Load management

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Kawhi to sit out in what, his 5th game as a Clipper? White collared workers should have it carte blanche as these athletes do. Leaves a horrible taste in my mouth on the wagering world. What little bit of integrity left continues to smell like sour milk in the fridge.

kane

EOG master
LeBron takes a game off and there are a half dozen threads calling him every name in the book. LMAO at Kawhi taking a game off this early in the season, and against one of the better teams

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It's hard to really have respect for somebody who needs to rest 4 games into a season or agrees to it.

I dont know what to say. I get the bigger picture is playoffs but why would any sane fan buy tickets in advance to a NBA game? 159 to 158 yesterday was the final score of one game.

I understand the stance of it being part entertainment but at some point the respectability is going to get thrown out the window. No bars and places will care to turn on the games, no intelligent human beings will seriously respect and discuss the sport. We are headed towards a dangerous path.

Dish network was implying this already with all their contract disputes regarding sports networks recently.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
If you want strictly entertainment then it's what you got but you cant engage in serious talks about this type of entertainment. What went down in the world series was pure garbage. A lot of awful calls. Poor sportsmanship. Chaos all around. How the fuck is it even possible to have a 7 game series let alone the world series where the ROAD team wins every single time? Its because we live in one fucked up time period where everything is just incredibly fucked...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Money is always king though. Always. Cole is definitely gone. Strasburg will be gone if the price isn't right so will Rendon.

The problem is these insane contracts most of the time never pan out. You cant overpay for Cole to duplicate what he did in the postseason. It's just not possible. Strasburg and Rendon will get PAID because that's how it works but it doesnt mean shit as far as results go for their next teams because you're never getting that same mentality and guy who just won it all.

kane

EOG master
LMAO at Leonard taking another game off, and against another good team. Is this guy just going to sit out a game every week? I'll say it again, I can't wait for all the bash LeBron threads when he decides to sit one out

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
You get paid to play the game. What other purpose do you serve? I dont get what's going on. If they are scared about injuries, it can happen to anybody on any cut, jump, fall, slip at any time.

Do they even give a shit some kid and his family dished out hundreds of dollars hoping to see two of the so called best players in the league in LA? Not only that the time, energy and planning it takes to supposedly see Kawhi vs Giannis?

They are fucked up. They dont give a shit. Clearly.

Last edited:

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
You know what would put a stop to this real quick would be lowering the amount of teams in playoffs. Well see how much load managment you get then you fucking chump.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Not only all this they choose to rest him against Milwaukee and not Portland? WTF? Who comes up with this shit. Multi million dollar coaches making bright decisions.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Load Management in early November.
The NBA season tipped off a week ago.

Michael Jordan had no Load Management.
Babe Ruth had no Load Management

You can't be the G.O.A.T. if you don't play.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
SON: But Daddy, why isn't Kawhi playing tonight?
FATHER: It's complicated, son.
SON: What does "Load management" mean?
FATHER: ...ummm, They are just resting him for future games so he doesn't get hurt.
SON: Future games? What about Now?
FATHER: Do you want to go to McDonald's, Billy? I hear McRib is back.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
why are they going to pay this superstars to be semi part time players?

$30M a year means 82 games 40 minutes a night.

Besides these guys have the best training, recovery methods, clothing to help them sleep better, better travel situation, yet can't play OFF a day off.

if his normal minutes are 36, play him 22 on a "load managment" game.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
why are they going to pay this superstars to be semi part time players?

$30M a year means 82 games 40 minutes a night.

Besides these guys have the best training, recovery methods, clothing to help them sleep better, better travel situation, yet can't play OFF a day off.

if his normal minutes are 36, play him 22 on a "load managment" game.

I heard he plays 30-minutes a game as a form of in-running load management. I guess I could look it up but Kawhi doesn't interest me that much. #Cottenelle

Heim

EOG Master
So Kawhi is worth about 8 points? Pretty sure word leaked why bet down from 2 to pk then off. Now '6'....sheesh...we're getting close to Jordan air.

MrTop

EOG Master
I saw it at clipper -1 I got scared.. could not trust the info., which turned out to be true. there are many games. oh well integrity

MrTop

EOG Master
people are betting on these games along with futures.. what about the fans at the games with tickets...NBA tv package ???? taking days off.

sad

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Timeout 2 minutes into the game by Clippers.

Clippers dont have a point 4 minutes in.

Nobody is in the stands. There will be a downfall.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Mark Jackson going in on Kawhi and Clippers.

Allen iverson wouldn't have taken load management.

How can you be considered one of the best..

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It's all going to backfire on him. You can just feel it coming. He was on the fortunate end of some players being out and some bounces went his way throughout the playoffs last season but it wont strike twice.

What ends up happening is it trickles down on the entire team and eventually they wont gove a fuck which is why you give up 70 in a half. Networks wont pay as much which impacts salaries. He will go from goat to piece of shit if he doesnt use his head quickly and stop this crap.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Eric Bledsoe dribbled the ball from out of bounds instead of passing it like you should.

Wow. Never seen this type of fuckery before.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
kAWHY makes Lebron look like superman

the new soft player is kawhy

Hold on. 13-Klaws is playing tonight so they are on a B2B and he chose to sit out a game against Giannis? Why not play and then sit out the B2B and get even more rest for the next game. He's a weird dude.

P.S. LBJ is Iron Man.