The NBA is the real loser after failing to send Zion to New York or L.A.

MrTop

EOG Master
Zion has yet to sign with an agent, if he wants he can return to Duke, so I guess we'll see if you're right or not

zion can demand a trade if he wants others have...steve francis, wilkins and kobe. This is why the draft doesn't mean anything.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
The knicks have sucked for the better part of 20 years, the fans still support them.

Exactly- their owner is a clueless dumpster fire, and the product he put out the past 20 years is beyond unwatchable, but the NY fans will still sell out the Garden every game.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Honestly, if you asked Zion today would you rather go back to Duke there is NO doubt in my mind he would.

So he would give up signing a rookie contract as the #1 pick, most likely signing a 100 million dollar contract with a sneaker company, and then eventually a max contract with some team, all to go back to college and dominate the same players again, and take a chance of tearing his achilles and becoming useless and worth nothing. Why would he do that? There's not a chance in hell that's even a thought in his mind.

MrTop

EOG Master
the knicks worth more than any NBA team. Rings will make your team increase value plus if you have a nice arena. Nobody will be taking the knicks out of the top spot anytime soon IMO.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Zion will get paid regardless even if he goes through motions in NO. It's the NBA. Everybody gets paid. He will earn around 45 million in his first 3 or 4 years. As long as he doesnt completely implode like Anthony Bennett, the guy will get paid.

You never know how a young guy will take to new scenery and environment but I'm guessing somebody like Zion isnt going to stick around just for the gumbo.

If you're NO, you need to trade the pick for the most you can now. It won't be a bad decision because this guy was never going to stay.

And who knows if AD got his claws on the kid..

kane

EOG master
Zion will get paid regardless even if he goes through motions in NO. It's the NBA. Everybody gets paid. He will earn around 45 million in his first 3 or 4 years. As long as he doesnt completely implode like Anthony Bennett, the guy will get paid.

You never know how a young guy will take to new scenery and environment but I'm guessing somebody like Zion isnt going to stick around just for the gumbo.

If you're NO, you need to trade the pick for the most you can now. It won't be a bad decision because this guy was never going to stay.

Suggesting they trade Zion is one of the dumbest things I've ever read, they'll have him for 5 years, if at the end of his contract he pulls an AD and says he wants out, you trade him then, but the thought that they should trade him now is laughable

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

The only rational explanation I can think of for your line of thinking is that you have some kind of personal bias against New Orleans. Did you get mugged on Bourbon Street once or something? Maybe alcohol poisoning on a Mardi Gras trip?

If New Orleans is such a horrible place to play, why not just fold/move the franchise?

Seriously, what is the point of the franchise even existing if no superstar wants to be there? It's doomed to endless mediocrity, right?

Anthony Davis didn't want out because he doesn't like New Orleans. He wants out because the previous incompetent management couldn't deal adequately with a slew of injuries year after year after year. Remember, this is a team that swept Portland in the 1st round last year, and that was missing DeMarcus Cousins.

Said incompetent management has been replaced. The fan base there will rabidly support a consistent winner, just like they do the Saints. They have a sense of loyalty found in few other markets in the country.

Last edited:

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It's simple physics too. That amount of weight when you're slashing, dunking, defending etc... is not good for your knees. This guy is done bro.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Not only now but he got injured as well in summer league. This guy has nothing but trouble written all over him health wise. The real action hasnt even begun.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Zion is done. This is his 2nd one already. In 3 years he will be out of the league.

NBA is going to destroy him.

Zion needs to drop 30-40 pounds. I hope you are wrong. Not sure you are. The longer he is out the more the Pelicans should just sit him the entire year and have him be 100% healthy in 2020-21

kane

EOG master
Zion needs to drop 30-40 pounds. I hope you are wrong. Not sure you are. The longer he is out the more the Pelicans should just sit him the entire year and have him be 100% healthy in 2020-21

Long term you're probably right, Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid missed their rookie years, the problem is selling it to your fan base and all those new season ticket holders

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Long term you're probably right, Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid missed their rookie years, the problem is selling it to your fan base and all those new season ticket holders

Here is what they can say: We care more about the long-term health of Zion than anything else. He is the cornerstone of our franchise and we want to make sure he is healthy for the next 10-15 years more than this season.

Here is what they mean: We wanna tank for another year so we can get another high draft choice and then really be good starting in 2020

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
When you see his body make up, its not reasonable to assume he can play 82 games in a season. He banged knees in the summer league and was withheld all summer. Preseason he has shown flashes but we all know the real thing is much different once season starts. He is getting banged up already at the age of 19 and hasnt tasted any type of genuine, gritty competition yet. I would have somebody follow this guy around everyday for the next year. Somebody nutritional, experienced, a trainer that essentially becomes a doppelganger to him. He needs to lose pounds now or his career is over before it began. He is going to be resting for the next 2 months, gaining more weight? Hell NO. Get this guy help now.

choslamshe

EOG Master
With the Knicks could somehow land him or one more "star" for that matter. One of the good stories of this season has been their turnaround. They play defense, Randle has become a mega-superstar, Barrett's ceiling looks to be raised a bit more after this year, and their role players are just fitting in perfectly right now. Will still be tough for them to win a playoff series but as a fan, exciting to see that if they could land one more star or impact player, they could make some noise...