EOG's Best Bet thread for Tuesday, May 14

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Pajama Open week, JK. 5Dimes. Already have Mickelson, I think. If not, he's 40-1.

Major Golf PGA Championship 2019 : Brandt Snedeker +12500
Risking $50.00 To Win $6,250.00

Major Golf PGA Championship 2019 : David Lipsky +25000
Risking $50.00 To Win $12,500.00

joeturner

EOG Member
958 Braves +1 1/2 R/L(-150) Stations. Cardinals playing below their record(cold) Atlanta .500 @ home but playing above record(HOT) Both pitchers in better effort mode but Flaherty needs cheers not jeers-opposite going for Foltynewicz. Banking on Braves staying hot. Last 5, ERA difference under 1 run! PLAYBALL!!!!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
WA

Canes -119

Down 2-0 and badly outplayed the last 4 periods..............this is "Game 7" for them Canes. Lose this one and after sweeping their way to the ECF they will then get swept in the ECF. Canes play like a "Bunch of Jerks" tonight and pull out an ugly win

Winkyduck 511-685-37 +2.50 UNITS (Blues to advance past SJ and play for the Cup +107; Mariners U70.5 RSW +125; D-backs U75.5 RSW EV; Rockies to MAKE the Playoffs +200; Robert Kraft to be suspended 5-8 weeks +125)

joeturner

EOG Member
958 Braves +1 1/2 R/L(-150) Stations. Cardinals playing below their record(cold) Atlanta .500 @ home but playing above record(HOT) Both pitchers in better effort mode but Flaherty needs cheers not jeers-opposite going for Foltynewicz. Banking on Braves staying hot. Last 5, ERA difference under 1 run! PLAYBALL!!!!
Got your ass-KICKED Turner!!!! LOL! Remember to manage risk and move-on!!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
[QUOTE="joeturner, post: 7508682, member: 56054"]You laid a lot of chalk but you WON!! That's all that matters![/QUOTE]

Actually - it doesn't

NEVER confuse a winning bet with a good bet and NEVER confuse a losing bet with a bad bet

joeturner

EOG Member
That statement might come across better if "THOU SHALT" precedes NEVER...don't you think? LOL! I get what you're trying to say about "Value", "Managing Risk" & making "Equity"(EV) bets(I know all that stuff-lived in Vegas for twelve years. Poker/Horse player) I agree with you that over the long-term(even short term) laying large chalk is "EV" negative. In that context, I agree with the abovementioned pedantic gambling COMMANDMENT. But I wouldn't be so parochial as to assume to tell another gambler what works and what doesn't(or what's good and what's bad) You know what I mean. If this guy has MASTERED laying large chalk and it satisfies his itch, what the hell do I care. He won.....TONIGHT! He has $$$ in his pocket! I swear to you Duck, I wanted to end that with. "Just don't make it a standard bet" but I thought it better not to for the above reasons.
Look, I wasn't really thinking about all the bull-shit I just wrote when I gave him props for his win. It was just a vicarious thrill of victory for the guy because I'm in such a slump of late. The brainstorm of knowledge that resulted in your "Never" statement I'm sure is regaling. Bring-it!