The bad beat bin

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member
And the way it happened. Chapman blows a 3-1 lead. Was still only 3-2 two outs and a man on second. Wild pitch sends him to third. Another wild pitch and he scores. 3-3. Ok still alive. Tampa then single, single and a walk to load the bases. Now time to root for TB to score and end this. Anything except a grand slam. Now of course Chapman got the strikeout he needed before. Ok, extra innings but still good chance,to stay under. Nope. 5 run top of the 10th. Add one more irrelevant run bottom 10th.

Yes, I needed the under. Lot of tough beats lately. Onward and upward hopefully.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Knicks over 175, in game total was 217 when earthquake post poned game with 9 min left.

Since game, 80-74, was stopped at 7:53 into 4Q, only 35 minutes needed to be played. So only 2 minutes 53 seconds short of official. Game would have probably gone under if only 3 more minutes were played.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Tuesday

Dodgers/Rockies.......9-3 after 4 on a 14

Rox score in B9. ONLY RUN L5 innings sees game end 9-4 and UNDER 14 when 2 after 4

OUCH!

kane

EOG master
Tuesday

Dodgers/Rockies.......9-3 after 4 on a 14

Rox score in B9. ONLY RUN L5 innings sees game end 9-4 and UNDER 14 when 2 after 4

OUCH!

I rarely play any games in Colorado, it's almost a different sport, a game in Colorado is totaled 14, the same game in LA would be at 8, I never know what to expect in that ballpark

cheapseats

EOG Master
Hey birdie, you see where pajama boy gov. In ca signed bill to limit high school football practice. Can't be good, left ruining this now, too.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Red Socks/Evil Empire 4-2 after 1 on 10

7.5 innings later game ends same score as after 1

Pretty BAD BEAT to have 6 after 1 then 0 after that on a 10

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Reds up 3-0 on Braves headed to B9 on a................9

Acuna ties it at 3 in B9

In the 10th, Reds put up 3 and Braves put up 1

6-4 F

OUCH!

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
A moment of silence for those under 79.5 bettors last night in Houston U/Oklahoma. I was fortunate to be on the lucky side for a rare instance, but for others, it Hurts ( no pun intended).

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Warwinka +6 games and +400. Up 6-4, 7-5, 2-1. Djoker just had his serve broken. Djoker then quits. All my bets were canceled.

kane

EOG master
The Mets entered the bottom of the ninth with a 10-4 lead, the Nats scored 7 runs to win 11-10

Valuist

EOG Master
I remember hearing a story Andrew Beyer told about a pick 6 bettor in southern California. The pool was well into 6 figures and this guy liked some moderate longshots on the card. This was years ago, before app betting or phone betting. The guy had an important meeting at work in the afternoon, so he would have to go to the track at lunch to bet his pick six tickets. Perfect weather; fast main track and firm turf. The guy is able to periodically get race results from local radio. After 4 races, he's alive and correctly used a $40 horse and a $30 horse. But he is shocked when they announce there's 4 late scratches in the finale, including 3 of his selections, so he will only have one of "his" horses and will automatically get the racetime favorite. What could cause the scratches? There was no rain anywhere near the area. He calls up the track and finds out that the sprinkler system broke and flooded the grass course, causing the final race to get taken off the turf. He ends up hitting race 5 and will be alive to the favorite and one other horse. When the time comes to hear the results of the finale, the signal for the radio starts to fade. He needs either the chalk or one other horse. He hears the winner pays $6.00 and the horse he liked runs second then the signal went bad. Was the $6 winner the favorite? Maybe; the field scratched down to a much smaller size so it's possible the winner could've been second choice. In any event, it turns out the winner wasn't the betting favorite by less than $250, so he didn't back into the pick six. He ended with a measly consolation instead of a 6 figure score.

MrTop

EOG Master
I had howard vs maryland lost 79-0 bad beat. ... but what was important I beat the closing line

:rolleyes:

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I remember hearing a story Andrew Beyer told about a pick 6 bettor in southern California. The pool was well into 6 figures and this guy liked some moderate longshots on the card. This was years ago, before app betting or phone betting. The guy had an important meeting at work in the afternoon, so he would have to go to the track at lunch to bet his pick six tickets. Perfect weather; fast main track and firm turf. The guy is able to periodically get race results from local radio. After 4 races, he's alive and correctly used a $40 horse and a $30 horse. But he is shocked when they announce there's 4 late scratches in the finale, including 3 of his selections, so he will only have one of "his" horses and will automatically get the racetime favorite. What could cause the scratches? There was no rain anywhere near the area. He calls up the track and finds out that the sprinkler system broke and flooded the grass course, causing the final race to get taken off the turf. He ends up hitting race 5 and will be alive to the favorite and one other horse. When the time comes to hear the results of the finale, the signal for the radio starts to fade. He needs either the chalk or one other horse. He hears the winner pays $6.00 and the horse he liked runs second then the signal went bad. Was the $6 winner the favorite? Maybe; the field scratched down to a much smaller size so it's possible the winner could've been second choice. In any event, it turns out the winner wasn't the betting favorite by less than $250, so he didn't back into the pick six. He ended with a measly consolation instead of a 6 figure score.

I got one better. Cost this guy I know 600k. Watch Jaramillo jump off at wire

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
.............anyone who had the Mariners either on the ML or RL last night

UP 7-0 after T2 as a +230ish dog, UP 8-5 in B8, UP 9-8 in B12 and then Astros get a 2-run R in B13 to win by 2

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member
Opposite of a bad beat, an incredibly lucky win. Gil Alexander of VSiN had a 3 team parlay, one game I forget, but also had Houston in the game Winky just described, and Oakland against the Angels that night. They were down 6-1 in the 7th and scored 7, mainly as a result of 5 consecutive walks issued by Angel pitchers. Overcame 7 run AND 5 run deficits in two different games to win the parlay. Living right.

Valuist

EOG Master
Had Georgia State/Western Michigan Over 69. Keep in mind, the weak Michigan St offense hung 51 on WMU last week, and WMU can score. It's 43-10 WMU at halftime. Then Georgia St just goes into the fetal position on offense, and WMU just sits on the ball. Final? WMU 57-10. Just further evidence to avoid betting overs.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Had Georgia State/Western Michigan Over 69. Keep in mind, the weak Michigan St offense hung 51 on WMU last week, and WMU can score. It's 43-10 WMU at halftime. Then Georgia St just goes into the fetal position on offense, and WMU just sits on the ball. Final? WMU 57-10. Just further evidence to avoid betting overs.
To make it worse it opened at 66 and was bet up all week, so you got the worst of the line. I passed on it because of the move.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Had the under in Florida /Kentucky...Florida was just running out the clock....75 yard run with .30 was a dagger

kane

EOG master
Had the under in Florida /Kentucky...Florida was just running out the clock....75 yard run with .30 was a dagger

The worst part about it is the kid from Florida messed up by scoring, he should have gone down as soon as he got the first down, there were only about 40 seconds left and KY had 1 TO, if he falls down the game is over, but by scoring that gave the Gators an 8 point lead with KY getting the ball back, and we've all seen enough crazy shit to know anything can happen. After the TD Mullen went over to him and had a brief chat, I have to think he was telling him he should have gone down after getting the first down

kane

EOG master
Not a bad beat yet, but I have a future on Yasiel Puig Over 24.5 HR's, he's been sitting on 24 for a long time so I finally looked up how long it's been since he last homered, he hasn't hit a homer in his last 30 games, and it's not like he's in a slump, he's getting his hits, he's hitting .300 since Cleveland traded for him, but for whatever reason this fucking guy can't leave the park, the Indians have 9 games left, if he doesn't hit one out, that means I needed 1 HR in his last 39 games and ended up losing

MrTop

EOG Master
Not a bad beat yet, but I have a future on Yasiel Puig Over 24.5 HR's, he's been sitting on 24 for a long time so I finally looked up how long it's been since he last homered, he hasn't hit a homer in his last 30 games, and it's not like he's in a slump, he's getting his hits, he's hitting .300 since Cleveland traded for him, but for whatever reason this fucking guy can't leave the park, the Indians have 9 games left, if he doesn't hit one out, that means I needed 1 HR in his last 39 games and ended up losing

the trade might of got ya. The season is not over... still active.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Anyone who had Houston +5 Thursday against Tulane

SVP referenced how bad a beat it was. This is one of the worst ever - getting 7 and UP 21 in 2Q, 14 at 1/2-time and then to have the game end the way it did............

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I think you get there because Indians have meaningful games the rest of the season so he should get at least 1. I say he gets 2 and finishes with 26. But MrTop is right. Without the trade you already have this won

kane

EOG master
I think you get there because Indians have meaningful games the rest of the season so he should get at least 1. I say he gets 2 and finishes with 26. But MrTop is right. Without the trade you already have this won

That's what I've been saying to myself the last month, and yeah, without the trade he's likely already Over, but they traded for Franmil Reyes the same time as Puig, and Reyes has 8 with the Tribe, and let's be honest, if I need 1 HR in a player's last 39 games it doesn't matter where he's playing, how do you not hit 1 HR in a quarter of the season? Still 9 games to go, but I went from a sure thing to a sweat

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
That's what I've been saying to myself the last month, and yeah, without the trade he's likely already Over, but they traded for Franmil Reyes the same time as Puig, and Reyes has 8 with the Tribe, and let's be honest, if I need 1 HR in a player's last 39 games it doesn't matter where he's playing, how do you not hit 1 HR in a quarter of the season? Still 9 games to go, but I went from a sure thing to a sweat

Last 9 games - 3 each against:

Philly (Home)
White Soxes (Away)
Natinals (Away)

Think he gets it in Chicago