WNBA 2019

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Ok boys, both Chicago and Vegas ladies playing at home as decided chalks, got to be some opinions floating around.

I'm leaning Vegas game UNDER 156- and it appears total has drifted up a point or two.

When all else is lost look dog and under. :)

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
How much confidence do the Fever really have right now?

I like under 159 in that game. They cant go toe to toe with the scoring of the Sky. They will try to d it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bet the Dodger game UNDER 8.5.

Currently 2-0 in the second inning.

Only watching today's WNBA action.

Could not find anything I liked.

Five WNBA games left before the All-Star game.

Three on Tuesday and two on Wednesday.

choslamshe

EOG Master
After watching the WNBA best team (Mystics) demolish Atlanta today, it really hit me how bad the offenses are this year. Whether some of the key stars being out throughout the league is to blame, there is such a lack of creativity with offensive sets and so few players are able to create anything on their own.

I dunno...been an ugly year for the league

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The ladies this season are shooting less than 42% from the field, that's the worst field-goal percentage since 2003.

Heim

EOG Master
Fowles missed 3 bunnies at the rim today.....Gals miss too many close ones. No power moves to the rim.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fowles missed 3 bunnies at the rim today.....Gals miss too many close ones. No power moves to the rim.

Pitiful.

And they wonder why men turn their back on the product.

Pointspread hijinks in the final seconds of the Lynx-Aces game when Tamera Young decides to turn left on a breakaway layup with five seconds left in the game and dribble out the clock.

Final score: Las Vegas Aces 79 Minnesota Lynx 74.

Las Vegas closed a 5.5 or 6-point favorite, depending on the shop.

Heim

EOG Master
The Aces run a very good high/low game. Naturally with Laimbeer as coach. But I doubt they can go far with Kelsey Plum
playing 33 minutes a game. Every guard in the league is quicker than her.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Aces run a very good high/low game. Naturally with Laimbeer as coach. But I doubt they can go far with Kelsey Plum
playing 33 minutes a game. Every guard in the league is quicker than her.

The Aces have to outscore opponents because they're not gritty enough on the defensive end.

Agree with assessment of Plum and Cambage takes off too many defensive possessions for my liking.

No A'ja Wilson today after she sprained her ankle in a loss in Seattle.

She was wearing a walking boot today at Mandalay Bay Events Center.

1563770438451.png

Heim

EOG Master
Nobody is talking about it but Colson (ankle) off the bench for Aces a decent loss.....good defender.

choslamshe

EOG Master
I like the Storm tonight (+5.5), think they can win SU quite easily if they bring the energy they play with at home.

Will be interesting to see if Jewel gets added minutes. She only played a handful last game as her first one back but she looked baruuuutal...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like the Storm tonight (+5.5), think they can win SU quite easily if they bring the energy they play with at home.

Will be interesting to see if Jewel gets added minutes. She only played a handful last game as her first one back but she looked baruuuutal...

The ladies are injured all the time.

The wide, child-bearing hips put a lot of pressure on their ankles and knees.

If the ladies are not fit, they obviously run a greater risk of getting hurt.

Post players are often the sloppiest players on the floor.

Big women.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Watching this Storm game. So tough to have money on these games. It's natural to expect execution like we get in the mens game, but the execution is so poor with the ladies. Any shot under duress is just pathetic to watch. Airballs, missed layups, terrible turnovers....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good point, Cho.

The ladies have a hard time doing anything in a hurry.

And forget about half-court or three-quarter court heaves at the end of a quarter.

The pros in the NBA are great at getting it close with long-range bombs.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And what's more disturbing about the WNBA: Only 12 players on 12 teams.

These are supposed to be the best players in the world.

Imagine if the NBA were comprised of only 144 players, not 450.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'd love to know how much Kathy Englebert the first WNBA commish is making?

Englebert's job is too short the ladies in the next collective bargaining agreement.

The WNBA Players Association needs to hire Megan Rapinoe to shame the league.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Final score: Las Vegas 79 Seattle 62.

Big second half for the Aces.

Favorites went 3-0 tonight straight-up and against the spread.

I fell for the Fever +5.5 tonight.

Sheesh!

choslamshe

EOG Master
Natasha Howard was taken out of the game 4 min in due to 2 fouls. Seattle hung in until late in the 3rd but they've relied on Howard's grit and energy all year which she couldn't give them tonight.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The WNBA All-Star Game is today.

Team Delle Donne -2.5 over Team Wilson.

The total is 233.5.

Here are a couple of notes from an AP story:

LAS VEGAS -- The WNBA is adding a few experimental rules to the All-Star Game on Saturday.

The teams will play with a 20-second shot clock instead of the usual 24. The shorter shot clock shouldn't be a major issue because it's an All-Star Game and the pace of play is extremely quick to begin with. The league also is adding a hockey-style live substitution rule. Each team will be allowed once per quarter to have a player sub in on offense. The substitution may be made only by the team on offense, and a player can't substitute for the person holding the ball. There will be a check-in spot near midcourt on the sideline where the player checking into the game must stand. The player leaving the court must tag the player coming in to prevent more than five players being on the court at any time.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Did not bet.

Rules are queer.

No comment on the players.

A friend offered a suggestion for next year's All-Star game: Straight girls versus Gay girls.

Heim

EOG Master
Statement game for Sparks tonight over Aces....and still not at full strength.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Sparks 76 Aces 68.

Las Vegas managed only eight fourth-quarter points.

L.A.'s trio of Chelsea Gray, Nneka Ogwumike and a healthy Candace Parker is formidable.

With the injury to A'ja Wilson, Carolyn Swords was forced to play 15 minutes.

Not good for Las Vegas.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
If you saw the postgame interview with Nneke & Candace....team focused on getting a playoff double bye.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If you saw the postgame interview with Nneke & Candace....team focused on getting a playoff double bye.

I missed it.

In a season void of big-time stars, the Sparks have three quality players in Chelsea, Nneka and Candace.

Chiney Ogwumike has been something of a disappointment.

Heim

EOG Master
Hard to believe Mystic a 9 point fav in PHO lost by 21 on Sunday. PHO with only 8 players. WAS had no answer for Griner.

Doubt anyone wants PHO in playoffs if and when everyone is back.

Last edited: