Are we Anti-Canadian Football League at EOG?

svbettor

EOG Veteran
I have heard no talk about the CFL? No one betting this, supposedly easy sport to beat?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
No one talks minor league baseball or the wnba. Waste of time.

Canadian football...I'll wait for the real stuff.

PS....when does the XFL start?

ChuckyG

EOG Master
sv, u hit on a few key topics:

1) CFL. So few people know the personnel. What to do when one of the few big names (like Calg QB Mitchell) goes down?
2) FBS. You mention Qualitative analysis. I think you're spot on, you have to grasp encyclopedic knowledge to understand the Coll FB teams.
3) FCS. Now, you're speaking to me. So hard to line these teams. We saw more of these lines last year. Are we approaching the point...where FCS games are lined just as readily as the FBS? It's very similar to the progression of Coll Bask...when there used to be > 120 Non-Board teams.

svbettor

EOG Veteran
sv, u hit on a few key topics:

1) CFL. So few people know the personnel. What to do when one of the few big names (like Calg QB Mitchell) goes down?
2) FBS. You mention Qualitative analysis. I think you're spot on, you have to grasp encyclopedic knowledge to understand the Coll FB teams.
3) FCS. Now, you're speaking to me. So hard to line these teams. We saw more of these lines last year. Are we approaching the point...where FCS games are lined just as readily as the FBS? It's very similar to the progression of Coll Bask...when there used to be > 120 Non-Board teams.

As FBS , I am using both a Quantitative Model / Algorithm working in concert with the Qualitative Analysis something that the model lacks from week to week.

As for FCS, I have shared and posted my preliminary FCS model picks that have done ok but what I lack is the qualitative analysis and my FCS model is in constant improvement. I think that Railbird is the only one to post some FCS winners on this site. I think that FCS games can be exploitable and I mean not just betting on NDSU and the play offs. Books are putting up lines on all these games with a max bet of 2500 on them.

As for CFL , I do not have model yet but I will eventually. I just like to have more discussion on CFL at least qualitatively.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
SV, good info:

*CFL is complicated. The rules are weirder than people realize. Many ways to score in CFL, lot of strategy (too).

*Interesting on Coll FB. I have to tip my hat to a guy like Eddie Walls. Understand how he intricately knows the coaches/personnel. I admit that it's beyond me. Very interesting that books are broadening their horizons to include FCS teams.

MrTop

EOG Master
SV, good info:

*CFL is complicated. The rules are weirder than people realize. Many ways to score in CFL, lot of strategy (too).

*Interesting on Coll FB. I have to tip my hat to a guy like Eddie Walls. Understand how he intricately knows the coaches/personnel. I admit that it's beyond me. Very interesting that books are broadening their horizons to include FCS teams.

on FCS are they taking a dime or higher on these games yet ?

MrTop

EOG Master
As FBS , I am using both a Quantitative Model / Algorithm working in concert with the Qualitative Analysis something that the model lacks from week to week.

As for FCS, I have shared and posted my preliminary FCS model picks that have done ok but what I lack is the qualitative analysis and my FCS model is in constant improvement. I think that Railbird is the only one to post some FCS winners on this site. I think that FCS games can be exploitable and I mean not just betting on NDSU and the play offs. Books are putting up lines on all these games with a max bet of 2500 on them.

As for CFL , I do not have model yet but I will eventually. I just like to have more discussion on CFL at least qualitatively.

2500 nice.. a lot of places?

svbettor

EOG Veteran
2500 nice.. a lot of places?

5 Dimes has FCS openers at 240 and for every line move you can re-bet. Then on gameday that is when the FCS limits open up to 500 to 2500 depending on the book. Not many places allow for 2500

MrTop

EOG Master
he was on the show. He knew when the games were. I didn't know the teams were playing.

Last edited:

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
We have two teams playing a non-divisional game that are on at least 3 game losing streaks,...both are dogs. Teams in that situation have been 39-20 ATS.

Im not betting these just for your info .... Argos and Redblacks fit these spots

I will chime in on the league and betting it and what i have learned over many years