick this tournament if it didnt win and cover. He actually kept me off the game because he usually isnt that locked into a team without better reasoning. Hes a good listen but he stumbles over too many words and its very doubtful hes even betting much if at all.
I'm sure he not betting the amounts that he was in the book the odds. He has stated he has a partner/backer so I'm sure his amounts are probably still up there.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Funny stuff, Sporty.

You nailed it.

Alan's 68-team tourney would exclude all cheaters and all frauds.

The Ivy League would be awarded eight bids.
He would eliminate any team with a pace over 67 possessions and give automatic bids to all coaches who joystick their offensive sets that require a minimum of 5 passes before a shot.

Lay ups would be worth 3 pts. Dunks 1 point. Basically Alan wants women's college basketball but doesnt know it yet.

High Times

EOG Master
Can't believe anyone still wants his opinion.... Without the inside info he had in the 80's he was never any good.... But believe what you want....

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I'm sure he not betting the amounts that he was in the book the odds. He has stated he has a partner/backer so I'm sure his amounts are probably still up there.

If you listen to all of his podcasts, he'll say he bet a game but too often then says he doesn't know at what number. Also have heard him say this week that he never gives out picks before he and his team has bet, but then during the same podcast later will give out a pick and say he hasn't bet the game yet.

He said several times he was on Vermont +11.5, but it already had been bet to 8.5 more than a day prior. Same with Irvine and at least another couple games. Just one time I'd like to hear him say he bet a game that moved 3 points against his money. I realize the guy is a legend, but my money is on him currently not being in action.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
He would eliminate any team with a pace over 67 possessions and give automatic bids to all coaches who joystick their offensive sets that require a minimum of 5 passes before a shot.

Lay ups would be worth 3 pts. Dunks 1 point. Basically Alan wants women's college basketball but doesnt know it yet.

I think he shares the same political viewpoint as the WNBA.

Heim

EOG Master
Boston on Kansas +2. I get all the games UA has played lately but to say Self over Pearl is the primary reason is silly.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Boston on Kansas +2. I get all the games UA has played lately but to say Self over Pearl is the primary reason is silly.

........JK and I have argued about this for some time. But AB had a dead "wrong side loser" from the start. And if I am going to lose a play I'd much rather have it be something like Kansas rather than having Wofford Saturday and losing in a brutal way

blueline

EOG Master
" ...my dad was never around..." speaking about not having anyone to play the Jeopardy home version with as a 7yo.... currently on VSiN

ChuckyG

EOG Master
........JK and I have argued about this for some time. But AB had a dead "wrong side loser" from the start. And if I am going to lose a play I'd much rather have it be something like Kansas rather than having Wofford Saturday and losing in a brutal way

Winky, u just grade em. Don't re-score em. U don't get emotionally attached to a ticket.

railbird

EOG Master
I am surprised that Nevada's season ended w/ such a thud. Given their collection of talent, should have been primed to do better in NCAAs.
When a group of juniors do very well, often times they underachiev as seniors , ive seen this many times