NBA Futures Market A Crap Shoot....

Heim

EOG Master
Westgate guessed right a few days before Lakers acquired Anthony Davis with a 5/1 future price on Lakers.

Clippers currently 6/1 with the anticipation of a Kawhi signing but what happens if he stays in Toronto at 10/1?

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
I bet if LAC do sign Kawhi and now rumored Horford looking there they become new favorites.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Horford is 33 years old. What does he have maybe 1 more good year. Anyone signing him to more than a 2 year deal is out of their mind.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
State gaming regulators should require sports books to do one of two things when offering future-book odds:

1) Yes/No prop on a team winning the title (If a sports book is offering 5/1 on the Lakers, they should be required to offer a price (say -700) on the Lakers NOT winning the title)

OR

2) Clearly post, for all to see, the hold percentage on a sports book's future-book prices

railbird

EOG Master
I would like a yes no on will kawhi win the nba title next yr, anything in plus column is a great bet, he by far best player in nba, further he makes teams better, and never divided

Last edited by a moderator:

railbird

EOG Master
State gaming regulators should require sports books to do one of two things when offering future-book odds:

1) Yes/No prop on a team winning the title (If a sports book is offering 5/1 on the Lakers, they should be required to offer a price (say -700) on the Lakers NOT winning the title)

OR

2) Clearly post, for all to see, the hold percentage on a sports book's future-book prices
The advantage of a credit acct is futures wagering

Heim

EOG Master

OR

JK, you can have the state of CA +175. Everyone else -210.

kane

EOG master
I would like a yes no on will kawhi win the nba title next yr, anything in plus column is a great bet, he by far best plauer in nba, further he makes teams better, and never divided

He divided the Spurs last year when he faked an injury

kane

EOG master
He's a true #5. With his type of game 3 years ok imo...4 is stretching it.

The Celtics have to resign him, he opted out with the intention of resigning in Boston, and Horford has the type of game that will age well, If a fourth year is the difference between him leaving, then Boston should give it to him. Anyone who follows the Celtics knows how important he is to that team

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I would like a yes no on will kawhi win the nba title next yr, anything in plus column is a great bet, he by far best player in nba, further he makes teams better, and never divided

He greatly improved his outside shot the past couple of seasons.

Deadly from 15 feet and capable from beyond the arc.

His time off last season served him well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK, you can have the state of CA +175. Everyone else -210.

Those homemade props are almost always mispriced and here's why:

The prop is priced on the published odds of the teams in the four-team entry.

However, the oddsmaker doesn't take into account their outrageous house edge of 35-45%.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I bet if LAC do sign Kawhi and now rumored Horford looking there they become new favorites.

I thought you said your info indicated that he was going to the Lakers? I found that very funny and totally unrealistic but who knows; I hope I'm wrong as that would be so ridiculous it would be ridiculous.