Trubisky and the Bears or BJ and the Bears?

blueline

EOG Master
PHILADELPHIA — It didn’t seem possible, but the Bears offense reached a new low Sunday: Before a drive that started with 1:03 to play in the first half, they had -10 total yards on 15 offensive plays. One of those yards came on a run play.

They went into halftime with nine yards on 20 plays. Eight were rushing yards, while quarterback’s 24 passing yards were all-but-negated by a loss of 23 on three sacks.

Trubisky looks rattled. He over-threw tight end Trey Burton by 20 yards down the seam. His best throw of the half, down the left sideline to Allen Robinson, was ruled incomplete when the receiver’s left foot landed out of bounds.

Running back Tarik Cohen has two dropped passes, and the Bears have two offensive penalties.

Because of flags an ineptitude, the Bears faced: second-and-14, third-and-14, first-and-20, first-and-15, second-and-11, first-and-15, second-and-15 and third-and-12.

The Bears got their first, first down of the game with 48 seconds left in the first half. Trubisky scrambled left for seven yards and a first down, and got 15 more yards when safety Andrew Sendejo hit him after he slid. The seven-yard run was the Bears’ longest play of the half. The Bears later punted.

The franchise record for fewest yards in a game is 24 against the Lions on Nov. 22, 1981.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
You genuinely feel like they're down 28 but the scoreboard only reads 12 to 0. Philly did everything they could to give Trubisky life right before half and he still couldn't deliver. Somebody like Foles drops dimes to Robinson on the sideline. Drops a dime to Cohen there right before half. Guys with experience in this league just do. Its such a mind fuck on a above average defense to have your offense perform like this. It fucks with your mind.

I dont know what else to say. Trubisky does make plays with legs, maybe he can be very successful with a 2 qb system like Brees/Hill.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
When you're down 3 scores your play absolutely does not matter. Trubisky can NOT be judged on his play when his team is down by so much.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
This type of shit is exactly what I'm talking about.

To me its garbage time already because Philly knows they can do whatever they want from here on out barring turnovers.

kane

EOG master
The Bears traded 4 picks to move up and take Trubisky with the second pick, how could anyone have watched him and Deshaun Watson play in college and determine Trubisky was the better QB

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Just cut the head off the snake now. Admit you fucked up and get Teddy Bridgewater or somebody competent to find your speedy WRs on a consistent basis.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I think Bridgewater and maybe even Andy would do better because the problem I see is guys are getting open and Trubisky just isnt connecting. He has no confidence or understanding of how to play the game at this level, at least starting. There are too many plays left for dead due to Trubisky inaccuracy. Way too many. He gets flustered too easy. Even Andy would hit these speedsters on this offense.

I just know it.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Tyler Boyd leading WR for Cincy. Joe Mixon at RB. Get out of here. Straight up trash without Green. I would get him if I was Chicago. I really would. He would execute Nagys offense and being up for most of a game would dramatically change the entire team. After the way crap went down you know you're going to get somebody with major points to prove next season.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Also Green is probably gone. He wants out too. Dalton has playing so long with him that I would bet any money wherever he goes, Green goes.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Andy Dalton is garbage. He may or may not be be slighty sweeter smelling garbage than Mitch, but he's still garbage. If you replace garbage with garbage, you're still gonna have garbage. Teddy a different story, a healthy Cam a different story. There are other guys Chicago should look at way before even thinking of Andy Dalton.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Somebody other than Trubisky!!. In my opinion you go with experience. You cant keep throwing a QB who cant read shit, throws off his back feet multiple times a game, scrambling is his best quality, inaccurate, looks scared.

How the flying fuck can you explain almost going entire half without a 1st down in today's NFL? Its beyond scary. It's actually frightening.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Just not talented enough. It all started Thursday night against GB. Those are games you win with a competent QB. Chargers. Today are games you win with experience. He doesn't need to be the best. He just needs an understanding and accuracy.

Fitzpatrick has been in this league a million years because he is reliable and understands how to read defenses.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Just not talented enough. It all started Thursday night against GB. Those are games you win with a competent QB. Chargers. Today are games you win with experience. He doesn't need to be the best. He just needs an understanding and accuracy.

Fitzpatrick has been in this league a million years because he is reliable and understands how to read defenses.
He's also been in the playoffs as a starting QB zero years among his million years in the league, and has a record of 50-79 as a starter. More garbage. If the Bears move on from Mitch, they have to do better, and better will available.

High Times

EOG Master
He's also been in the playoffs as a starting QB zero years among his million years in the league, and has a record of 50-79 as a starter. More garbage. If the Bears move on from Mitch, they have to do better, and better will available.

All I can say is somebody has to start for these bad NFL teams and guys like Fitzpatrick doesn't shy away from those challenges... Un-winnable challenges...... Dude has proved he can play at a high level, but gets beat up doing it ...

Valuist

EOG Master
No to Dalton or Bridgewater. I want them to all out tank. You either need a HoFer or a competent QB on rookie contract. Does anyone really want a Dalton type to suck up a sixth of payroll? Who was the last successful free agent QB? Foles w Philly? But now he's making big money. Look at what a disaster the Flacco signing was. Tank

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
But Chicago is an unique position of having a top notch defense go to waste because of a youthful QB leading an offense down the gutter. Giving up only 22 points to Philly with the amount of time their d spent on the field is like giving up 10 with a little competent play at the QB and more time on offense. GB week 1. Chargers game. Even the win against Broncos would have been by more than 2 scores. Here we have a coach who probably deep down knows Trubisky isnt the one anymore but is stuck in a weird position of waiting until the front office admits they fucked up.

I swear even Dalton would find these guys on offense. Because the plays work, its Trubisky who isnt cutting it.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
All I can say is somebody has to start for these bad NFL teams and guys like Fitzpatrick doesn't shy away from those challenges... Un-winnable challenges...... Dude has proved he can play at a high level, but gets beat up doing it ...
And at cap-friendly prices, very important.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
But Chicago is an unique position of having a top notch defense go to waste because of a youthful QB leading an offense down the gutter. Giving up only 22 points to Philly with the amount of time their d spent on the field is like giving up 10 with a little competent play at the QB and more time on offense. GB week 1. Chargers game. Even the win against Broncos would have been by more than 2 scores. Here we have a coach who probably deep down knows Trubisky isnt the one anymore but is stuck in a weird position of waiting until the front office admits they fucked up.

I swear even Dalton would find these guys on offense. Because the plays work, its Trubisky who isnt cutting it.
The jury is out on your comment about the plays working. Do you really want to run a 5-receiver empty backfield at the goal line? He is adverse to running, but he is exposing a weak OL and a young QB. A running game hides a lot of flaws.

blueline

EOG Master
that was the worst half of football on offense in 40 years...think about all of the bad bears football over the years and that half wins the prize

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
No doubt there are some questionable play calls but the overall vibe I get is Trubisky is just incredibly incompetent with accuracy. Never seen such chaos in my life. When average defenders and defenses are calling you out your days are done as a QB. He just cant decipher defenses and when he does more times than not he is way off to his intended target. I

Valuist

EOG Master
While Nagy was an OC in Kansas City, Reid called the plays for all but 4 games at end of 2017 while Nagy was there. So his offensive play calling resume is still very questionable.