Sure it's only opening night...

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
But the king at times has looked too disinterested, unaggressive, and remains too unselfish. You would think the acquisition of AD would motivate play. Clips on the other hand are more cohesive and are playing well on both sides of the ball

Heim

EOG Master
He can't play point. Obvious tonight. He slows down the offense with his indecisivness top of the key. Does he drive, shoot or pass? He's not fluid. Good open court but half court...

I hope they don't cut Rondo. They could use him.

Also missing Kuzma in a big way. No way they get contributions from Danny Green like this regularly. Clips look nice. Bench depth and everyone can defend and shoot.

Heim

EOG Master
It was a treat watching the Pelicans tonight. Ingram, Ball and Hart actually felt like they were part of a offense, not stuck in LeBron's world standing around watching.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
J.J. Redick and Nicolo Melli combined to hit 8-of-11 from behind the arc, yet the Pelicans lost by 8 in overtime.

The 2019-2020 NBA season starts with a miserable pointspread loss for underdog bettors.

kane

EOG master
J.J. Redick and Nicolo Melli combined to hit 8-of-11 from behind the arc, yet the Pelicans lost by 8 in overtime.

The 2019-2020 NBA season starts with a miserable pointspread loss for underdog bettors.

Overtime is not the friend of the Under or dog bettor

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I see the same ending with Lebron as Kobe. The Unibro superteam will be a bust. Superteams don't work anymore. Everybody does it. No reason for the Fakers to be a part of Lebron's long kiss goodbye. Should be clevfan. Thanks to Magic, another 5 years wasted.

Heim

EOG Master
Nobody is talking about the Denver Nuggets but they're only one of three teams to have 11 players log over one thousand minutes last season. They're experienced & feed off each other well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Nuggets 108 Blazers 100.

So much for Portland's 18-game winning streak in home openers.

Nikola Jokic is an NBA superstar and not many followers are aware of his sweet nickname ("Big Honey").

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Nobody is talking about the Denver Nuggets but they're only one of three teams to have 11 players log over one thousand minutes last season. They're experienced & feed off each other well.

Head coach Michael Malone highlighted his team's depth after the solid road win.

jimmythegreek

Final score: Nuggets 108 Blazers 100.

So much for Portland's 18-game winning streak in home openers.

Nikola Jokic is an NBA superstar and not many followers are aware of his sweet nickname ("Big Honey").
Good range on his jumper, a nice post presence, a great rebounder and above average shot blocker, and the big man can certainly dish. Got off to a slow start last night but ended up with a good game.

jimmythegreek

I am loving the banter and debate on First Take this morning. Already I'm getting excited if he and the Lakers once again underachieve in a season that demands high results.

Heim

EOG Master
I know it's only one game but that Westbrook/Harden thing just ain't gonna work. Harden had 14 assists last night and let
Westbrook take over in 2H however he's not a good enough shooter to do it. Four knee surgeries later guy just ain't the
same. As much as I don't like CP3...he was a better complement to James. And does just about everything more efficient
than Westbrook.

Heim

EOG Master
Oh geez....I really think Brandon Ingram is going to be a All-star. Trade looking better every day for Pelicans. If Lonzo could only shoot.

MrTop

EOG Master
Lakers took their comedy act to dallas 1st quarter... .. this is road game #2 ...lost to clip on the road

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Tough-to-stomach loss if you had the Mavs.

Shame on Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle for butchering the end game.

jimmythegreek

It's players like Kristaps Porzingins, the Ivan Drago of the NBA, that make my stomach turn I don't want to hear him ever mentioned in the same sentence as Dirk Nowitzki, not even by the shoe shining booth.

Valuist

EOG Master
Teams have really changed their approach with back to backs. Now, most teams starters don't total 150 minutes in first game, so the no rest angle seems lessened. Also think fatigue in Oct and Nov not a big factor.

jimmythegreek

Injuries this evening to Green and Russell. The former out at least a few games. That's now 5 key players lost in a span of what. 8 games? At this rate we may need to recruit the cheerleaders for point guard.

Heim

EOG Master
I must be missing something with PHO. Arguably the best team in East only opens -2 and PHO being bet. Maybe another
sleeper in the West better than the Lakers. :)

kane

EOG master
I must be missing something with PHO. Arguably the best team in East only opens -2 and PHO being bet. Maybe another
sleeper in the West better than the Lakers. :)

I don't get the line either, I know Embiid is out, but so is Ayton, I thought this line would be much higher, I'll end up on the Suns tonight for sure

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
You guys haven’t watched the suns? They look great.. playing as a team and have real cohesiveness. Might end up being a top 6 team in the west. I love that how undervalued they are

6-0 against the spread.... lost to Denver by 1 as 12 pt dogs... beat clippers straight up as 10 pt dogs... beat GS as 5 point dogs.. and lost by 1 to Utah as 5 point dogs

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
But the king at times has looked too disinterested, unaggressive, and remains too unselfish. You would think the acquisition of AD would motivate play. Clips on the other hand are more cohesive and are playing well on both sides of the ball

KL so much better than Brick at this point it's not even funny.

AD as well.