LeBron Trivia....

Heim

EOG Master
Name the two players in the 2002 LBJ draft that scored more than His Highness rookie year.

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
Name the two players in the 2002 LBJ draft that scored more than his highness rookie year.

LeBron was drafted in 2003, not 2002. I'll go with Melo and Bosh, if either of them are wrong, maybe Wade

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Magic Johnson and Wilt Chamberlain.

The Stilt on record for over 10k babes, I'd guess Magic eclipsed that easily.....

Both surely scored more than Brick..

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Name the two players in the 2002 LBJ draft that scored more than his highness rookie year.

Is this a trick question? I'm looking at 67 names in that draft and I don't think there are two who scored more; I know Melo did and I'm sure Bosh didn't and pretty sure Wade didn't but those guys are the most likely suspects.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Wade averaged a shade over 16 in his rookie season. Melo edged Lebron by a tenth of a point but there is not a second player to be found on the leading scorer stat sheet.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I always felt when LeBron and Carmelo played one another that neither one was interested in defending one another.

Maybe a secret pact to not embarrass one another.

Hmmm...

kane

EOG master
I always felt when LeBron and Carmelo played one another that neither one was interested in defending one another.

Maybe a secret pact to not embarrass one another.

Hmmm...

John, if there was a secret pact, I can promise you it was Melo that pushed for it. Here's the thing, when LeBron was in his prime and really wanted to, he could shut down Melo, on the other hand, Melo would embarrass himself trying to guard LeBron, Lebron would make him look silly,

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
John, if there was a secret pact, I can promise you it was Melo that pushed for it. Here's the thing, when LeBron was in his prime and really wanted to, he could shut down Melo, on the other hand, Melo would embarrass himself trying to guard LeBron, Lebron would make him look silly,

Agree.

I remember when the two were working out together before the 2003 NBA Draft.

Carmelo was spotted asking LeBron, "How old are you really?"

Never liked Carmelo's one-way game.

All offense, defense was an afterthought.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
melo was good on offense .. wade was better overall player. LeBron best of the 3

Wade was too wild with his body early in his career.

Flying all over the place for loose balls.

Today's athletes are more measured and for good reason.

Why risk hundreds of millions of dollars for one possession in a meaningless regular-season game?

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Agree.

I remember when the two were working out together before the 2003 NBA Draft.

Carmelo was spotted asking LeBron, "How old are you really?"

Never liked Carmelo's one-way game.

All offense, defense was an afterthought.

Melo shoulda been a Piston. They took Darko LMAO

kane

EOG master
Wade was too wild with his body early in his career.

Flying all over the place for loose balls.

Today's athletes are more measured and for good reason.

Why risk hundreds of millions of dollars for one possession in a meaningless regular-season game?

He really had no choice, he was a young guy trying to make his way in the league and establish himself, and remember, the early part of his career he didn't have a jump shot, he couldn't stay on the perimeter and shoot jumpers, for him to be effective he had to take it to the rim, and he got knocked down a lot, always picking himself off the floor after getting fouled, but that's the way he had to play, as his career went on he worked hard on his outside shot and eventually established a reliable jump shot, so the latter part of his career he was able to rely on his jumper rather than taking everything hard to the rim. Wade could have easily played another season or two, even players around the league were urging him to stick around, but he wanted to go out knowing he still had something left in his gas tank, everyone remembers Willie Mays at the end of his career, it was great Wade was able to leave the game on his own terms.

Heim

EOG Master
Still waiting for the answer.

This was a trivia question on the NBA TV summer league broadcast a few nights ago. Their answer from
the 2002 draft was Amare and Carlos Boozer. But looking at Boozer's ppg his rookie year he didn't have
more total points than LBJ rookie season.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
This was a trivia question on the NBA TV summer league broadcast a few nights ago. Their answer from
the 2002 draft was Amare and Carlos Boozer. But looking at Boozer's ppg his rookie year he didn't have
more total points than LBJ rookie season.

Gotcha. I started going through the 03 class yesterday and got through about 30 guys cause I was curious to know the answer and gave up becuase most of the remaining guys I had never heard of. Confirmed that Melo did score more and Wade and Bosh didn't. I think they fucked up the question, no big deal but as a world renowned LBJ expert :), I felt this newsworthy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
He really had no choice, he was a young guy trying to make his way in the league and establish himself, and remember, the early part of his career he didn't have a jump shot, he couldn't stay on the perimeter and shoot jumpers, for him to be effective he had to take it to the rim, and he got knocked down a lot, always picking himself off the floor after getting fouled, but that's the way he had to play, as his career went on he worked hard on his outside shot and eventually established a reliable jump shot, so the latter part of his career he was able to rely on his jumper rather than taking everything hard to the rim. Wade could have easily played another season or two, even players around the league were urging him to stick around, but he wanted to go out knowing he still had something left in his gas tank, everyone remembers Willie Mays at the end of his career, it was great Wade was able to leave the game on his own terms.

I hate when KANE comes over the top and scores multiple winning points.

Dammit.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This bungled trivia question reminds me of a time at the old Las Vegas Hilton when I was working a Scramble puzzle in the newspaper.

I could not decode one of the four words.

Most of the words are simple but this particular word had me stumped.

I don't remember the six-letter word now but I showed it to Richard Witt of the New York Post, who was visiting Las Vegas at the time.

Witt is one of the smartest guys around and he knows it.

He also failed to unscramble the six letters.

To which Witt looked at me and said, "They make mistakes too."

That was 25 years ago and the quote sticks with me today.

Last edited: