Gimme Your Most Random 'I Forgot He Played For That Team'

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
I haven't seen it yet, but the MLB network is airing a documentary about Dave Parker, looks pretty interesting
Thanks for the heads-up Kane- I will definitely watch it..
Upon further review , Parker who won consecutive batting championships actually ended his career with the Blue Jays.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Dave Parker Especially early in his career was a tremendous and dominating player Unfortunately he developed a cocaine habit that likely diminished his excellence.

Here is where the whole Harold Baines in the HOF is ridiculous

If Baines is in the HOF then Dave Parker should, too. If you had your choice of who you wanted on your team you pick Cobra 100 times out of 100. Parker was feared both at the plate and in the field. Parker belongs in waaaaaaaaaaay sooner than Baines

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Here is where the whole Harold Baines in the HOF is ridiculous

If Baines is in the HOF then Dave Parker should, too. If you had your choice of who you wanted on your team you pick Cobra 100 times out of 100. Parker was feared both at the plate and in the field. Parker belongs in waaaaaaaaaaay sooner than Baines
And I think neither deserve it. I've also heard the Lou Whitaker argument based on Baines induction. Parker's career reminds me a lot of Dale Murphy. I don't get the lack of support for Dwight Evans and Steve Garvey. I thought those two stood out from the old-timers list.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
And I think neither deserve it. I've also heard the Lou Whitaker argument based on Baines induction. Parker's career reminds me a lot of Dale Murphy. I don't get the lack of support for Dwight Evans and Steve Garvey. I thought those two stood out from the old-timers list.

Dale Murphy belongs in the HOF. I can't stand Curt Schilling's politics. BUT - he is a HOFer.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Dale Murphy belongs in the HOF. I can't stand Curt Schilling's politics. BUT - he is a HOFer.
Sitting here in the dr office looking at Parker and Murphy’s stats again, both deserve to make the HOF. Schilling definitely deserves it also,but some writers will hold it against him.

Heim

EOG Master
I haven't seen it yet, but the MLB network is airing a documentary about Dave Parker, looks pretty interesting

The documentary was excellent.......he's not doing well physically but it was nice to see him in Pitt for the 'We Are Family' reunion.

kane

EOG master
Watched the Dave Parker doc last night, very well done, sad to see him dealing with his illness, especially knowing it's only going to get worse.

kane

EOG master
Some athletes don't age very well, but Eric Davis and Barry Larkin look like they could still play

Valuist

EOG Master
Most remember Jim McMahon with the Bears and Eagles, but finished up with Minnesota, Arizona and Green Bay. Actually got a second SB ring with the Packers as Favre's backup.

kane

EOG master
Saban might still be coaching the Dolphins if he was allowed to sign Brees - like he wanted

The Dolphins medical staff said the safer pick was Culpepper, he was coming off a knee injury and Brees had a damaged shoulder. The entire landscape of both the NFL and college football would be different had the Dolphins chose Brees, the success the Saints have had would have been Miami's success, and Saban never would have gone to Alabama and turned that program into a monster

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Larry Csonka - NY Giants

Larry Csonka was the Giants player who fumbled Joe Pisarcik’s handoff in the “Miracle at the Meadowlands”.

Why didn’t they just do the victory formation?
Well, it wasn’t allowed then 😳

Here’s an excerpt from SI.com :

What preceded this epic fail? First, keep in mind that “victory formation” wasn’t formally allowed in the NFL until 1987. The practice to kill a play was for a quarterback to drop back and fall to the ground. He still had to be touched by a defender, though there was an “unwritten rule” that this was done passively. When Pisarcik rolled to the ground on first down of the series, Eagles linebacker Frank LeMaster charged at running back Willie Spencer and shoved him into Pisarcik.
Linemen on both sides began jawing contentiously before order was restored and the Giants huddled up for second down.
Btw, who is the White Sox player pictured in post #132?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Larry Csonka was the Giants player who fumbled Joe Pisarcik’s handoff in the “Miracle at the Meadowlands”.

Why didn’t they just do the victory formation?
Well, it wasn’t allowed then 😳

Here’s an excerpt from SI.com :

What preceded this epic fail? First, keep in mind that “victory formation” wasn’t formally allowed in the NFL until 1987. The practice to kill a play was for a quarterback to drop back and fall to the ground. He still had to be touched by a defender, though there was an “unwritten rule” that this was done passively. When Pisarcik rolled to the ground on first down of the series, Eagles linebacker Frank LeMaster charged at running back Willie Spencer and shoved him into Pisarcik.
Linemen on both sides began jawing contentiously before order was restored and the Giants huddled up for second down.
Btw, who is the White Sox player pictured in post #132?
Ron Santo

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

Well kind of.

Just hours earlier, Oakland Athletics’ owner Charlie Finley had ripped the proverbial rug out from under Major League Baseball’s feet, by selling left fielder and first baseman Joe Rudi and relief pitcher Rollie Fingers to the Boston Red Sox for $1 million each, as well as Cy Young Award winner Vida Blue to the New York Yankees for $1.5 million. Since the Red Sox were in Oakland for a three-game series, Fingers and Rudi simply walked under the stands, over to the visitor clubhouse, and suited up – enabling McWilliams to capture the short-lived Red Sox career of Fingers.
https://baseballhall.org/discover-more/stories/going-deep/rollies-three-days-as-a-red-sox

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Yogi Berra not only managed the New York Mets he actually caught a few games at the end of his career for them.

railbird

EOG Master
garvey out because bias against west coast. same reason gino torreta won heisman over marshall faulk

Valuist

EOG Master
Steve Carlton and Phil Niekro with the Indians. They actually pitched in the same game once for the Tribe.

Indians, White Sox and A's. If somebody played in the AL, a good chance they played for at least one of those teams.