Finally....You can steal first base.....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The Atlantic League is experimenting a rule that as a hitter you can steal first base if the catcher fails to catch a pitch from the pitcher...the league is also experimenting with electronic balls and strikes....What next?

Valuist

EOG Master
Play against a wall with a painted strike zone. A pitcher, a hitter and an algorithm to determine batted balls. The game already is basically strikeouts, walks and home runs.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
That's even worse than the "start an automatic runner at second base at the start of every half inning when games go to extra innings" idea.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Why not let them steal 3rd? Instead of running to first, you run to 3rd, just like a little kid who doeasn't know what to do.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
have drones run the bases also up at second deck level for more runs and easire for fans up there to see some action.

kane

EOG master
This is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Let's say the ball gets by the catcher and the batter starts running to first base, but a third of the way he sees the catcher retrieve the ball and knows he'll be thrown out, can the batter then run back towards home plate, or once he starts toward first he's committed and can't go back

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
They also are allowing a foul bunt with two strikes count as a foul, not a K.
I will go to one of their games next week curious if delay on the balls/strike calls.