Interesting Jimmy Garoppolo story

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I met him while golfing in Illinois. He was in for a wedding over the summer. He said he felt great and felt San Francisco was going to the playoffs with big time conviction. I just laughed it off.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Lol. Chubb gone is probably the main reason the line is where its at.

Otherwise no way SF would be that big against Cleveland especially the way they've been playing.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I've been way off though. Nevermind. I thought the RB was out. That's Broncos that's out for year.

Ward expected not to play.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Thought I would spice up Monday might football. LOL. Not eventful but interesting enough. You have to remember he was coming back from injury. Not one soul predicted this 49er start. If you did, show me the proof.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I need a big day today.

Atlanta -1.5 +183. Value? I think so.

SF -5 -105

Believe SF smashes cleveland tonight. Sends them into oblivion.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Obviously Atlanta has a read on C.Martinez as well. He is toast. Not sure if hes tipping his pitches or what. Cardinals are fucked... you cant under any circumstances put him in the game today

MrTop

EOG Master
Obviously Atlanta has a read on C.Martinez as well. He is toast. Not sure if hes tipping his pitches or what. Cardinals are fucked... you cant under any circumstances put him in the game today

martinez could be tired ... without him cards are done

Valuist

EOG Master
Last year the Niners were hyped the way the Browns were this year. Expectations were too big and Jimmy G gets hurt. The Browns are realizing hype isn't a good thing.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I bet the Hoodie is kicking himself for letting Jimmy G go. If he had Jimmy G he might win another 5 super bowls......after he wins another two with Tom Brady.

kane

EOG master
I bet the Hoodie is kicking himself for letting Jimmy G go. If he had Jimmy G he might win another 5 super bowls......after he wins another two with Tom Brady.

I could be wrong, but I think Hoodie wanted to keep him, but Kraft wanted him traded

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I could be wrong, but I think Hoodie wanted to keep him, but Kraft wanted him traded
yes I know. I was referring to the Hoodie not putting his foot down and keeping Jimmy. I have heard that Mr. Rub and Tug wanted to keep the golden child happy and traded Jimmy to keep Tommy boy happy.

I think that Belly is going to want to keep coaching a few more years after Tommy retires just to win a super bowl without him to but a stamp on his career. He seems to have that type of drive to stick it up the naysayers.

Valuist

EOG Master
So now the Niners and Miami make a big trade. Miami trades the 3rd pick in the draft in exchange for the Niners 12th pick, their 3rd rounder, and 1st rounders in 2022 and 2024. Needless to say, the Niners didn't move all that to draft a linebacker. So they probably keep Jimmy G for one more year and then go with the newly drafted QB. The Bears, who now chase every QB, could release Dalton after the 2021 season, and go after the Arlington Heights native.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
So now the Niners and Miami make a big trade. Miami trades the 3rd pick in the draft in exchange for the Niners 12th pick, their 3rd rounder, and 1st rounders in 2022 and 2024. Needless to say, the Niners didn't move all that to draft a linebacker. So they probably keep Jimmy G for one more year and then go with the newly drafted QB. The Bears, who now chase every QB, could release Dalton after the 2021 season, and go after the Arlington Heights native.

The Bears going after an Arlington Heights native and possibly an Arlington Heights property.

Hmmm...

bobodad

EOG Addicted
3 team parlay +110 Bet365

St. Louis Blues -200
Boston Bruins (play Saturday) -360
Gonzaga Bulldogs -1000

boston massacre

EOG Master

Good Chance He is also Gone This Year, because of Salary.

25 Million.

Don't Think San Fran Wants To Pay 25 Million to a Guy, That They Don't Want.

We'll See How The Analysis Below Plays out.

Nothing prevents the 49ers from keeping Garoppolo and paying him the $25 million he’s due to earn this year. However, it would be stupid to do so. Nothing prevents another team from trading for Garoppolo’s contract and paying him $25 million this year. However, it would be stupid to do so.
The 49ers could keep Garoppolo at a dramatically reduced salary. They also could trade him, at a reduced salary.
With no guaranteed money vesting on April 1 and no roster bonuses due in the offseason and no other trigger forcing the 49ers to move quickly, time is on the 49ers’ side. Like the Raiders with tackle Trent Brown, the 49ers can tell Garoppolo and any interested team that they’ll just keep Garoppolo and cut him later. If another team wants him now, a deal can be done that would include compensation for the 49ers, a reduced salary for Garoppolo, and (quite possibly) an agreement to throw out the final season of his deal in 2022 and to make Garoppolo a free agent after the season.
Regardless, multiple past examples show us that the messages sent by the 49ers regarding their supposed desire to keep Garoppolo should not be believed. Every team wants to get value for every asset it has. A trade is always preferred to an outright release. Anything they get for Garoppolo is better than the nothing they’d get by cutting him.
Bottom line? No one is paying Garoppolo $25 million this year. The only question is whether he takes less to stay in San Francisco, whether he takes less to facilitate a trade, or whether he’s ultimately cut.