Winkyduck Update

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Much respect to you WInky for your guts and determination.You are winning slowly but surely.A cyber handshake and smile from this corner goes your way.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Winky, congrats on your fight. Inspiring.

What could someone send u that would really brighten your day? An old music album, maybe?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winky, congrats on your fight. Inspiring.

What could someone send u that would really brighten your day? An old music album, maybe?

As far as what will happen after my last Cycle, which should end around late July..............once that is over and I rest for 2-3 weeks I will need to start PT on a continual basis to get back my strength and energy as well as stamina. No idea if I will officiate this season - I will worry about that later.

What could someone send? Easy question. JK did it as have others...................CARDS!

I have received over 2 Dozen cards from my incredible support staff. Going to the mailbox and seeing someone took time out of their day to buy a card, write something nice on it and then mail it means a whoooooooooooole lot.

If anyone cares: Better Value c/o Erik/18030 Brookhurst Street #583/Fountain Valley CA 92708

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Hoag called

They have a bed available so...........off I go. I will (almost certainly) be there until Saturday morning for Cycle #5 of 6

UGH!

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Uses his sickness to push some ridiculous political agenda....

Smart move Winky.

Pre-existing conditions are safe regardless who's in office. That's what is most likely.

Hoped we could go one thread without all the bitterness and hatred, apparently not.

Your attitude is way to casual. Pre-existing conditions were under attack when the RepubliCONS controlled both branches of the house. You ever hear of John McCain and his thumbs down. Coverage of pre-existing conditions were single handily saved because of John McCain. Trump hates John McCain because of his famous thumbs down at 2 in the morning. Prior to Obamacare, pre-existing conditions weren't covered. And that's where most RepubliCONS want to return.

Pat is trafficking misinformation!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Your attitude is way to casual. Pre-existing conditions were under attack when the RepubliCONS controlled both branches of the house. You ever hear of John McCain and his thumbs down. Coverage of pre-existing conditions were single handily saved because of John McCain. Trump hates John McCain because of his famous thumbs down at 2 in the morning. Prior to Obamacare, pre-existing conditions weren't covered. And that's where most RepubliCONS want to return.

It's pretty obvious that the healthcare system is broken, starting with insurance. Start with the investigations there.

After Obamacare, I was dropped and never used it, outstanding system.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I disagree.Healthcare is better than it has ever been and the people/entities providing the care are being paid for their services. It will keep getting better with increased technology. Medicine will improve with new research as companies get paid for new Medicine they research and invent.

I have helped over a 100 families get a subsidy/insurance through the marketplace. It took expertise on my part to get it done for them. I had to find them to get it done. It is too difficult for people to do it themselves. It is the delivery system of the marketplace and awareness and willpower to have insurance on behalf of the people. It is too much trouble to fight for, I guess. This is one thing that is to the benefit of a lot of citizens.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Go Play in Traffic!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I disagree.Healthcare is better than it has ever been and the people/entities providing the care are being paid for their services. It will keep getting better with increased technology. Medicine will improve with new research as companies get paid for new Medicine they research and invent.

I have helped over a 100 families get a subsidy/insurance through the marketplace. It took expertise on my part to get it done for them. I had to find them to get it done. It is too difficult for people to do it themselves. It is the delivery system of the marketplace and awareness and willpower to have insurance on behalf of the people. It is too much trouble to fight for, I guess. This is one thing that is to the benefit of a lot of citizens.

Trump, RepubliCONS and the DOJ have taken to the Federal Courts to have Obamacare repealed. They're asking the courts to dismantle Obamacare because it's unconstitutional. Anyone that says the RepubliCONS aren't attacking pre-existing conditions is clueless. Pat?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...18281788/doj-obamacare-unconstitutional-trump

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
The science of it is there. The insurance companies have to show each year in each state how much premium was collected and how much in claims are paid out plus the other expenses. The private pay system for health care cannot exist without subsidy help from the government. The same thing can be said about federal crop insurance , flood insurance, medicare Part D
Could not make it without help from the government.

I can see why some people rebelled about having to buy insurance or pay a penalty. But, that same person thinks that if they become sick or injured they should still get medical care but not have to pay for it. They want to pay zero, nada, zilch.

Taxes are not fair. We get taxed many different ways. None of them are fair and equitable to everybody. But, we need schools, roads, law enforcement, etc. Healthcare may not be fair to everybody but at least if someone needs medical care they are getting it. How else can it be done and still get medical care for every citizen? People that make more money pay more taxes - that is the way it is.

Maybe, there is a better way but, at the very least let's see precisely what it is before any decisions are made or destroy the current plan we have until there is another one ready to go.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Update

Cycle #5 ended Saturday morning around 10A

I felt good until around 2A Sat Morning. EXTREME nausea hit and hit hard. I did not touch my breakfast. Mom/Dad took me home and I slept in a reclining chair in their room since I was told sitting upright made nausea easier to deal with. Did not eat a thing all day and barely drank water and I need to drink a lot of water every day.

Woke up Sunday feeling slightly better. Had some ice cream and a smoothie for meals and some water

Woke up today feeling better. Showered for the first time in a week. I stunk so bad it wasn't funny but nothing I can do. Got a White Blood Cell Injection shot. Came home and drank lots of water. My first week out I need to take a 2-4 hour nap every day. Eating some real food today

If all goes well, 4 weeks from today, July 29 I WILL BE DONE! Actually around 10A on Saturday July 27 I should be able to check out of Hoag for the final time on this multi-month nightmare journey from HELL!!!!!!

I figure I have gained/lost well over 100 pounds with at least another 25+ to be added to the total

All I tell myself is: One day closer to August 13. When I take 9 other family members out for a very nice and expensive dinner. That is how I get thru this

...............and after hearing the tragic news of Tyler Skaggs today..............I realize how truly fortunate I am

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Update Time.
On Wed July 10 when I saw my Doc he said the White Blood Cell count was good. He asked if the next Wednesday (July 17 - yesterday) if all went well did I want to go in early. Like Thursday, today, instead of waiting until Monday the 22nd?
I said "YES." I gotta go in 1 last time so might as well be done with it as soon as possible.
I saw him yesterday and my WBC was 10+ when all I needed was 4+.
Hoag JUST called. They have a bed/room available and Mom will be happy since I got her FAVE room. Dad and I are heading out in a few minutes.
If all goes well by 10A (PDT) on Tuesday July 23 MY NIGHTMARE JOURNEY FROM HELL WILL BE OVER!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
UPDATE!

I AM HOME!

NO MORE MOTHERFUCKING CHEMO!

I JUUUUUUUUST completed by 6th - and damn well BETTER BE MY LAST CHEMO SESSION!

I just completed: 6, 5-day sessions getting blasted by Chemo for about 100 hours. Seriously

I am VERY: Tired, Weak, Gaunt and Thankfully......only slightly nauseous

I CANNOT begin to thank each and every one of you for the incredible amount of support you all have been. It was needed more than you will ever know.

Looking forward to resuming a somewhat normal life in the next few months and driving for the first time since mid-February

I can't believe what I just accomplished!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
good going wink. Eat some food. step up the betting.

(y)

Already ate more than usual first day home

Small cup of Vanilla Ice Cream
2 small brownie pieces
1 Oscar Meyer "Egg Bites" at Costco. 3 eggs, ham and cheese. Just what I need to be eating - lots of protein

Who knows how I will hold up tonight. TMI - but I sleep with a barf bucket by my side and have for 5+months

As for betting.........NOTHING "real" until I no longer have "Chemo Brain" - for now only "bets" made here since I do not trust myself to put anything real on anything coming between my ears

MrTop

EOG Master
chemo is a lot tougher than radiation which I had. My next bout if in the same spot will be different treatment. All you can do is do what the doctor says and do some reading up on it and take it easy.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
chemo is a lot tougher than radiation which I had. My next bout if in the same spot will be different treatment. All you can do is do what the doctor says and do some reading up on it and take it easy.

Chemo is a DEADLY TOXIN that Fucks with your mind as much or more than your body.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Great to hear, Winky!

You’ve fought the good fight and you’re here now on the other side.

Here’s to you getting back out on the hardwood in your zebra stripes this coming winter!