A question for the baseball stat guys

ouch

EOG Dedicated
What is the percentage of games where one team scores first in that game, and then never lets the other team take a lead after that?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
That's a different question than "What percentage of games does the team that scores first win?"

ouch

EOG Dedicated
You're right JK.......it is a different question.

I am interested for purposes of "live" in-game betting in baseball. One or two lead changes in a game means "plus" money on both sides, and that's a sports bettor's dream.

It seems that teams that are down by one run in the middle innings are given a ridiculously high plus number by most outlets.

Why is that in an era where weak bullpens and one swing of the bat change scores and results very quickly?

ouch

EOG Dedicated
I guess the MIT grads here at EOG have left for the Hamptons for the weekend.

Too bad....because it would be nice to know if anyone had an idea about this.

railbird

EOG Master
You're right JK.......it is a different question.

I am interested for purposes of "live" in-game betting in baseball. One or two lead changes in a game means "plus" money on both sides, and that's a sports bettor's dream.

It seems that teams that are down by one run in the middle innings are given a ridiculously high plus number by most outlets.

Why is that in an era where weak bullpens and one swing of the bat change scores and results very quickly?

i like the team down 1-0 more than 4-3