Random notes and thoughts

kane

EOG master
Kane I see Martell didn’t get the starting nod at the U

Yeah, I'm disappointed he didn't win the job, looks like he may never live up to his potential. The guy he lost out to is Jarren Williams, he's a highly regarded dual threat QB out of Georgia, Manny Diaz said Williams passing ability is what gave him the edge, but I have a feeling at some point Martell will get a shot, I'm not sold on Williams, but we'll see how he plays. He'll be thrown into the fire immediately getting the start against Florida, don't know how long of a leash he has though. The Canes are pretty solid, they have a lot of talent, the problem is and has been the QB position, they have top 10 talent, but for them to achieve that type of success they need consistent play from the QB position, something they haven't had since the Ken Dorsey days.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
The Phillies fire their pitching coach and hire their ex manager Charlie Manuel.
In his first game
In the first three innings
They score ten runs.
A nice start in his new role.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
Kane I see Martell didn’t get the starting nod at the U

I heard an interview the other day with one of the Canes beat writers, he said he's watched Martell in practice and he's the most inaccurate QB he's ever seen, and apparently Miami is now considering switching him to wide receiver. Fans down here were ecstatic when he transferred, it's been a long time since Miami has had a good QB, and if you're recruited by OSU, that's a good enough endorsement for me, but it looks like he just isn't good enough

kane

EOG master
There's a Canadian football game being played today, the game is at halftime, the score is 4-1, LOL

MrTop

EOG Master
S.F. Giants have the best one run record in MLB at 29-11 . However they have 4 more losses than the cubs in the W.C. race.

kane

EOG master
In the last 47 innings the Nationals have played, they've scored 62 runs on 72 hits and have hit 19 HR's

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
In the last 47 innings the Nationals have played, they've scored 62 runs on 72 hits and have hit 19 HR's

And the Pirates are hitting .148 over their last eight games.

I played UNDER 9 in tonight's game in Pittsburgh.

Washington plays a day game tomorrow at Wrigley.

Valuist

EOG Master
Note to MLB: get rid of the nicknames on the back of uniforms. This isn't a softball league for overweight wanna be athletes.

MrTop

EOG Master
Note to MLB: get rid of the nicknames on the back of uniforms. This isn't a softball league for overweight wanna be athletes.

100% agree . Not good for new fans in baseball. Rosters do not have nicknames . I do not like watching the game when the teams have almost the same color uniform or teams that have 16 different uniforms. The normal fan cannot keep up with it.

kane

EOG master
Was really looking forward to them in Chicago this weekend, but Corbin and Scherzer won’t pitch.

The Cubs were shut down today by Anibel Sanchez, I think the Nats are the only NL team that could beat the Dodgers, I thought the Cubs could beat them, but I don't trust their pitching

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The Cubs were shut down today by Anibel Sanchez, I think the Nats are the only NL team that could beat the Dodgers, I thought the Cubs could beat them, but I don't trust their pitching
All of their starters have pitched well - except Lester. Itll be a potential dilemma for Madden.

MrTop

EOG Master
if you put up all 4 games on MLB at one time....you don't know what game you are watching... silly idea

MrTop

EOG Master
I think the mets beat out the cubs for the wild card with the cardinals to win the central division. The cardinals just don't go away.